What's new

Buying into the second round?

It's interesting over the past fifteen seasons we've had more success signing undrafted guys than drafting 2nd rounders.

Buying into the 2nd isn't too tough, but I'm not loving the 2nd round guys this year.

Any chance at a non Don/Rudy deal to get a pick in the mid or later 1st for a guy like Liddell or Eason if they drop a little?

Buying into the 2nd isn't too tough, but I'm not loving the 2nd round guys this year.

Any chance at a non Don/Rudy deal to get a pick in the mid or later 1st for a guy like Liddell or Eason if they drop a little?

I doubt the Jazz trade Mitchell unless the offer is just incredible. If the Jazz trade Gobert, I'd hope the picks involved are in the 1st half of the 1st round. Maybe #15 from Charlotte or #16 from Atlanta is involved.

If the Jazz did acquire a pick in the 20s, Liddell would be an interesting choice. I also like Dalen Terry and Wendell Moore in that range.

If the Jazz trade Gobert and a mid 1st is the main value we get back I'm probably done as a fan. Wait til Vegas gets a team or some such.

It'd real sad if we brought in the guy who basically drafted this entire Celtics team only to have zero draft pick for him to work with.

I like some of the 2nd round guys, not as immediate contributors though. I'd use those picks to swing on guys with high ceilings:

• Leonard Miller | GF | Canada
• John Brown | FC | Florida State
• Payton Watson | GF | UCLA
• Bryce McGowens | G | Nebraska