What's new

Burks is the reason we're winning games

I'd love to know this, you guys: there aren't a lot of hyper-talented SGs and SFs in the league right now-- why would Hayward make the preliminary Olympic squad, and Burks wouldn't?

If Hayward demands 15 million, and we choose to go with Burks (@ 8 or w/e) instead, I won't be broken-- but really? Burks = Harden, and Burks > Hayward?

The fact is that Hayward is able to make the whole team better, even when he shoots like absolute dog crap. Not a whole lot of players, especially wings, can do that.

Burks is getting better in this regard, he use to have negative to no positive impact on others. He will never be on Hayward's level in that regard though imo. Burks is such a relentless attacker that for him to be able to have the awareness for others would be very difficult, which is what makes Burks good at what he does.

Yep. Andrei Hayward is now receiving the same imaginary stats argument that we all heard for years. You know, stats that improve the team but don't show up in the box score. I say give Andrei the max and let Alec go.

I wish I could live in The Thriller's idealist world where we are able to assign fixed $$$ values on players and only sign them to that number. We would never overpay for a player until we get that UFA Super-Star that decides to sign with Utah. Then we will have a ton of money to pay contracts to other players but we won't overpay for because everyone wants to move to Utah.

I wish I could live in The Thriller's idealist world where we are able to assign fixed $$$ values on players and only sign them to that number. We would never overpay for a player until we get that UFA Super-Star that decides to sign with Utah. Then we will have a ton of money to pay contracts to other players but we won't overpay for because everyone wants to move to Utah.

Listen buddy, I've been on this forum since the time it was created. I lived and suffered through the entire AK47 fiasco. I am telling you right now the exact same arguments being made to support Andrei Hayward and/or extend him are the exact same as those I heard in support of Andrei Kirilenko.

Sign another jack of all trades master of none to the max. I don't care. It will go as well as the previous time we did this. It's not an idealistic world I live in. I just learned from the previous experience to NOT sign a role player to the max.

So you can learn from history or repeat the same mistakes.

Not really getting the comparisons. Yes, they both had a great feel for the game, but their games are pretty different.

Also, AK's biggest fault is that he couldn't work in the offense of Dwill/Boozer. I think Hayward is a lot more versatile in that respect. I think he can play alongside anyone and make an impact.

Also, no one is advocating the max for Hayward. I said I would probably match a max offer, but I think I'm in an extreme minority on that one. It's not like I would be adamant about matching it either, I just don't want to see him go and I think he would help the team for years to come.

Listen buddy, I've been on this forum since the time it was created. I lived and suffered through the entire AK47 fiasco. I am telling you right now the exact same arguments being made to support Andrei Hayward and/or extend him are the exact same as those I heard in support of Andrei Kirilenko.

Sign another jack of all trades master of none to the max. I don't care. It will go as well as the previous time we did this. It's not an idealistic world I live in. I just learned from the previous experience to NOT sign a role player to the max.

Completely. Different. Players.

FWIW: I would never, ever max Hayward. Batum money is fine. A little overpayment is okay, cuz #Utah. But he shouldn't be held onto for more than Favors IMO.

Not really getting the comparisons. Yes, they both had a great feel for the game, but their games are pretty different.

Both are role players (3rd-4th options on good teams) who demand the max. Jack of all trades and master of none. Now, Hayward even received compliments for those "stats that don't show up in the box score." Ohhh how often I heard that from 05-08.

Let some other stupid franchise make the mistake of maxing Andrei Hayward.

Ok Thriller...bro...you gotta stop talking about the max! Ain't nobody giving him that and nobody on here say so either(I hope so at least).

Alec Burks on the other hand? How many times have we seen that dribble away-from-the-screen-pull-up jumper-from-a-foot-inside-the-three-point-line?

I'm with u about Gordon, that he is really valuable and brings a lot to the table but stop haten on Alec! If you do wanna make a point use other players.

BTW "dribble away-from-the-screen-pull-up jumper-from-a-foot-inside-the-three-point-line" or not Gordon is taking a lot of long two's. They might not be bad shot selection every time but they are not really efficient shots. Gordon is taking 193 FGA(.292) between 15 - 24 ft. and just 169 FGA(.256) from less than 5 ft. from the basket. Alec on the other hand is taking 141 FGA(.257) between 15 - 24 ft. and 240 FGA(.437) from less than 5 ft. from the basket.

And I really don't know if it's that much smarter to keep shooting when you are 2-10 or 1-11 or something. Just sayn...

I would just like to say I love all of the C5. They would make a great supporting cast to a star.

#praying4wiggins

#praying4parker

The irony is that people were doing the same thing to Hayward last year, looking at stats that put him pretty close to some superstars. Now everyone hates Hayward and he sucks.

Super interested to see how we feel about Burks next year if he chooses not to sign an extension.

When i compare burks to wade its not due to stats
I watch burks play and see the skills he has and the way he uses them.
FWIW

Then why have no fellow athletes,
Actually fellow atheletes have compared burks to harden.

2 former ute players and harpring so far.

Why hasnt more national people? Well how much exposure has burks received has to be part of the equation

Yup. It's also impressive how Gordon doesn't almost ever make "bad-decisions"--

Seriously lol.

Im a hayward fan but watching the games this year i have seen ALOT of HORRIBLE turnovers from hayward.

More than burks.

And i have seen alot of bad shots not taken in the offense by hayward, though not any more than burks in that regard.

I'd love to know this, you guys: there aren't a lot of hyper-talented SGs and SFs in the league right now-- why would Hayward make the preliminary Olympic squad, and Burks wouldn't?

Easiest question to answer in the history of the world.

Burks had a hard time impressing people from the bench.

Exposure.
The corbin effect