What's new

Calling the shot

Lakers are looking at bigs most likely... clips looking for a playmaker... does OP start for BKN, Either LA team, NY (contender... not so much).

He met with us when we had an opening. He likely knows his body can't handle full time minutes... He could have a future contract here. Many of those big markets can dispose of him without recourse if they like Batum or someone else better.

Getting a buyout guy here is a big deal and we'd treat him right to make sure our reputation stays in tact. Also, if he is looking for a contender he might start his journey by looking at the top of the standings.

@infection has prophesied that this will happen... it feels like the year we were all calling for a tank and he rallied the basketball gods in our favor. I give this prophesy at least a 15% chance of happening which is basically a sure thing.

Shaq was my prophesy but I always knew something greater was coming after me... I was only laying the ground work. OP will take us to the promised land.

Every team can use Otto Porter and he would get more minutes on every other contender. Joe Ingles has to set the all time TS%, be the best guard defender on the team, and run PnR well just to have a chance at displacing Bogey. If Bogey wasn't a massive liability on both ends Ingles still wouldn't be finishing games. And then there's Clarkson behind him too.

I ask this with every theoretical signing. What's it going to take for this move to actually make a difference? You have to displace Bogey and Quin has been loud and clear that it will be very difficult to do so. When we're offering OPJ a spot, it's not be a starter or a major role player...it's Niang's role. Bogey is the blockade on anything meaningful happening to this roster, and while me or you may think it would be obvious to play Porter instead...that is not a realistic thing to expect of Quin.

You have to have a really compelling case as UTA to get Porter to come over LAC, LAL, BKN or even teams like MIA, BKN, and PHI. That's just how this goes. If we had the bigger role and were clear contenders, maybe, but we probably have the least to offer as far as role and are obviously one of the least desirable destinations in the league. If he doesn't want to play major minutes anymore, he can do that on those teams too.

Every team can use Otto Porter and he would get more minutes on every other contender. Joe Ingles has to set the all time TS%, be the best guard defender on the team, and run PnR well just to have a chance at displacing Bogey. If Bogey wasn't a massive liability on both ends Ingles still wouldn't be finishing games. And then there's Clarkson behind him too.

I ask this with every theoretical signing. What's it going to take for this move to actually make a difference? You have to displace Bogey and Quin has been loud and clear that it will be very difficult to do so. When we're offering OPJ a spot, it's not be a starter or a major role player...it's Niang's role. Bogey is the blockade on anything meaningful happening to this roster, and while me or you may think it would be obvious to play Porter instead...that is not a realistic thing to expect of Quin.

You have to have a really compelling case as UTA to get Porter to come over LAC, LAL, BKN or even teams like MIA, BKN, and PHI. That's just how this goes. If we had the bigger role and were clear contenders, maybe, but we probably have the least to offer as far as role and are obviously one of the least desirable destinations in the league. If he doesn't want to play major minutes anymore, he can do that on those teams too.
Disagree on the role... both LA teams would have a Niang sized role... clips may not have anything really. BKN when healthy really doesn’t have much on the wing or 4... Miami depends on what they do at the deadline... they have a lot of wing depth too. Boston and Philly might have the biggest and best roles.

Market is a valid concern. We are only talking half a season and homeboy about to be a free agent... so he will need to hopefully re-establish his value. I’m guessing fit/system will factor in fairly heavily. He’s also one sprained ankle from Royce or Bojan away from being a starter and it’d be a role he could handle and we’d still be contenders. If Lebron or Kawhi get hurt and he gets more time then great... but those teams are cooked if he’s replacing them.

Look I said there is a 15% chance... I think we’d get a meeting. Would we be the favorite? Doubt it.

OPj traded to Magic for salary ballast in Nikola Vucevic.

I think OPj getting bought out is imminent.

Here is how it happens... we still have our BAE. I am not sure we can use the full BAE and stay under the hard cap but lets say we can... we can give OP the full BAE this year and a player option next year. The money difference between minimum and BAE this year is not much but he locks in 3.4M next year if he continues to have health issues.

This is my half baked plan that may not even be legal.

Orlando coming to town this weekend... the gonna drop off OP Jr. for us?

Here is how it happens... we still have our BAE. I am not sure we can use the full BAE and stay under the hard cap but lets say we can... we can give OP the full BAE this year and a player option next year. The money difference between minimum and BAE this year is not much but he locks in 3.4M next year if he continues to have health issues.

This is my half baked plan that may not even be legal.
Nusret_G_k_e.0.jpg

No one can handle the full BAE.

Last edited:
Orlando coming to town this weekend... the gonna drop off OP Jr. for us?
Is it a coincidence that we play his former team followed by his current team on a back-to-back, when he himself has back issues?