What's new

Buyout Targets

Qman

Who are the buyout targets?

There is a chance that Gary Harris or Terrence Ross will be bought out. Who should we be going after?

Who are the buyout targets?

There is a chance that Gary Harris or Terrence Ross will be bought out. Who should we be going after?
Harris maybe... but he likes it there and they like him. No reason to do it unless one side is pushing. Ross... no... 1 year left on his deal after this one.

I think a guy like Bazemore could be out there. Honestly though... House is the best guy we can conceivably get... but we probably wait out the extra few days before signing him so Ryan can bank the per diem.

Harris maybe... but he likes it there and they like him. No reason to do it unless one side is pushing. Ross... no... 1 year left on his deal after this one.

I think a guy like Bazemore could be out there. Honestly though... House is the best guy we can conceivably get... but we probably wait out the extra few days before signing him so Ryan can bank the per diem.
Just say no to Bazemore.

Actually, hell no!

Just say no to Bazemore.

Actually, hell no!
House is better. Honestly as far as the buy out market goes I don't think I'd look for win now pieces. I'd look for interesting young guys to sign to our two-way spots. Sign Forrest and House to two year minimum deals.

See if Woodard or Armoni Brooks will sign for your open two way spots. If an interesting buy out guy pops up then waive Hernangomez. Juan is worth a roster spot too.

I just fear we get cheap and roll with 14 guys... that would be just utter ********.

Watch the Lakers go ham on buyouts.
I don't see a huge buyout market developing. Harris would be far and away the best guy. Maybe KCP but he has a NG year for next year and the wiz might end up keeping him.

I think the Nets have to waive someone... Bembry, Griffin, James Johnson, Aldridge.... I know they were trying to move Claxton. If they waive him there will be a lot of teams interested. They could waive Jevon Carter who would be interesting to me if we didn't have Forrest... but with Trent emerging I'm good.

Guys... we have our team... my only question is will they cheap out on House.

Not a buy out, but I want Sam Merrill on the Jazz.

Suspect defense, chances are he won’t play in the playoffs, but in garbage time he’ll shoot better than Matt Thomas.

I think Boston currently has a leg up on the buyout market. If I understand correctly, they currently only have 10 players. Harris would be a perfect match there.

(However I don't understand how they'll stay under the tax if they need to pick up 4 players with $2.5 million. Maybe Spotrac's numbers are off?)

I guess the question is do the jazz value a buyout player over house ?
No, but they may value that narrative over tying up the money right now. "They don't want to commit to signing House yet because they want to see what else shakes loose. Don't worry, House is still waiting in the wings." It will help us a lot to not have to pay House's salary + tax for the next two weeks.

No, but they may value that narrative over tying up the money right now. "They don't want to commit to signing House yet because they want to see what else shakes loose. Don't worry, House is still waiting in the wings." It will help us a lot to not have to pay House's salary + tax for the next two weeks.
You are sounding miserly.