What's new

Buyout Options

This kind of sucks but if he’s taking a buyout the money isn’t the most important thing. This is the best buyout option that will be available... promise him the bae for one year next year if things work out... get it done DLJZ

I think we could offer the biggest role to Marvin and a familiar situation with potential to stay on a better deal next year but he’s talked about retiring.

This kind of sucks but if he’s taking a buyout the money isn’t the most important thing. This is the best buyout option that will be available... promise him the bae for one year next year if things work out... get it done DLJZ
I think dropping 5 in a row and our precipitous drop in the standings hurts our status when one is looking to join a “contender.”

I don't think DL/JZ are gonna sit on their hands on the buyout market. Reports have been for a while that we would be aggressive in the market. And we've kept the bottom of the roster incredibly fluid. Stanton Kidd and Jeff Green in and out already, so the Millers don't have any qualms about waiving guaranteed people and spending the extra dough if they need to.

I think dropping 5 in a row and our precipitous drop in the standings hurts our status when one is looking to join a “contender.”

Yes but he could be the hero. I think guys want to be part of the reason the team wins so role is important. Wes choose Indiana last year partly for that reason.

But yeah contenders are really the LA teams and Milwaukee. Not sure he’s a definite rotation player for any of those teams... sucks that the Lakers can add Collison or Reggie Jackson and likely one other wing for nothing and we are playing Niang and Bradley praying for Ekpe.

I don't think DL/JZ are gonna sit on their hands on the buyout market. Reports have been for a while that we would be aggressive in the market. And we've kept the bottom of the roster incredibly fluid. Stanton Kidd and Jeff Green in and out already, so the Millers don't have any qualms about waiving guaranteed people and spending the extra dough if they need to.
JZ said they were aggressive at the deadline but nothing really made sense and they already made their big move... anyway I’m sure they are actually pursuing this... hopefully it works because Marvin would really help.

I'd like a little more athleticism than Williams, but if we can get him at this point, I'll take it. Who else is expected to be on the market?

Tim Frazier, Gerald Green, and Trey Burke also waived. Jazz not gonna be interested in them though.

JZ said they were aggressive at the deadline but nothing really made sense and they already made their big move... anyway I’m sure they are actually pursuing this... hopefully it works because Marvin would really help.
“Marvin’s people never called us so we assumed he wasn’t interested.”

I'd like a little more athleticism than Williams, but if we can get him at this point, I'll take it. Who else is expected to be on the market?
I mean there is always a lot of athleticism on the buyout market... youth, athleticism, shooting is abundant there.

Kyle O'Quinn is an option... he will eventually get bought out... supposedly upset they didn't do it today. I like him in the past... he's been not great last couple years, but was in some stacked frontcourts and didn't get consistent run. He's huge and a "don't **** with me" guy... so there's that.

I remember his defense on Embiid.

He's a decent team defender and he seems like he'd fit in on any team.