What's new

Buyout Targets

I think he is already heading to the Bulls. Carlisle had a weird quote about it after last night’s name.Ii
All DedEx fans: His contract with Barca is about up. Stats aren't gaudy but shooting a decent percentage from two and three, 90% from the line and averaging about 6 ppg.

What FAs will interest folks next summer? Obviously depends a lot on if we make any bigger moves. Trying to keep it to guys who could at least potentially be in our range.

Guards:
Gary Payton II - defense from the guard spots, novel idea

Forwards:
Otto Porter Jr/Kyle Anderson - same idea with both, bring in a real modern 4

Bigs:
Chris Boucher - I like him in that he could probably play some minutes next to Gobert

Junior Glove is interesting but Quin dismissed him earlier this year when he was a free agent by saying "We know who he is and know what he can do."

NAW sucks. He had a good season never.

*I really don’t know on NAW, but if the definition of Sato is that he sucks, then that doesn’t speak well for NAW helping us this year.

Also, I’ll give you $50 if NAW is ahead of Forrest in the rotation a month from today (assuming Forrest is healthy). The only thing I’d ask is that you acknowledge he isn’t if he isn’t, without appealing to “he will be soon” or “he will be next year.”

Taking your bet would be a no-brainer. NAW was a starter in NOLA for a good portion of the year, until Brandon Ingram was healthy and Herb Jones really took off. He still averaged over 26 mins/night and scored 13 pts. Even on a team like the Pels, Sato only got spot minutes and averaged under 3 ppg. Sato isn't going to play much of a role for any team at this point. See if he averages 10 mins for the Spurs.

The problem with NAW is that he's not a starting-level point guard unless he's surrounded by quality talent and some team structure. Also, he shouldn't be your 2nd-option scorer. On a half-baked team like the Pels though, he was both of these things. He's going to look like a different player when he plays in Quin's system. NAW is really a 2-guard in the mold of an Alec Burks who was playing out of position after the Pels unloaded Lonzo Ball. He'll be a solid rotation player for the Jazz. Once he settles in, I'm expecting he'll get regular minutes and probably score double figures.

There was a rumor that the Jazz wanted to trade Ingles in a deal for Moses Moody at the time the Jazz traded for Paschall. Quin stepped in to block it. Jazz are just following up with the same type of deal now that Joe can't play and he's expiring.
The month has come and gone. NAW is most certainly not above Forrest in the rotation. I’d have to check the minutes, but he doesn’t appear to be ahead of Butler, either.

He’s played 36 minutes in a month.

The FO made trades with other teams to exchange more expensive contracts for less expensive contracts, and we gave up two draft options and our best locker room presence to do so.

In parallel, the FO made a trade with Jazz fans, exchanging a fan favorite and the rest of our potential trade chips in return for empty hype, broken promises, and gaslighting.

Last edited:
I'd still like to know the front offices reasoning for telling both Woj and Tony Jones that Naw was going to be in the rotation, when they knew full well he wouldn't be.

I'd still like to know the front offices reasoning for telling both Woj and Tony Jones that Naw was going to be in the rotation, when they knew full well he wouldn't be.
Maybe they thought he would be and Quin is being defiant? Though it's probably just that Danny Ainge is a bull-*****er and wanted to look good with his first move.

It’s like half the point of a refrigerator and freezer. You save leftovers because you can’t justify throwing away good food, so your feelings are placated when you know you can eat it later. Enough time passes and it eventually spoils and though you’re not excited to throw it away, you’re far enough past that point of commitment that it no longer really matters at that time. The fridge/freeze just acted as a time buffer to get you comfortable with the idea of it entirely going to waste. The FO can say WTF they want because they need to satiate the public in that moment. It doesn’t matter what they’re thinking a month from now because, sans a few of us here, most people won’t even remember what we got back in the deal, and perhaps they could even just let them come to their own conclusions about why it was such a necessary and shrewd move.

The latter part of that paragraph is like the Peter Sellers movie Being There, if you’ve ever seen that.

It’s like half the point of a refrigerator and freezer. You save leftovers because you can’t justify throwing away good food, so your feelings are placated when you know you can eat it later. Enough time passes and it eventually spoils and though you’re not excited to throw it away, you’re far enough past that point of commitment that it no longer really matters at that time. The fridge/freeze just acted as a time buffer to get you comfortable with the idea of it entirely going to waste. The FO can say WTF they want because they need to satiate the public in that moment. It doesn’t matter what they’re thinking a month from now because, sans a few of us here, most people won’t even remember what we got back in the deal, and perhaps they could even just let them come to their own conclusions about why it was such a necessary and shrewd move.

The latter part of that paragraph is like the Peter Sellers movie Being There, if you’ve ever seen that.
It really wasn't hard to see the reasoning... @infection and I both stated it was BS to paper over that they just did a very temporary money move and gave away a beloved player while doing so. Hilarious that they fooled a lot of well more well known Jazz bloggers cough*Dan Clayton*cough.

In a game where Bogey was out, Forrest was out, House left early... NAW got 4 minutes and didn't do ****.

I'd be willing to bet they couldn't do the trade without taking his salary back and that they absolutely dump him in the offseason with one of Bogey/Mike/JC in whatever salary clearing move we do. They will sell it like the other team wanted him.

And as is mentioned here... once things calm down people forget and it gets swept under the rug.

It really wasn't hard to see the reasoning... @infection and I both stated it was BS to paper over that they just did a very temporary money move and gave away a beloved player while doing so. Hilarious that they fooled a lot of well more well known Jazz bloggers cough*Dan Clayton*cough.

In a game where Bogey was out, Forrest was out, House left early... NAW got 4 minutes and didn't do ****.

I'd be willing to bet they couldn't do the trade without taking his salary back and that they absolutely dump him in the offseason with one of Bogey/Mike/JC in whatever salary clearing move we do. They will sell it like the other team wanted him.

And as is mentioned here... once things calm down people forget and it gets swept under the rug.
But… didn’t we not only give ingles up in this move but we also gave up 2 draft picks? I mean… what the ****?

kinda sucks we missed Sato and Moses brown, both been balling for their respective teams while we are stuck with GReG MoNrOE

Last edited: