What's new

Buying into the second round?

Jose Mayonnaise

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
It's been floated that the Jazz may buy into the second round. Who would you like to see them target?

For me it's Vince Williams Jr. of VCU.

View: https://youtu.be/ftbmMlT2N6w?t=30

Not sure we can get high enough but I love David Roddy… I think we buy into the end of the second round… giving a roster spot to a second round guy actually saves 1M in salary plus tax… so they may not even like the guy they pick but it saves like 3M or helps us narrowly miss the tax.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
I think Dalen Terry from Ariz. will be good. He might go 1st round, or he might go back to school.
The Italian prospect Procida looks good as an athletic 3D wing.
Alondes Williams from Wake Forrest should make the league and be decent.
Jalen Williams from Santa Clara appears to be a bit below the radar at the moment.
Jean Montero should be a rotation player.

Avery

I think we are kidding ourselves that buying a second round pick is going to somehow improve our team. Last second round pick we hit on was Millsap 16 years ago.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
I think we are kidding ourselves that buying a second round pick is going to somehow improve our team. Last second round pick we hit on was Millsap 16 years ago.
What are you talking about? A couple years ago we were one of the best defensive teams in the league and our best perimeter defender was drafted at the end of the second round.

Saint Cy of JFC

For me:

Alondes Williams
Hyunjung Lee
Dereon Seabron
David Roddy
Leonard Miller
Jabari Walker
Gabriele Procida
Josh Minott
Kenny Lofton Jr
Iverson Molinar
Dalen Terry
Terquavion Smith
Jaylin Williams (Arkansas Center)
Jaylen Williams

Avery

What are you talking about? A couple years ago we were one of the best defensive teams in the league and our best perimeter defender was drafted at the end of the second round.
Who is the individual you are talking about? If I'm being ignorant or forgetful, happy to be challenged, but I don't know who this individual is. Royce?