What's new

Buyout Targets

Who cares ? They won't wanna come into Utah, this is it. Maybe they'll sign House, maybe, who knows. Maybe someone gets him first cause we wait too much trying be cheap, maybe they simply shrug their shoulders and go "he'd not give us any new dimension that would justify his contract", like they did with the trade deadline.

I really doubt the Jazz are going to go the buyout route, unless someone like Gary Harris falls into their lap (despite seeming to have better options to have a key role on other teams: Celtics, Nuggets, etc.). I'd really try to sell him on the Jazz if he becomes available, though.

Likeliest move is only to fill one or two two-ways spots. With how things have gone this year with the Stars, I'm not even sure that there's a lot of motivation to do that.

We need a SF/PF with enough size and athleticism.

Even if it's a development project like Woodard I'll buy it.

Any other signing would be a waste of time/money. At least as far as the buyout market is concerned.

We passed up way too many opportunities(McDaniels, Herb Jones) to upgrade the 3/4 spot and now we are overloading Royce with heavy minutes as a result.

It's now our priority No.1

Nobody.

We have to hope and pray that Forrest and NAW help with perimeter defense. Playoff rotation:

Conley
Don
Royce
Bojan
Rudy
Gay
Forrest
JC
NAW
Paschall
Whiteside/Dok

Eh, starters play more minutes in the playoffs and rotations are shortened. I would be absolutely shocked if Quin goes with an 11 man rotation. Also, assuming they sign House for the rest of the season, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Quin trusts him more with playoff minutes than guys like Forrest and NAW because of his experience.

Eh, starters play more minutes in the playoffs and rotations are shortened. I would be absolutely shocked if Quin goes with an 11 man rotation. Also, assuming they sign House for the rest of the season, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Quin trusts him more with playoff minutes than guys like Forrest and NAW because of his experience.
My concern is can we stay healthy. We do not have a great track record there, especially at playoff time. And then digging deep into the bench is what happens, and where you at least need to be solid, or have a Terrence Mann capable of a timely explosion. So some time needs to be spent in getting these guys at least moderately confident and comfortable in the system.

In Jazz alumni news center Enes Freedom was waived by the Rockets, JWF signed a GLeague deal with the Pels GLeague team and Trevon Bluiett signed with a team in Germany.

Gary Harris would be a steal and I would sell him on being a starter and benching O'Neal.

Figuring an 8 man rotation for the playoffs

Starters-

Conley
Mitchell
O'Neal
Bogdanovic
Gobert

O'Neal would be the easiest to upgrade

Bench-

Clarkson
NAW
Whiteside
Gay

Situational -

Paschall
House
Forrest

Longshots -

Butler
Dok

I'd love to get Harris, but he's not an O'Neal replacement. He's literally the 4th worst rebounder in the NBA this season.
If they buyout Harris I do r even think we’d have the best odds of landing him within our division. I’d guess he goes to one of the main buyout destinations but also a strong possibility he’d land in Denver.

My concern is can we stay healthy. We do not have a great track record there, especially at playoff time. And then digging deep into the bench is what happens, and where you at least need to be solid, or have a Terrence Mann capable of a timely explosion. So some time needs to be spent in getting these guys at least moderately confident and comfortable in the system.

Health is definitely the biggest concern, especially with Conley. We've done a good job keeping his minutes down this year to about 28 a game...I just hope those hamstrings will hold up in the playoffs when his minutes increase to 32 or 33 a night.

Speculating on Gary Harris is a fruitless endeavor. Not because Gary wouldn’t sign here (probably wouldn’t, I don’t know), but because we’ve already signed our 14th spot. If/when Harris were bought out, expect the cadre of Jazz media in unison, with small exception, repeat how adding someone who will have to fight for time like Harris would cost nearly $10M, how he doesn’t really move the needle, how we’re already logjammed at that spot anyway, and how we just brought in NAW and are struggling to find minutes for him, and we would need his youth more than Harris’ vet presence anyway.

I think the Nets have to waive someone... Bembry, Griffin, James Johnson, Aldridge.... I know they were trying to move Claxton. If they waive him there will be a lot of teams interested. They could waive Jevon Carter who would be interesting to me if we didn't have Forrest... but with Trent emerging I'm good.

Guys... we have our team... my only question is will they cheap out on House.
I would take a flier on Bembry