What's new

Center Options?

I wonder if there’s a chance we just bring Whiteside back and roll with him, Dok and Kessler? He still hasn’t signed anywhere yet.

I know Whiteside has his stuff, but he was pretty good last year. I say we should choose between him or Cousins, or both of them. Might be tough on a first year coach, but I'm sure we could get both of them for cheap. They are still out there waiting for an offer. We could get both of them and still be under the cap. Ha ha. The head assistant coach would probably have to be a therapist.

Greg Monroe led the team in field goal percentage last season. I know it's a small small sample size but he would be an adequate fill in

If our goal next season is to remain
competitive, the current roster is simply not enough to take a spot in the West.Now is the best time for us to tank, we have three first round picks for next year and only need to tank for one year to finish retooling and regain competitiveness in the west.

Sent from my M2007J3SC using JazzFanz mobile app

Tank route:
WHITESIDE!!!

Competitive route... screw the budget:
Ayton

Competitive route... pour money into wings like Tobias Harris:
ARON BAYNES

Baynes is rumored to be coming back to the league. He was a starting quality center who can stretch the floor and brings toughness. I can't say he is a true rim protector but he checks a lot of boxes and shouldn't be too spendy.

Tank route:
WHITESIDE!!!

Competitive route... screw the budget:
Ayton

Competitive route... pour money into wings like Tobias Harris:
ARON BAYNES

Baynes is rumored to be coming back to the league. He was a starting quality center who can stretch the floor and brings toughness. I can't say he is a true rim protector but he checks a lot of boxes and shouldn't be too spendy.
does jock landale have an nba contract right now? he'd be my "tank, but low key has a chance to be pretty damn good" guy i'd like to see the jazz get. like a younger baynes.

poeltl shouldnt be in our list of considerations
whiteside played some good games last season
cousins should be a decent option
(crazy idea)dwight??
we should still be under the cap, right?
or maybe we should just settle down and wait for the improvement of the udoka

poeltl shouldnt be in our list of considerations
whiteside played some good games last season
cousins should be a decent option
(crazy idea)dwight??
we should still be under the cap, right?
or maybe we should just settle down and wait for the improvement of the udoka
Let's sign all of the centers, run with a 5-in to counter the 5-out. :D