What's new

College Basketball 16-17

Marquette Fr. PG (who was a Jr in HS last year) Markus Howard, who's generously listed at 5'11" is shooting a scorching 52% from 3 and 96% from the FT stripe. He's got 12-2-2-2stl at the half vsGeorgetown

The Johnnies pulled it off! Biggest win of Chris Mullins coaching career.

I was just going to ask you how long you thought Mullins' leash would be at St John's a few weeks ago....but then they demolished Syracuse and picked up this win. Clearly are improving. And he kind of cleaned house/is a legend anyway so I just assumed they would be willing to stick it out with him for quite awhile regardles.

I was just going to ask you how long you thought Mullins' leash would be at St John's a few weeks ago....but then they demolished Syracuse and picked up this win. Clearly are improving. And he kind of cleaned house/is a legend anyway so I just assumed they would be willing to stick it out with him for quite awhile regardles.

His leash is pretty long they definitely want him to recruit at-least the current HS Jr. class. The next few HS classes are very strong locally (NY/NJ) and they've put in a lot of early work extending over 35 scholarships already to So's and Jr's. They've got him going after BIG-TIME players. Mitch Richmond is on his staff..

There's a pair of HS so. guards who are as highly touted as they come -- Best teammates in NJ since Towns/Baldwin and Kyrie/MKG, who are good enough to make the dullest college coach look bright. If Mullins can somehow keep them local over the bluebloods it'd be a monumental success, he'll have turned the idea of keeping the best local kids together to create a powerhouse into a reality..

Shamorie Ponds the kid who led the charge last night (along with Bashir Ahmed - an NBA prospect) He's a bit of a local legend so if he's leading the charge that portends well for their recruiting. If he was alittle bigger I'd really be hyping him up. Smaller than Burke, better scorer tho IMHO. They were comparing him to Nick Van Exel (cuz he's a lefty) during the win but he reminds me a bit of shabazz Napier.

Last edited:
Baylor looks like a solid bet to get to 30-wins. It's early but this is an exemplary year for Jonathan Motley 'Improving in college'

The Johnnies also have Justin Simon a strong 6'5" G, former 5-star Arizona recruit transferring in next year and a Prezmek Karnowski sized 7-foot 4star lefty committed - Zach Brown who's got some post moves and some touch. Their current roster is all youngins too.

Oklahoma's getting absolutely steamrolled... This is a complete embarrassment. Lon has the concerned/exasperated Robin Williams look on his face.

Easy to be a great coach when you've got great players LOL. They need Trae Young(and more) in the worst way.

Signature win for Josh Pastner at Georgia Tech over #9 UNC! Duke goes down as well, despite great efforts from Kennard and Tatum.

Great competition so far today..

college basketball doesn't really start until conference play starts. familiarity breeds competitiveness and these big boys actually have to go play road games.

What a closing sequence in this final minute of Seton Hall-MArquette on FS1. 17 year old Markus Howard is balling in the 2nd half, the Pirates won't go away tho.

Purdue- Minnesota is going down to the wire too. Minnesota's PG is annihilating the guards of Purdue. Swanigan brings it to OT!!

LOL I laughed pretty hard after reading this, Goodman is a jackass... What type of ********/excuse/nonsense is this?

@GoodmanESPN 21h21 hours ago
Tyler Ennis leaving after one year has killed Syracuse. He would be a senior right now. Most thought he would play 4 years in college.

South Carolina guard Sindarius Thornwell was reinstated to the team Monday after missing the past six games because of an unspecified violation of athletic department policy.

I've seen a lot of ball in my years but never anyonewith an approach at the FT line like KSU Sr. D.J. Johnson

He slams the ball into the floor on his last dribble so it goes above his head and he quickly catches it on the way down and releases..72% tho..

Down goes #1 Nova !!! (The) Butler did it! Really helps St. John's resume. If the Johnnies can somehow beat Creighton here somehow they'll have built some real nice quality wins early.