What's new

Chad Ford: the Jazz consider Dante Exum their franchise player

This is a comment on society at large. As Americans we love to see folks fail more than we love to see them succeed. Somewhere along the way, people lost the the concept of being happy for our neighbors, for the members of our community, etc. We now have adopted the mantra of "if I can't have that, they can't either."
Please don't correct your poor spelling. It helps the rest of us to feel better when others fail.

Its a smart idea to have a 6-6 PG these days defensively. Too many great PGs this era has.

FixedFarawayBlueshark.gif

Rookie Dante Exum told Yahoo Sports that he is not only working on his strength, but also stopped eating junk food to improve his stamina. Yahoo! Sports -

Rookie Dante Exum told Yahoo Sports that he is not only working on his strength, but also stopped eating junk food to improve his stamina. Yahoo! Sports -

He was eating junk food?! Why did we draft this lazy junk food eating kid? That's it, I want my money back. We should have drafted Stoyowskuss.

^^^

And it doesn't even look like he's trying that hard.

Yeah, dude moves like Michael Jackson danced. I wonder if it belies his athleticism because the switch from first to second gear and his liftoffs are so damn effortless. There is no point where you can point to that shows WHERE the speed move takes place, it just does. . .

He was eating junk food?! Why did we draft this lazy junk food eating kid? That's it, I want my money back. We should have drafted Stoyowskuss.

I followed Elfrid Payton's twitter for a bit, that dude is obsessed with Sour Patch Kids.

his d is already pretty good. He can defend average nba players now. as 19 year old kid, that is impressive

Sent from the JazzFanz app

his d is already pretty good. He can defend average nba players now. as 19 year old kid, that is impressive

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Gets crushed on screens and gets crossed up fairly easily. His main defensive advantage so far has been PG's being used to Burke's lack of length then being surprised by Exum's length. He has made some nice defensive plays, but overall his defense has been below average (as expected for his age).

Dante's decision making might end up being his best attribute. Watching John Stockton all those years, I was always amazed at his decision making. I see some of that in Dante. He seems so cool under pressure, like the game is in slow motion...and the game hasn't even slowed down for him yet.

I can't say that I've seen Stockton in him yet. But I will never forget how one of the slowest guys on the court (Stockton) could draw a defense in with the game on the line and either pass to an open man, or make room to shoot it over a more athletic player. Still blows my mind to this day.