What's new

Buyout Candidates

Also, we are probably the only remaining team Gortat hasn't played for .. .

Ha it's all about fit with that guy. He was pretty good playing with Wall in Washington, they were an elite pick and roll duo but I really think he would be a good backup to Gobert and an upgrade to Udoh. I also like Kaminski with his ability to stretch the floor as a 4/5. Wouldn't mind him coming off the bench.

Add Markieff Morris to the list. He's recovering from an injury right now though. Should be back before the end of regular season. If we can sign him to a one yr rental deal that'd be a win.

Worth a shot. He's a decent stretch big. Not the sharpest tack though.

The bigger question is - who do you waive in order to pick up a buyout option?

Niang
Udoh
Thabo
Neto

Nobody else makes sense.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

There’s no reason to drop a player to sign one of the guys that are getting bought out. Are they going to help us get out of the second round or win a title, I like Neto and Niang has some potential that I like, and I’d rather keep the expirings we need all the cap room we can muster for free agent season.

If the Jazz's motto this year is team chemistry they arent going to cut someone to add a likely non-rotation player.

Add Markieff Morris to the list. He's recovering from an injury right now though. Should be back before the end of regular season. If we can sign him to a one yr rental deal that'd be a win.
I think the Celtics should sign him and let him take most of Hayward’s minutes. At the very least, the twins will beat him up and take his lunch money.

If the Jazz motto is team chemistry. ..it is really unfortunate that two starters were rumoured in so many trade whispers.

To me, this is a simple answer - you drop Thabo to pick up Gortat.

Just picture it now....

Game 1 in the West Finals...

For some reason, Gortat is in the starting lineup over Gobert...

As the ball is tossed for the tip...

With the ball still in the air...

Gortat runs over and breaks Draymond's face with one huge right cross...

If we turned Thabo into a coach a year early for that exact moment, it's worth it for me.