What's new

Burks is the reason we're winning games

Hayward is a better player than Burks, but Burks is going to shine on teams like this one, and Hayward isn't.

Burks is better suited to being a #1 option than Hayward, but that is fairly irrelevant because neither one would ever be a #1 option on a good team.

Burks = Harden
Dala this really needs to stop.

No one, including myself, thinks burks is as good as harden.

And i dont think he ever will be.... i mean harden is one of the best in the league and the odds are way against burks becoming that good.

But it ok, and nothing for you to freak out about, for someone to say that alec does some of the same things as harden or wade (who burks is more like imo) and has some of the same skills.

No one is saying burks is currently as good as those guys though so you can stop saying that we believe him to be on thier level..... we dont

FWIW: I would never, ever max Hayward. Batum money is fine. A little overpayment is okay, cuz #Utah. But he shouldn't be held onto for more than Favors IMO.

Word
Hayward and burks are both looking to be nice players which is a good thing.

I still dont know burks ceiling however and im hoping we are not even close to it yet but i have no idea.

hayward i think we know what he is because he has been getting good consistent minutes for 3 years now

l-m-a-o. Said by write4u, of all people.

Since when am I a poor judge of talent? I was one of the first to come out and maybe the first to say that Matthews would be a stud. I was one of the first to be on the DeMarre bandwagon. I think that's one of my assets as a poster, recognizing talent. Yeah, you might say I went overboard with AK. But AK had the talent, it was just a series of circumstances, some of which were brought on by himself, that prevented him from reaching his potential.

I would just like to say I love all of the C5. They would make a great supporting cast to a star.

#praying4wiggins

#praying4parker

Agree.
Still hoping for a day that they all start together this season.

Before the year started i (and i think most jazzfanz) thought the core 5 would start together from day one.

I was shocked when jeffy started the opener, though i shouldnt have been surprised

but that is fairly irrelevant because neither one would ever be a #1 option on a good team.

Probably right
But imo its too early to know for sure with alec since he is just getting his opportunity to shine.

Most likely burks wont be a harden wade number 1 option type but i think its strange for anyone to act like they know for certain

I also find it interesting that some posters say that jazz fanzers are so quick to judge players (like hayward and millsap)
Yet those same posters are so quick to judge burks ceiling and potential after he has had only a couple of months of decent playing time.

Smd

I also find it interesting that some posters say that jazz fanzers are so quick to judge players (like hayward and millsap)
Yet those same posters are so quick to judge burks ceiling and potential after he has had only a couple of months of decent playing time.

Smd

What? We are saying we find it funny how people turn on players they deem selfish because they don't sign contract extensions.

As far as judging Burks ceiling.I don't think anyone has done that, we are just saying at this point he doesn't do things that Hayward does. They aren't natural to him because they directly conflict with the things that are natural to him.

What? We are saying we find it funny how people turn on players they deem selfish because they don't sign contract extensions.

As far as judging Burks ceiling.I don't think anyone has done that, we are just saying at this point he doesn't do things that Hayward does. They aren't natural to him because they directly conflict with the things that are natural to him.

I referring to franklin saying that people are so quick to turn on proven jazz players (which is true) yet he is so quick to say how good kanter and burks will ever be without actually seeing them have the opportunities to prove themselves.

I'm with u about Gordon, that he is really valuable and brings a lot to the table but stop haten on Alec! If you do wanna make a point use other players.

I actually really like Alec Burks-- I just have to make it a point to y'all that he aint the second coming of the Messiah. Like these Burks > Hayward posts are just crazy.

BTW "dribble away-from-the-screen-pull-up jumper-from-a-foot-inside-the-three-point-line" or not Gordon is taking a lot of long two's. They might not be bad shot selection every time but they are not really efficient shots. Gordon is taking 193 FGA(.292) between 15 - 24 ft. and just 169 FGA(.256) from less than 5 ft. from the basket. Alec on the other hand is taking 141 FGA(.257) between 15 - 24 ft. and 240 FGA(.437) from less than 5 ft. from the basket.

And I really don't know if it's that much smarter to keep shooting when you are 2-10 or 1-11 or something. Just sayn...

I'd argue that it is. The last thing I want for Hayward to do, is to mope after he's having rough shooting night. Theres enormous amounts of instances where a star player will go 1/9 on a night, but then nail the last-second jumper to win the game. Players need to have confidence-- and as long as those shots are reasonable, and within the offense, I have no problem with them.

I referring to franklin saying that people are so quick to turn on proven jazz players (which is true) yet he is so quick to say how good kanter and burks will ever be without actually seeing them have the opportunities to prove themselves.

A proven track record of player evaluation is a badge I'll gladly wear. Why do you think me always being right is a bad thing?

A proven track record of player evaluation is a badge I'll gladly wear. Why do you think me always being right is a bad thing?

I remember a post from you that simply said "burks sucks"

Carry on

All of this.

This forum is like the parents of ****ty players who missed the junior high bball team because they sucked balls. It was coaches fault, he couldn't see their talent yo. Never the child's fault, excuses excuses.

Alec Burks sucks ***. I don't want to see him play another minute, and if it weren't for the tank he wouldn't.

Burks. Sucks. ***.

Put down the stat sheet and watch the game. Burks ruins the offense and can't play a lick of defense. His stats are padded from playing in junk minutes.

Hmmmm...

I was never wrong on Alec. He has grown a lot in those 2 and a half years and we should all be happy that his work ethic and the coaching have earned him a solid amount of playing time. Corbin has brought Burks along at the perfect pace for Burks.

Wait WUT!!!! 180 degree turn!!!
!!!!!