What's new

Center Options?

If Poetl signs an extension he’s a good option. He can’t get paid a ton, but if he inks a deal that’s easily a tradeable contract.

I honestly don’t really care who is the center. We should simply be looking for strong assets. The older guys (Conley, Bogey, Beverley, and Clarkson) should all be moved for younger pieces who won’t lose value.

As far as the on roster options. Vanderbilt is probably the best option. He was essentially MIN center last year.

Giving a guy a $90M extension then benching him in the playoffs is a major redflag. All reports about him have been that teams want additional assets to take on his contract.
The being pulled is what makes his contract look so bad, I am saying on most teams he would not have been.

And if that means there's even more incentive to toss in assets then great. Miami has to come correct if they are talking.

I would rather trade for Joe Harris than Robinson. I think you could get something from BKN (or LAL depending on Kyrie) for him. He’s probably out a lot of next year, but then he only has one year left. All you need is him to play for 20ish games and then you can trade him to a contender on a one year deal. I think we can trade Conley for a pick and Harris.

The being pulled is what makes his contract look so bad, I am saying on most teams he would not have been.

And if that means there's even more incentive to toss in assets then great. Miami has to come correct if they are talking.
His scoring numbers and efficiency also declined in the regular season. 4 yr/65M got a 10 ppg scorer on under 40% that doesn’t rebound, create for others, or defend.

Yeah, that’s gonna be a no from me dog.

He also didn’t shoot as well as normal… on a non playoff team his defense is less worrisome.

I would rather trade for Joe Harris than Robinson. I think you could get something from BKN (or LAL depending on Kyrie) for him. He’s probably out a lot of next year, but then he only has one year left. All you need is him to play for 20ish games and then you can trade him to a contender on a one year deal. I think we can trade Conley for a pick and Harris.
I don’t want Duncan… his contract is being discussed as it relates to a Donovan trade. If Duncan had to be the salary match it doesn’t bother me much. Ain’t like he’s Randle… he’s movable at that number if he needs to be.

His scoring numbers and efficiency also declined in the regular season. 4 yr/65M got a 10 ppg scorer on under 40% that doesn’t rebound, create for others, or defend.

Yeah, that’s gonna be a no from me dog.
It’s not ideal by any means but I would t be worried about it in a deal and I’m hoping to get more value because you take him in the Don deal… he could easily recover a good chunk of his value and he fits on every team. He’s the type of shooter that teams are terrified of… so even when he isn’t hitting or getting a ton of shots off he has an impact.

He’s a negative contract but he’s not a NEGATIVE contract.

It’s not ideal by any means but I would t be worried about it in a deal and I’m hoping to get more value because you take him in the Don deal… he could easily recover a good chunk of his value and he fits on every team. He’s the type of shooter that teams are terrified of… so even when he isn’t hitting or getting a ton of shots off he has an impact.

He’s a negative contract but he’s not a NEGATIVE contract.
If you're moving Don the goal is probably not to take on negative assets.

So how do you flip him for value? Trade him to another rebuilding team? Duncan is the type of contract you take on when you're getting assets back not the one you include to land a star.
How do you think? He shoots it better and his contract gets shorter… teams value shooting above so many other skills. The cap is also rising… it’s not ideal but it’s not a deal breaker at all. He’s still useful. This is the OKC model if we rebuild… take on a bad contract if you must… flip it later for a worse one and an asset. It isn’t rocket surgery.

If you're moving Don the goal is probably not to take on negative assets.
Ya think… what else do we get? That is why you do it… teams can’t manufacture a perfect package every time so sometimes ya take the best of bad options… I wouldn’t walk away from a deal because of Duncan’s contract. Ya good?

How do you think? He shoots it better and his contract gets shorter… teams value shooting above so many other skills. The cap is also rising… it’s not ideal but it’s not a deal breaker at all. He’s still useful. This is the OKC model if we rebuild… take on a bad contract if you must… flip it later for a worse one and an asset. It isn’t rocket surgery.
When the Thunder traded PG they got back Gallo who was a 20 ppg scorer at the time on an expiring, SGA, and 5 1st round picks. You can take on bad salary in a rebuild for draft assets but the Heat would be giving us distant 1st round picks, Herro, and Duncan's bad contract. Which isn't great especially considering Herro is due for an extension and is going to ask for $25M+ so you'd be committing to $40M+ for Herro/Robinson for the foreseeable future and late 1sts for Don. Sounds like a bad way to rebuild.

Ya think… what else do we get? That is why you do it… teams can’t manufacture a perfect package every time so sometimes ya take the best of bad options… I wouldn’t walk away from a deal because of Duncan’s contract. Ya good?
Don's only worth Duncan's bad contract, Herro on a near max, and late 1sts? Fire Danny immediately if that's the package he takes.

Poetl is just pie in the sky - don't see Pop trading him for Conley and trinkets. Udoka is better than Whiteside in my book - if he can stay healthy. Turner??? - I basically hate stretch fives unless they have exotic names like Mehmet Okur. Ayton - ding! ding! ding! We probably won't get him though because we come in kick the tires and then throw out some lowball offer. (Ayton is worth the max IMO if we really want to make the playoffs this season.) Which means we probably roll with Udoka and Kessler, which wouldn't be the worst thing for our future because they both have serious potential down the line, they play the right way and they kind of compliment each other in their play styles from a coaching perspective.

Poetl is just pie in the sky - don't see Pop trading him for Conley and trinkets. Udoka is better than Whiteside in my book - if he can stay healthy. Turner??? - I basically hate stretch fives unless they have exotic names like Mehmet Okur. Ayton - ding! ding! ding! We probably won't get him though because we come in kick the tires and then throw out some lowball offer. (Ayton is worth the max IMO if we really want to make the playoffs this season.) Which means we probably roll with Udoka and Kessler, which wouldn't be the worst thing for our future because they both have serious potential down the line, they play the right way and they kind of compliment each other in their play styles from a coaching perspective.
Poeltl is on an expiring deal, unlikely he reups in SA and they could be going full tank mode.

Best to wait and see what happens. Build up assets by flipping veteran players like Bogey, Beverley and Clarkson.

Might even be worth it to keep Conley/Gay instead of selling low and having an extra $30 million ($45 if you count Beasley’s team option) in expiring contracts to use in any deals next offseason.

Don's only worth Duncan's bad contract, Herro on a near max, and late 1sts? Fire Danny immediately if that's the package he takes.
You are effing dense bro… I’ve said it like 10 times… Herro goes to a different team for draft assets… you pick up their minimum dudes to send them to teams for value… that’s what makes that deal palatable. We also nab Jovic and all the pick swaps.

Don isn’t as good as PG… the Miami offer might be the best out there… I’d take it if the other pieces can be sold off… keeping Don means we go from a top 5 pick to a late lotto…

Is it The Godfather offer? Nope. Is it good enough to move on and not have a dumb treadmill season… prolly.

Best to wait and see what happens. Build up assets by flipping veteran players like Bogey, Beverley and Clarkson.

Might even be worth it to keep Conley/Gay instead of selling low and having an extra $30 million ($45 if you count Beasley’s team option) in expiring contracts to use in any deals next offseason.
We have $52M in expirings with NAW, Bogie, Beasley, and PB

Poeltl is on an expiring deal, unlikely he reups in SA and they could be going full tank mode.
Pop tanking? Not likely IMO. Yeah I'd do the deal if it were on the table and cheap only because Poetl is one of those guys that even though he isn't athletically gifted really competes!