Can The Jazz Fix Wiggins?

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Saint Cy of JFC, May 2, 2019.

1. yamers

yamers Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Wiggins is trash bro,

Ps i remember how we all touted that draft as the next lebron wade bosh draft. Lol

2. Knowledgeofmine

Knowledgeofmine Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Why does he have to be fixed?
    Do you think the Jazz staff can just improve any player they get hands on?
    Best case scenario Wiggins could be 3rd possibly 4th option on a chip contending team. He has game but isn't a leader. HEHEe doesn't boost up his ego, he just plays. Now as a number one pick you should be an all star and it still time for him to try to accomplish this but I doubt he is ever an all star but he could be a great third wheel. Also a player who could live in Utah

3. Knowledgeofmine

Nov 7, 2017
    PgAb told us about all the future HOFers fro m That class.

Wes Mantooth likes this.
  4. Knowledgeofmine

Nov 7, 2017
    also seems like a kid who could use a strong veteran lockerroom. He doesn't have the make up and you could tell how uncomfortable he was with the Jimmy and KAT situation. A vet team could turn Wiggins into a good player. Also not saying you,but how can anyone here call out of a kid loves the game or not or doesn't spend enough time in the gym? Unless you have first hand info just hush it.

5. dong2ha

dong2ha Premium Jazz Fan Contributor

May 18, 2011
    if we fail to land a free agent this year, why not

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

checkbookdoc likes this.
  6. Knowledgeofmine

Nov 7, 2017
    Can tell you never played this beautiful game. 2 other non all star players have to give this player the motivation to win? Also win what? Minny is in same boat as Utah. They will make playoffs and miss some playoffs but they never going win a chip. Heck when last time either one of those franchises got past round 2?

7. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Minny ain't in the same boat. The TWolves are going to be paying $100M to a player who they hope can be "fixed" - or at least becomes serviceable. That's an albatross of a contract. I guarantee you Dennis just hangs up the phone if they call.

8. yamers

yamers Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Pgab aka rayes has talked a big game but deep down inside hes fulla ****

9. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Is Wiggins going to be the next Odom? You know, a crappy player that we’ll see endless threads about? Sigh

It’s almost getting to the point where I’d prefer us in the lottery rather than being a quick one round exit. Having to endure endless threads about crappy players makes the summer feel so long.

10. Sandman822

Sandman822 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Lamar Odom was actually good at basketball though despite all of his problems and an incredibly valuable member of those Lakers Championship teams, Wiggins on the other hand has never been a valuable member of the Wolves and stats would suggest that he's never been better than replacement player level his entire career. Yet somehow he got a max deal because Glen Taylor is an idiot.

Wiggins is a net negative on the court, has shown little to no desire to improve anything in his game, is a black hole scorer who can't shoot well, and despite all of his athletic tools is one of the worst defenders in the NBA (only reason why he isn't the worst is because he has a prototypical 2/3 body and can jump well). I have no doubt that if he was able to move on to the right organisation that he would show some improvement, but he isn't going to become worth his monstrous deal anytime in the next 4 years or however long he has left on it.

11. Harcher

Harcher Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    This is an interesting discussion. Everyone agrees the jazz are at a disadvantage due to small market and perception of Utah. So what are the solutions for that? Possibly being excellent at reclamation projects. While I don’t know Wiggins well enough to comment, it makes sense to consider this strategy. I can’t imagine using the reclamation plan to get cornerstone players, but jazz have two already. But if Wiggins core is intimately understood, you would know the challenge ahead. Same with Jabari. I have two employees who are 5 star performers who are reclamation projects. But I also have had employees, who are unbending, and unreclaimable...

NPC D4617 and David Hume like this.
  12. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Calm your ****. It's one thread.

NPC D4617 likes this.
  13. RRJazz

RRJazz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2017
    I'm going to leave this here:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...oston-celtics-lineups-most-intriguing-players

"Motion-tracking cameras recorded Wiggins "running fast" during only 4.8 percent of his time on the floor, one of the 10 lowest such figures in the league, per Second Spectrum. (Almost everyone in his slowpoke vicinity is a plodding 7-footer.)
    http://media.video-cdn.espn.com/gif...OU_MIN__4_25_(Wiggins_doing_nothing)_2gif.mp4

He has shown no aptitude on pull-up 3s, or on any sort of 3-pointer outside the corners -- and he doesn't shoot enough from the corners. Nobody guards him away from the ball.
    His pick-and-roll work is rote. He still doesn't know how to run his defender into screens.
    He'll peek around a pick, only to moonwalk uselessly into a long jumper. Even when he has an advantage, he'll stop short […]
    He has never had the impact he should on defense. He doesn't rebound, force turnovers, or contest shots. He is a bystander."

Oh, by the way, his salary:
    2019/20 $27,504,630
    2020/21 $29,542,010
    2021/22 $31,579,390
    2022/23 $33,616,770

colton, Jazz Spazz and Douchebag K like this.
  14. Lakers_Slapper

Lakers_Slapper Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Wiggins is not the answer! I think that by saying that, I/we are not saying that we would like to gamble "on a bunch of low to mid tier free agents." Let's face the facts. The Jazz have and never will have had the opportunity to sign "a bunch" of low to mid tier free agents. We're lucky to get one mid tier free agent to look our way. With that being said, it is stupid for us to blow our available funds on a guy with zero ceiling. (Like Wiggins). I would love it if DL gambled at all, but we all know that will never happen. When have we signed "a bunch of low to mid tier" free agents at any point? I'll wait....

15. Bulletproof

Bulletproof All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Feb 17, 2017
    Can the Jazz "fix" Wiggins? Do you mean like neuter him? Like cut his balls off? I imagine that would be a complicated negotiation.

Saint Cy of JFC likes this.
  16. Bulletproof

Feb 17, 2017
    Oh. I see where I went wrong. We're talking about something more than cutting a guys balls off, we're talking about changing his character.

Getting him to agree to have his balls cut off would be easier.

One Brow likes this.
  17. Lakers_Slapper

Jul 15, 2010
    Let me get this straight. You posted a reply to your own comment, quoted your response, while replying and talking s*** to yourself? Only to be arguing with your own response in the first place? Classic.

18. Bulletproof

Feb 17, 2017
    No. It was a two part joke.

First I pretended to think the OP was saying "fix" the way you'd say "I fixed my dog." Then I (sarcastically) realized the error I had made and ended with the punchline that it'd be easier convincing Wiggins to cut off his balls than to bring him in and change his basic character.

Classic, indeed.

19. Lakers_Slapper

Jul 15, 2010
    Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

20. rjfan

rjfan Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I remember the Kevin Love sugestions sounding bad due to age, injury history, contratc, defense etc, but comparing to Wiggins, at least he can rebound, shoot, score efficiently...