What's new

Center Options?

I personally don’t want to trade away any of the picks that the Jazz have in order to get a center. Some team will be looking to move a guy. Wait and capitalize on that. Get a pick back if you can. Conley or Beverley should be able to fetch a decent player in return.

Jazz should be able to get a veteran guy into TC on a minimum contract with the number of them still available in free agency.

We have 2 1st round picks at center + Vanderbilt who played center'ish role in Minny. I know people want to get someone like Ayton... and if he comes cheap.... OK lets do it. But do we really want to give up picks for players like... Poeltl? To me this is a waste.
If you're trying to be competitive

Here are scrap heap guys: Greg Monroe, Alex Len, Boogie, Enes Freedom, Bradley, Ed Davis, Favors after he is bought out, Willie Reed.

If you tank you give Kessler minutes... Vandy if he's still here... and you can go get like Nathan Knight or Jaylen Hoard and see if you find something interesting. You also may end up getting Powell/Plumlee/Ollynyk type guy in a trade and you can just give them the minutes.

I'm not opposed to giving up the worst of our 2023 picks for Poeltl if we are keeping Donovan and trying to make the playoffs. Could probably extend him too and if the price is right its a good asset.

If you tank you give Kessler minutes... Vandy if he's still here... and you can go get like Nathan Knight or Jaylen Hoard and see if you find something interesting. You also may end up getting Powell/Plumlee/Ollynyk type guy in a trade and you can just give them the minutes.

I'm not opposed to giving up the worst of our 2023 picks for Poeltl if we are keeping Donovan and trying to make the playoffs. Could probably extend him too and if the price is right its a good asset.
I'd just be hesitant to give up a pick for him tbh.

I mentioned Poeltl about a week and a half ago as a target for our TPE. I don’t really like that as an option anymore unless we’re trading for another piece. That was under the basis we got some win now wings in the Rudy deal like OG/Trent Jr.

Mitchell/Poeltl best case is a play-in team but they aren’t bad enough to be at the bottom of the league. Essentially right in the middle of the exact place we do not want to be.

I mentioned Poeltl about a week and a half ago as a target for our TPE. I don’t really like that as an option anymore unless we’re trading for another piece. That was under the basis we got some win now wings in the Rudy deal like OG/Trent Jr.

Mitchell/Poeltl best case is a play-in team but they aren’t bad enough to be at the bottom of the league. Essentially right in the middle of the exact place we do not want to be.
Agreed. I think you either have to commit to rebuilding or commit to making a playoff push.

Once we trade Don to the Heat we can just start Yurtseven.

Moses Brown seems like a decent buy low option. Would rather give him a shot in TC instead of getting a veteran retread or spending assets to get a starter. Even as a backup, he might be worth a flier.

Taking back Robinson/Lowry's money plus having to extend Herro would be an all time terrible return.
Except in damn near every time I have thrown it out I mentioned sending Herro elsewhere for draft capital. Duncan is a fine buy low candidate and can move him later if we want.

Except in damn near every time I have thrown it out I mentioned sending Herro elsewhere for draft capital. Duncan is a fine buy low candidate and can move him later if we want.
Duncan's contract looks like one of the worst in the NBA, they're desperate to move off of him and he wasn't even in their playoff rotation. If you think Don's defense is bad, oohhwee. He still has 3 yr/$50M on his deal too so you'd be eating up cap space for a dude that's mediocre.

Moses Brown seems like a decent buy low option. Would rather give him a shot in TC instead of getting a veteran retread or spending assets to get a starter. Even as a backup, he might be worth a flier.
I'd try to land Willie Reed from Philly but if we're tanking might as well let Kessler/Udoka hold it down

Duncan's contract looks like one of the worst in the NBA, they're desperate to move off of him and he wasn't even in their playoff rotation. If you think Don's defense is bad, oohhwee. He still has 3 yr/$50M on his deal too so you'd be eating up cap space for a dude that's mediocre.
It ain't that bad and it won't hurt us during the tank. He finds his stroke again and he can easily become an asset.