What's new

Cars that you like

Get a car YOU like, and don't worry about any other factors. Doesn't matter what Lucy down the street likes, get what you like. You want a girl that likes you, not your car. This isn't a difficult concept, and it's been said at least 10 times now.

Get a car YOU like, and don't worry about any other factors. Doesn't matter what Lucy down the street likes, get what you like. You want a girl that likes you, not your car. This isn't a difficult concept, and it's been said at least 10 times now.

??? And I have taken all your advice and settled down on the TT which I originally liked and also ticked off all the boxes. I eliminated the Golf GTI and the Merc based on many who have commented here.

I've also thanked all who have contributed, and have been really appreciative. I'm not sure what else I could have done?

??? I am genuinely looking to buy a car, and it's well documented that I've been driving the van from my plants business for 5-6 years now. Somebody said at the time when I mentioned this that it's no wonder I'm still single and I should get a real car rather than driving around that van with our company's logo on it, not exactly a chick magnet, etc.

It's definitely a genuine request for suggestions & comments.

Did I say that? I don't think I did but it sounds exactly like something I'd say. Who the hell is my doppelgänger on here?

One Love ruined yet another thread. Jesus.

I'm honestly at the point where I'm hoping he's trolling, because this is starting to become sad. Asking other dudes what car he should get in order to not be single anymore? Is this a sit-com?

Do the smart thing, put him on ignore.

I don't blame women for wanting nothing to do with OL, honestly. I need to be harsh wit you here:

There is nothing more gross than a dude who overthinks what decisions he wants to make, based on what "women" (genuine l-o-l @ this monolithical appraisal of the world's women) want. It's phoney and pathetic, I wouldn't wish that upon even my least favourite of people.

Here is the skinny-- the car u drive won't change ****. So be a ****ing normal human and get what you enjoy the most. Think of economics vs performance, practicality vs. looks, and cost vs reliability.

Try to be authentic to yourself (for once), and get what *you* want. If I had to buy a car right now I'd buy a wagon or a hatchback. Who gives a **** what others think.

And if you don't get rid of this overanalyzing, "gaming" mindset, you'll be single forever.

If you're overly anxious about being single, you'll be single forever.

If you're overly vain without checking your own self, you'll be single forever.

Pretty sure I underthunk things when I was single.
Too late for a do-over?

I should have bought a bus.

I don't blame women for wanting nothing to do with OL, honestly. I need to be harsh wit you here:

There is nothing more gross than a dude who overthinks what decisions he wants to make, based on what "women" (genuine l-o-l @ this monolithical appraisal of the world's women) want. It's phoney and pathetic, I wouldn't wish that upon even my least favourite of people.

Here is the skinny-- the car u drive won't change ****. So be a ****ing normal human and get what you enjoy the most. Think of economics vs performance, practicality vs. looks, and cost vs reliability.

Try to be authentic to yourself (for once), and get what *you* want. If I had to buy a car right now I'd buy a wagon or a hatchback. Who gives a **** what others think.

And if you don't get rid of this overanalyzing, "gaming" mindset, you'll be single forever.

swap the car issue for something else... he's been getting this exact same advice for years now, no? Whether it's meant to or not, this kind of **** is the perfect troll campaign on JFC.

swap the car issue for something else... he's been getting this exact same advice for years now, no? Whether it's meant to or not, this kind of **** is the perfect troll campaign on JFC.

Have I not said this over, and over, and over already?

Have I not said this over, and over, and over already?

for years I totally refused to believe that OL was a real person. It was only after repeated insistence by 3 or 4 different posters that he was that I decided he MIGHT be.

Tl;dr

Summary: OL - buy this.

173564467d2b6150235a5125d8102b44.jpg