What's new

Clarkson Opts In

That’s a pleasant surprise! He’s either getting an extension or getting traded somewhere. I would guess an extension.

Little weird. I kinda hoped he would opt out and then re-sign or maybe do an opt in and renegotiate and extend... which is a little weird but Hollinger mentioned it. So instead of 14M this year we could give him like 24M this year and then take it down to like 14M the next two... he would get like 38M in new money for the two additional years. But the cap hit is $5M less. Maybe that is still the plan.

RIP Ochai as a starter...

Little weird. I kinda hoped he would opt out and then re-sign or maybe do an opt in and renegotiate and extend... which is a little weird but Hollinger mentioned it. So instead of 14M this year we could give him like 24M this year and then take it down to like 14M the next two... he would get like 38M in new money for the two additional years. But the cap hit is $5M less. Maybe that is still the plan.

I bet this is what happens. John Collins was our big FA addition.

I wouldnt be shocked if Clarkson was the starting PG next to Ochai.

Either way, I think the Jazz will make significant trade at some point this off-season.

I think his and THT's actions indicate you are right. Don't feel sorry for these two. I think they will be able to afford food.

I believe that puts us right about the salary floor which means that any potential moves that require us to use more cap space actually starts costing Ryan money.

I bet this is what happens. John Collins was our big FA addition.
Essentially gives him 3/$52M and front loads it... not too far off what I thought he'd make.

I just hope they don't give him 20% raises off of this number for like 3 years or something... then have like 11-12M in excess cap space to get a second or two... or just save Ryan some money.

I don’t think I can mentally handle waiting another few months for this season to start . Yaw hoo! Summer league will have to quench the thirst!! Welcome back JC! We have a dangerous group!!