What's new

Call me a homer a thousand times

Is anyone concerned AT ALL, that Cousins would eat Corbin - and inevitably whoever the Jazz got to replace him if it came down to it - alive?

Nope. Not if the Jazz can eat up the Lakers. And the Jazz would eat up the Lakers with Cousins and Favors playing together.

Nope. Not if the Jazz can eat up the Lakers. And the Jazz would eat up the Lakers with Cousins and Favors playing together.

You're getting extremely ahead of yourself.

Players need to know how to play and how to play with each other. From what little I've seen of Cousins, I see an immensely talented player that has no clue what the **** is going on and I'm not sure that the Jazz have the organizational strength at this point to change that.

Seems to me that Cousins has all the talent, physicality and drive to win to be a force in the NBA. He doesn't always seem to know how to harness his tools to best help his team win, at least in his early NBA career. There's no reason why he should be shooting such a poor percentage or fouling at such a high rate. He hasn't had an opportunity to play with good veterans and/or coaches who command respect and can back it up with a deep understanding of what it takes to win basketball games while in Sacramento. Duncan/Parker/Pop or Rick Adelman (with Rubio and Love) might actually be able to teach Cousins how to play.

Solid reasoning but it doesn't benefit the Jazz at all.

I'm torn, jazzfanz. This has the potential to be the greatest thread on the webz, but I love y'all and I'm a big softie. What to do?!

So everyone would do a Cousins/Favors swap? What's going on here? I'd be willing to swap Kanter for him...and maybe even throw in the GS pick. But I'm not giving up Favors.
I wouldn't swap Favors for Cousins. It would just be a risky sideways dumb trade.

I would love to get Cousins but I'm not so sure the Jazz would give up much for him. The combination of Lindsey and O'Conner indicates that they won't be looking at people with attitude questions, very hard. If Sac approaches them with a great offer then ya. But don't expect the Jazz to pursue this.

Mayyyybeeee Cuz told PKM that Sactown informed him he may be headed to Utah? If they really wanted to trade him, then the Jazz would definitely be a team with assets they would be interested in, whether it be expiring contracts or young talent/picks. So, maybe Utah was one of the first teams they wanted to talk to? Idk, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

You're getting extremely ahead of yourself.

Players need to know how to play and how to play with each other. From what little I've seen of Cousins, I see an immensely talented player that has no clue what the **** is going on and I'm not sure that the Jazz have the organizational strength at this point to change that.

I certainly am getting ahead of myself. Gasol + Howard is a scary combination. The problem for the Lakers is that Gasol and possibly even Howard are headed in the wrong direction now. Favors and Cousins are only getting better from this point on.

I disagree about the organizational strength. The Jazz are one of 3 or 4 organizations that could help him.

Also, I wouldn't trade Favors for Cousins. Favors will be the lynchpin of the Jazz defense, whether anything else comes along or not. Favors and Cousins natural strengths and weaknesses complement each other very well.

I certainly am getting ahead of myself. Gasol + Howard is a scary combination. The problem for the Lakers is that Gasol and possibly even Howard are headed in the wrong direction now. Favors and Cousins are only getting better from this point on.

I disagree about the organizational strength. The Jazz are one of 3 or 4 organizations that could help him.
You have been paying attention to the Corbin era, correct? He's getting bullied by scrubs.

I wouldn't swap Favors for Cousins. It would just be a risky sideways dumb trade.

I would love to get Cousins but I'm not so sure the Jazz would give up much for him. The combination of Lindsey and O'Conner indicates that they won't be looking at people with attitude questions, very hard. If Sac approaches them with a great offer then ya. But don't expect the Jazz to pursue this.

What? Lets look at just a few players, Tinsley, Howard, Steven Jackson and Boris Diaw. If anything, they are willing to take on risky talent and they seem to have a decent history of making it work.

Earl for Cousins.... Get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On a serious note, I am with PKM on this one. I would love to have Cousins. My only question would be is there are player on this team who can take the big brother role or can Corbin do that? I am not sure.

I can't disagree with that. I was more referring to KOC, Rigby and Gail. The rest or just pawns to those three anyway.

The history and winning culture has to say something too. Being on a winning team would help Cousins more than anything, TBH.

Mayyyybeeee Cuz told PKM that Sactown informed him he may be headed to Utah? If they really wanted to trade him, then the Jazz would definitely be a team with assets they would be interested in, whether it be expiring contracts or young talent/picks. So, maybe Utah was one of the first teams they wanted to talk to? Idk, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

What if Tuesday is just a code we need to crack?

Trade
Ur
Enes to
Sacto. Kings,
Deal
Away Cousins?
Yes.

Wish I knew what you were trying to say...

This thread is so chaotic.

That means only two things. First, that the season is about to start. Second, that this trade will more than likely not happen. I really hope that it does though.