What's new

Can Somebody Explain What The Hell Happened Last Night?

I mean, if we're being real, this is exactly how much of the GSW series went last year and how a bulk of game one went for the Jazz this past week. The Rockets are on an entirely different level than Utah. To put it into college terms, the Jazz is a MAC team and the Rockets are like a top-level SEC team (think Georgia or Alabama). Game two was probably a fluke - a game that happens when the Rockets go cold and we don't. The problem here is that you can't bank on a team of the Rockets caliber going cold often enough to win the series. So, it wouldn't surprise me if game four is just a replay of games one and three. There's one outlier so far in this series and it's game two. So far Utah has been down 20+ in two games ... no reason to believe that won't happen again tomorrow.
You were saying the same thing in the OKC series. Obviously it’s a different series, but you’re seeming to say the same things, and only stopping by when we lose. I’d be interested in you following up on your round 1 comments of this caliber.

The Rockets took revenge for losing on their home floor. It's understandable with their lineup how they responded. Not sure how we came out so flat. If it wasn't for Royce's run, it would have been even worse.

I want to know what happened? I mean Really Know....

Well take a seat, hold on tight and just to be safe while you wait you better hold your breath

Well, in Southern terms, every man, player and coach threw there brains to the hogs last night, missed shots, played no defense and by and large reverted back to hip hop ball!

MrBY34

I think this image tells it all.
MrBY34

I think reality crashed in on us last night. Good news, though. Rubio just might be back tomorrow and I heard at Best Buy that he has the Reality Stone. I think this goes six games.

Still basking in the sweet euphoria of sending Melo to an early summer, the boys weren't as focused as they needed to be!

The rockets scored more points than the jazz did.

The Rox shouldn't shoot as well. Be as laser-focused. I expect us to be. To shoot better. But Jae scares me. I feel like he's been playing better and is due for a 3 of 16 game. Whatevs I guess. We gonna have to ride or die with him tonight.

DA: What the hell happened?

EV: I tried to warn you in the bar. I told you you must exercise control.

Did you miss game 2 where we had about 7 or 8 lob dunks to Gobert/Favors?
When Joe reads the defense correctly, he can make those lobs. My complaint, which you refuse to acknowledge has any validity, is that sometimes Joe appears to be going through the motions. He makes the lobs at the rim when Gobert/Favors/Mitchell are being heavily defended and, all too often, these end up being TOs or offensive fouls. This was very apparent in Game 3.

I can forgive Joe for the couple of times he drove and then got caught with no shot and no one to pass to -- this stuff happens when you're trying to make something happen and the defense stops you. It's the lazy, brainless passes that I'm complaining about.