What's new

Buyout Candidates

nateboz

There are several players being bought out today. Who do you want? If Lindsey decides that his roster is good enough, should he be replaced himself? Discuss.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'd take Jabari or Kaminsky. I haven't seen anything about Jabari being bought out yet though, guess we'll see what happens.

So far an incomplete list of candidates who have/will/rumored/are likely to be bought out is:

Enes Kanter
Robin Lopez
Marcin Gortat
Zach Randolph
Frank Kaminsky
Carmelo Anthony
Garret Temple
Wes Matthews
Wayne Ellington
Milos Teodosic

Make a push for Kaminsky because why not. I'd love Lopez or Gortat to replace Udoh. Matthews just for the feels. Otherwise meh.

I'd take Jabari or Kaminsky. I haven't seen anything about Jabari being bought out yet though, guess we'll see what happens.

I doubt he will, WA knows they're not going anywhere this season and they're under the tax so they may as well see if Jabari is a good fit for them.

So far an incomplete list of candidates who have/will/rumored/are likely to be bought out is:

Enes Kanter
Robin Lopez
Marcin Gortat
Zach Randolph
Frank Kaminsky
Carmelo Anthony
Garret Temple
Wes Matthews
Wayne Ellington
Milos Teodosic

Make a push for Kaminsky because why not. I'd love Lopez or Gortat to replace Udoh. Matthews just for the feels. Otherwise meh.
I think it might be worth revisiting the SLCdunk analysis of how Carmelo would fit with the Jazz. See https://jazzfanz.com/index.php?posts/1704085

Enes Kanter
Robin Lopez
Marcin Gortat
Zach Randolph
Frank Kaminsky
Carmelo Anthony
Garret Temple
Wes Matthews
Wayne Ellington
Milos Teodosic

Together Thats a fun team. They should just send them to Seattle and work them into the schedule.

Wes Matthews is the only one I'm interested in on that list since I think he could fill in as a small ball 4 for a bit. Waive Niang for him.

Maybe Temple (but I don't think he gets bought out).

The advantage we have is we can offer a chunk of MLE this year and maybe get an option for next year. Celtics will be doing this and offering a 2 year deal supposedly to help match salary in an AD trade next year.