What's new

Burke overreaction retraction action gaining some traction.

Hotdog

So Burke looks way better than he did in the summer league. Now people are jumping back on the Burke wagon.

Discuss.

Nah. Still not that impressed. He has a good handle but he still over-reaches and gets stuck. I think he can come along just fine, but only time will tell.

He makes rookie mistake... Not a problem...

He controls the ball very well!!

I'm just gonna flip flop on this without guilt.

He looks far better now then he did in the summer league. I thought he might bust, but I don't feel like that anymore. He actually looks great. I feel a lot better about it now.

Its amazing how much different he looks. I guess that jungle ball (summer league) was just not suited for him.

I'm just gonna flip flop on this without guilt.

He looks far better now then he did in the summer league. I thought he might bust, but I don't feel like that anymore. He actually looks great. I feel a lot better about it now.

Its amazing how much different he looks. I guess that jungle ball (summer league) was just not suited for him.

Will be fun to see who owns up to being a retard, who claims that "I never said Burke would bust, just said he wouldn't be a Hall of Famer", and see who will be down on Burke and nit pick everything he does his whole career just to defend their shot in the dark guess that he would bust.

My guess is most people bitch out and go with the 2nd option and redefine that by bust they meant not a Hall of Famer.

Something should be said for his defense as well. Held the best shooter in basketball to 4 of 14.

This.

That's the first thing I noticed that made me happy. He is quick enough to keep up and he got around screens good. At least what we saw so far. Then it was how he controled the pace. His shooting, his handles, it all looked pretty solid.

I'm so effing excited for this season.

I haven't changed my opinion on him. Then again, I didn't see the game. Nor did I see the summer league. I see him as an Andre Miller caliber player -- not really a borderline all-star, but if he's your guy you're sitting solid. In short, I think he'll be precisely what we need.

Last edited:
My stance has never changed.
Always been: right pick in a weak draft... will be a decent starter or really good back up... ceiling, mike conley... basement, dj augustine.... most likely, jameer nelson (when he was good starter) or jose calderon.

Decent starter but too small and not quick enough to be top ten in the league.

I felt that way when we drafted him, after summer league/scrimmage and still feel that way

Was surprised at his defense on Curry. Yeah, he got stuck on a few screens but the rest of it was pretty good.

Holy hilarious thread title

I was encouraged with his play tonight. But he still has a way to go to earn my complete fanship. I also realize he's a rookie and so my expectations are tempered.

I've always thought he'll be a guy that gets you around 15 points / 7 assists (not necessarily as a rookie), while also bringing great leadership on/off the court; his stats will be good (not spectacular), but he'll have a bigger impact than the stat sheet suggests.

I didn't see much different out of him tonight than I did in Summer league. Well, I guess I take that back. He was far less aggressive now. And I think that's helped him look better.

But, I still didn't find him fast or explosive. I didn't see him breaking down the defenses much. He was mostly just 'there'. Made a couple shots, helped him look better. And a couple nice passes.

But, nothing to write home about, surely. He's more passive now. That's about it. Still the same player with the same limitations I saw in summer league. But, now he's trying to do less.

I'll give him this though, he looked competent. Not exceptional by any means, but, he did seem to carry his share of the load. I won't have any problems with him if he continues to do that.

Burke will be fine. He will be a solid player but the Black Jesus claims were a little ridiculous.

He looked better than he did in summer league, but 5-14 with only 2 Reb and 3 AST isn't really a great performance, unless we're comparing it to SL. While he did have some nice passes, and did run the offense a lot better than he has in the past, his antics forced Gordon into being the PG out there, hence Gordon's 8 AST. I was also a little troubled that our rookie PG took the most FGA's out of all our players, that doesn't seem right.

I saw improvement tonight, and that was heartening. Bu I am going to need to see some more PG skills from the kid before I start jumping up and down for joy.

https://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400491510

Nah. Still not that impressed. He has a good handle but he still over-reaches and gets stuck. I think he can come along just fine, but only time will tell.

He's never going to grow if he doesn't fail. You can teach him not to get into that situation, and that makes for a good ball player. But he's already a good ball player. The only way he's going to be great is if he knows how to get un-stuck when he ends up there.