What's new

Buyout Targets

It just seems like that is the no brainer or no brainers but the Jazz seem to be hesitating. Makes you wonder why.

They're probably just seeing what's out there. Although, they could also waive Hernangomez. Actually, I think the Jazz could do something with Drew Eubanks, though he's a similar player to Hernangomez.

I think the Jazz will probably give their last roster spot to Forrest and that will put us at 15 contracts.
I don't know that I ever got confirmation on whether two-ways get to play in the playoffs this year, but I'd assume they likely allowed that again (if they hadn't already) back in December when they made changes and allowed for hardship 10-days. If Forrest is eligible for the playoffs, I don't see them converting him to a regular contract and instead would say they'd offer him a regular deal this off-season.

It just seems like that is the no brainer or no brainers but the Jazz seem to be hesitating. Makes you wonder why.
I suspect they take care of that shortly… would expect him to get a two year deal. Not sure what the deadline is to convert/sign him but I’m guessing it saves Ryan a few shekels to wait.

There might be another obscure mid-1st round pick from 4 years ago who can't break the rotation on a mid-tier to bad team with long arms we might feel will be the difference maker for "reasons", that we feel we need to sign.

The Jazz traded Ingles to shed $4M in salary. I'd be confident in saying we're done maneuvering and we're not going to be waiving anyone.

I don't know that I ever got confirmation on whether two-ways get to play in the playoffs this year, but I'd assume they likely allowed that again (if they hadn't already) back in December when they made changes and allowed for hardship 10-days. If Forrest is eligible for the playoffs, I don't see them converting him to a regular contract and instead would say they'd offer him a regular deal this off-season.
I think there is no service day limit but I don’t think they can play in the playoffs this year.

Two-way players can play unlimited regular-season games and get paid the league minimum per game. I don't think they can be on playoff rosters though. Jazz will have to bump him to a regular contract before the playoffs. He's shown enough defensively that he should come in to help guard the Ja's and CP3's.

That said, I could see them take a few weeks to see what NAW and Huancho look like. If Rudy Gay isn't going to play well enough, the Jazz may look for another solution, imo. It also might be a good idea to see what the playoff matchups are going to look like. If the Jazz have to play against Anthony Davis, they might need some more help.

Last edited:
If that's indeed the case, then I'd expect us to convert him on whatever day the deadline is.
Yeah… which is fine in this case because at least he’s not losing money. It’s a PPP loan from the NBA to Ryan.

Also means no Juan buyout to save a few dollars… since he brings us to 14

Two-way players can play unlimited regular-season games and get paid the league minimum per game. I don't think they can be on playoff rosters though. Jazz will have to bump him to a regular contract before the playoffs. He's shown enough defensively that he should come in to help guard the Ja's and CP3's.

That said, I could see them take a few weeks to see what NAW and Huancho look like. If Rudy Gay isn't going to play well enough, the Jazz may look for another solution, imo. It also might be a good idea to see what the playoff matchups are going to look like. If the Jazz have to play against Anthony Davis, they might need some more help.
If we play Anthony Davis we will shouting for joy. Means that we face the Lakers in the second or third round and are going to the finals or conference finals.

Yeah… which is fine in this case because at least he’s not losing money. It’s a PPP loan from the NBA to Ryan.

Also means no Juan buyout to save a few dollars… since he brings us to 14
Yeah. Like you, though, I'm actually a little curious about Juancho and think he may have a bit of value there. Won't see much time and it would really be contingent on people like Gay being out.

Yeah. Like you, though, I'm actually a little curious about Juancho and think he may have a bit of value there. Won't see much time and it would really be contingent on people like Gay being out.
He’s better than we can do on the current buyout market. Who knows maybe he can find himself again.

The Jazz traded Ingles to shed $4M in salary. I'd be confident in saying we're done maneuvering and we're not going to be waiving anyone.

The Jazz traded Joe Ingles because they don't have a point guard solution (who can shoot) if Mike misses time.