What's new

Call me a homer a thousand times

The history and winning culture has to say something too. Being on a winning team would help Cousins more than anything, TBH.

Thanks for your help on this. The Jazz are one of the most stable franchises in the NBA. Also, if Cousins helps the Jazz beat someone like the Lakers then the entire state will treat him like a demi-god. I know that can only help things.

That means only two things. First, that the season is about to start. Second, that this trade will more than likely not happen. I really hope that it does though.

Can't say i hope it happens till I know what we're potentially giving up, lol. As long as it's not Favors, then sweet.

I think you have to find a way to keep Millsap and Favors. Millsap is the only guy on the team from my vantage point that has the relevant experience, knowledge, attitude, and ability of a winner that Cousins should and most likely would listen to. I think Cousins is the kind of guy that decides who and what he's going to listen to and won't be told what to do by anyone else. Millsap is a leader by example. It's kind of perfect.

But now I'm getting ahead of myself. I'd be very, very wary of this trade, but also very, very interested depending on what Sacramento would take back.

I think you have to find a way to keep Millsap and Favors. Millsap is the only guy on the team from my vantage point that has the relevant experience, knowledge, attitude, and ability of a winner that Cousins should and most likely would listen to. I think Cousins is the kind of guy that decides who and what he's going to listen to and won't be told what to do by anyone else. Millsap is a leader by example. It's kind of perfect.

But now I'm getting ahead of myself. I'd be very, very wary of this trade, but also very, very interested depending on what Sacramento would take back.

I agree with all of this.

The history and winning culture has to say something too. Being on a winning team would help Cousins more than anything, TBH.

Let's not pretend that the Jazz were world beaters last year or that they have the thickest living tradition in the NBA anymore. Last year was a small miracle and Corbin is a good coach, but while there is some continuity, this is a franchise largely in transition and a team still trying to find an identity.

If this was the Jazz looking at drafting Cousins while having Sloan, Deron, Millsap, and not Fat Al, I'd be singing a different tune.

Here is the real question for me. Would I rather keep Jefferson around, or trying something different with Cousins?

For me this is simple, it is Cousins. With anything worthwhile there is risk involved. Cousins is a higher risk but the potential reward could be significant.

Reading this thread makes me feel like I've intercepted coded communications in the North Sea, but I can't figure out if those doing the communicating are Soviet submarine commanders or drunken Norwegian fishermen. I'll be in St. George next weekend and I sure hope this conversation makes more sense by the time I get there.

Let's not pretend that the Jazz were world beaters last year or that they have the thickest living tradition in the NBA anymore. Last year was a small miracle and Corbin is a good coach, but while there is some continuity, this is a franchise largely in transition and a team still trying to find an identity.

If this was the Jazz looking at drafting Cousins while having Sloan, Deron, Millsap, and not Fat Al, I'd be singing a different tune.

For sure. But at the same time, a 4-6 seed seems pretty possible. Being on a team with vets, amazing young talent to grow with, that's also fighting for home court in the playoffs? Seems like a pretty good fit for him, even if we are in a transition phase, like you said.

The Corbin thing is the only part that worries me.

What? Lets look at just a few players, Tinsley, Howard, Steven Jackson and Boris Diaw. If anything, they are willing to take on risky talent and they seem to have a decent history of making it work.

Cousins is a completely different case. Those players had to behave. Cousins would have leverage to behave like a baby. Or at least think he does.

I don't see it.

If the question is Jefferson or Cousins, it's Cousins a million times. Cousins would at least have some market value and it's believable he could still improve substantially.

Reading this thread makes me feel like I've intercepted coded communications in the North Sea, but I can't figure out if those doing the communicating are Soviet submarine commanders or drunken Norwegian fishermen. I'll be in St. George next weekend and I sure hope this conversation makes more sense by the time I get there.

This post made me laugh out loud.

Watcha doin down in St George Joseph?

Here is the real question for me. Would I rather keep Jefferson around, or trying something different with Cousins?

For me this is simple, it is Cousins. With anything worthwhile there is risk involved. Cousins is a higher risk but the potential reward could be significant.

I'd be surprised if anyone disagrees with you on this.

Also for whatever this is worth, Kanter could use a situation like Sacramento (infinity minutes) and Sacramento could use a young talent like Kanter (a sweetheart with a huge *****).