What's new

Burks for Fultz?

Two years ago, Fultz would be worth the gamble. Now, I just don't see it. We have so much developing to do with Exum, Grayson, Donovan, O'Neale, etc. And like others have said - it's a mental thing that might not ever be fixed.

Orlando is the best spot for Fultz. Their PG situation sucks and they seem like a team willing to take a gamble.

Personally, I think we should be looking at Korkmaz. Philly didnt pick up his option so he is unrestricted this summer. He is a young shooter who won't get time with Philly this year.
Thanks Lopo, good point. I was gonna start a thread about it. Korkmaz is from my country and I know him since a while. He joined the NBA a bit earlier than he should have, his mistake. His development did not go too well and he wasn't given opportunity when all other guys were out injured, PHI's mistake. PHI didn't even pick up his cheap rookie option, PHI's mistake again! He's undervalued and hence cheap as hell, although he had two consecutive good games recently. He needs a bit of work with a real development program but I'm telling you, dude can play, man. His ceiling is really high. An athletic shooter who isn't afraid of the moment. Good educated smart kid with stellar work ethic. So Jazz DNA there. I might be a bit biased so take this with a grain of salt but if we somehow land him he can be our next GH.

Thanks Lopo, good point. I was gonna start a thread about it. Korkmaz is from my country and I know him since a while. He joined the NBA a bit earlier than he should have, his mistake. His development did not go too well and he wasn't given opportunity when all other guys were out injured, PHI's mistake. PHI didn't even pick up his cheap rookie option, PHI's mistake again! He's undervalued and hence cheap as hell, although he had two consecutive good games recently. He needs a bit of work with a real development program but I'm telling you, dude can play, man. His ceiling is really high. An athletic shooter who isn't afraid of the moment. Good educated smart kid with stellar work ethic. So Jazz DNA there. I might be a bit biased so take this with a grain of salt but if we somehow land him he can be our next GH.

Korkmaz could be amazing here. I wish we could find a way to get him this season so we have a better chance to sign him this summer.

Not a bad idea, but no.

There's a rumor that Fultz had a motorcycle accident in the summer before his rookie season, and that's why he's had chronic shoulder issues.

How come a lot of you are willing to give up so much cap space for a player who looks like a complete bust? This isn't some cheap player you take a flier on. Fultz will earn $9M next year, IINM.

And Bryant ain't some mythical player development coach. He helped Hayward develop, but Gordon had the skills and desire to do so. Mitchell is a gym rate. But Bryant and Quin haven't done much for guys like Exum, O'Neale and Crowder. Those players are pretty much the same as they were when they joined the Jazz. No magic yet with Allen. Seems he can't shoot at the NBA level nor play defense. Let Fultz continue to hamstring Philly with his high salary.

I'd rather see Dennis "Do Nothing" Lindsey have $9m additional to spend in free agency. I'm hoping Starks and the board start holding him accountable just as the Millers and Lindsey did with Corbin. This is the deadline and summer Lindsey needs to get off his fat arse and build the team. No more excuses, nor more kicking the tires, no more ******** about internal growth. Put up or get fired.

How come a lot of you are willing to give up so much cap space for a player who looks like a complete bust? This isn't some cheap player you take a flier on. Fultz will earn $9M next year, IINM.

And Bryant ain't some mythical player development coach. He helped Hayward develop, but Gordon had the skills and desire to do so. Mitchell is a gym rate. But Bryant and Quin haven't done much for guys like Exum, O'Neale and Crowder. Those players are pretty much the same as they were when they joined the Jazz. No magic yet with Allen. Seems he can't shoot at the NBA level nor play defense. Let Fultz continue to hamstring Philly with his high salary.

I'd rather see Dennis "Do Nothing" Lindsey have $9m additional to spend in free agency. I'm hoping Starks and the board start holding him accountable just as the Millers and Lindsey did with Corbin. This is the deadline and summer Lindsey needs to get off his fat arse and build the team. No more excuses, nor more kicking the tires, no more ******** about internal growth. Put up or get fired.

My thoughts exactly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't think the Jazz' system would be a good fit for him at all, and if a guy like Exum who seems to be fragile at times emotionally can't develop here then I doubt Quin threatening to murder his family would scare the yips out of Fultz.

He needs to be in a situation where players can play free and there's no expectations on them to win right now. I think the Bulls would take a flyer on Fultz along with another player like Bolden and a 2nd for Dunn and Holiday for example.

Include Bolden and I might consider Fultz as a salary dump. We can send a 2nd round pick to Philly. Perhaps a 1st that is lottery protected. Bolden is worth a late 1st.

My decision would come down to Mitchell. I would sit him down and get his thoughts. The NBA is a brotherhood. A draft class is even closer. Mitchell will know what kind of guy Fultz is. Does he have a work ethic? Does he seem stable? Is his talent worth the risk?

Everybody knows Simmons is a punk diva. I'm speculating here, but his desire for attention and playing PG might have had something to do with Fultz not getting burn. And two non shooting, drive first PG's always seemed like a poor fit.

I would talk to Donovan. If he thinks it is worth it, then go for it.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

DL and QS have to do something soon before this season slips away ... Trade some players, bring in some shooters and scorers

I haven’t followed fultz. Can someone tell me wtf happened to him?

He averaged 23/6/6 on 50%/41% in college. Shouldn’t that be in him still somewhere?

Fultz hurt his shoulder sometime at the beginning of last season. He has had issues regaining his form and confidence.

Now that Philly has Butler, they are moving from development mode into contention mode. They dont seem like they want to deal with his mental or physical issues.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

This wouldn't be a meaningful move for fixing the current roster. But if all he costs is an expiring, then I think it's a risk worth taking - for the future.