What's new

Bridges to knicks

i feel they're botching their rebuild what with this as well as signing FVV and Brooks last year. Which makes me smile
I think I know what they are doing. But they are relying on the Suns wanting to do a rebuild. They want to get Durant and they are stocking on Suns picks to entice them to go into rebuild themselves(return their picks so they can go into a tank). This might mean Booker might be ont he market too? Should we be interested in that one?

Unless the get KD? I agree I’d rather have the Brooklyn picks.
Yeah, I think this is with the express desire to get KD(or Booker?). This makes it easier to convince the Suns to trade KD(and maybe Booker in separate deal?) and start their own rebuild by getting their own picks back. But I still feel like this is stupid by the Rockets. If that is happening... Booker will be on the market too I imagine... ?!

Also... what are the Rockets doing? Their part of this deal might be even more stupid than the Knicks part...
I'm still not a fan of it but we now know that they are also getting the better of the 2029 mavs and suns picks as well as a 2029 swap option for the mavs and suns picks. That means they get the better for those 2 picks and if the worse of those picks better than their own pick then they can swap for that pick as well.

BTW... the rumor was that Utah wanted Bridges. So... it seems like we were probably the team that the Knicks had to outbid. Ainge loves to screw up the Knicks it seems.

I'm still not a fan of it but we now know that they are also getting the better of the 2029 mavs and suns picks as well as a 2029 swap option for the mavs and suns picks. That means they get the better for those 2 picks and if the worse of those picks better than their own pick then they can swap for that pick as well.
Yeah, but with that trade are there any more valuable picks than the Brooklyn 2025 and Brooklyn 2026 picks? They are IMO prohibitive favorite to be bottom 5 team in the league in 2025, which is considered amazing draft.

That’s a significant detail. I think it makes sense.

Wtf? They wouldnt trade us Grimes.... and then go and do this? Look's like a terrible trade. That just about guarantees Donovan isn't going to the Knicks so that's great. lol

For the record, I think Lauri is easily a better player than Mikal….but Mikal is also overrated AF and has 2 years left on his contract + will resign. I don’t buy into the idea that Lauri has more trade value even if he should/is clearly a better player.

Mikal was 5 firsts plus a swap….I think Lauri will be something like 4 (of NYK caliber) plus a swap.

Stop only counting FRPs in trades and you might realize that NYK didnt give up any prospect of value.

The picks are also their own (apart from one Bucks protected), and nearly guaranteed to be in very late 20s with the way East is looking atm.

The price wasnt insane at all.

I think I know what they are doing. But they are relying on the Suns wanting to do a rebuild. They want to get Durant and they are stocking on Suns picks to entice them to go into rebuild themselves(return their picks so they can go into a tank). This might mean Booker might be ont he market too? Should we be interested in that one?

Booker ?? of course

Stop only counting FRPs in trades and you might realize that NYK didnt give up any prospect of value.

The picks are also their own (apart from one Bucks protected), and nearly guaranteed to be in very late 20s with the way East is looking atm.

I somewhat agree but unprotected picks deep into the future will always be incredibly valuable just because things can change so quickly for teams.

Even young, controlled player teams like Memphis can have a litany of injuries/head cases and end up bottom of the league for a season.

The picks are being overrated…still a premium price for a really good role player. Look at what BOS paid for White, Holiday, Porzingis combined.

Sorry, what prospects were they supposed to send?

Brooklyn officially enters the great tank race of 2025.

Anybody on their roster worth inquiring about?
They don't have their own pick until '28. They won't be (deliberately) tanking, I'm sure they'll load up on various fairly good players and put a team out there that will try to challenge for a play-in spot.

With the way Thibs grinds down players those far out picks could be decent. IDK it’s just a lot for what Bridges is.

The 2029 and 2031 picks could easily be lottery picks. It's 2024. The new CBA isn't going to allow a team to be that kind of good for 5-7 years. And now that the Knicks have exhausted a bunch of their asset base, it's going to be hard to pivot when things go sour.

2027, 2029, 2031....those three picks could definitely be fruitful ones

Fair if you see him as just a role player. However he is a borderline AS quality 2 way wing who can self-create, which is probably the most coveted player type in the league.

He’s not very good at that. This year in a higher usage role he was just average efficiency with little to no playmaking….and that higher usage also comes with the bonus of not being as good on defense. Realistically he can make the most impact in the role he had for the Suns…as a self creating, higher usage wing he’s like Jerami Grant. And don’t get me wrong, being a super role player is super valuable. But that’s a lot for a guy who should be ~18 USG.

He’s in a good spot though, I don’t think NYK will need him to do much creating. It’s a lot and if they don’t resign OG it’s going to feel real crappy. But to your point, they likely don’t care about losing the 24th pick or whatever every other year.