What's new

Collin Sexton SZN

The argument was that his assists were mostly cheap assists and he wasn't setting anyone up... and its not true.

Its just a strange witch hunt some folks are on I guess. The numbers don't seem to back up almost anything some of the posters are saying. So @Elizah Huge was nice enough to dig up some video evidence.
Ahh, well I dont subscribe to the idea that his assist are cheap, or no cheaper than anyone else's. If you really dig into every player's assist, you will find some wonky *** things with how some things are counted as assist.

And I dont think it's that strange. We are in the beginning phase of a rebuild. We want to build a strong team, not one where a key cog (even if he doesnt have to a be a starter) is a 6'1 combo guard who has limited upside.

I’m going to work on making a highlight video of all of Sexton’s assists as a starter.

Thanks. The same people who are critical of sextons ability or lack thereof to set up teammates would be pointing clips just like these of conley and creaming their pants about how great he is at setting up teammates.

Let’s play name that player! Or which of these people would you cut?

PTSFG %REBASTSTLTOMINS

Let’s play name that player! Or which of these people would you cut?

PTSFG %REBASTSTLTOMINS
I'd rather watch the games. Basketball can't be analyzed from box scorers.

Definitely Sexton has improved as he is passing the ball now more than he ever did in the Cavs uniform. Conley is teaching him to be aware of the situations where he can create a higher percentage play by passing. I don’t think Sexton can find a better teacher than Conley, and time will tell how much he can develop his game in this regard. Here is a nice pass by Conley in the first sequence of this clip (I hope Sexton starts to make similar passes soon). (In the second sequence, the defenders think THT is driving to the rim, but he fools them and passes. Nice.)

View: https://youtu.be/vbmlsoOeMwk

Last edited:
Definitely Sexton has improved as he is passing the ball now more than he ever did in the Cavs uniform. Conley is teaching him to be aware of the situations where he can create a higher percentage play by passing. I don’t think Sexton can find a better teacher than Conley, and time will tell how much he can develop his game in this regard. Here is a nice pass by Conley in the first sequence of this clip (I hope Sexton starts to make similar passes soon). (In the second sequence, the defenders think THT is driving to the rim, but he fools them and passes. Nice.)

View: https://youtu.be/vbmlsoOeMwk

don't see the clip anywhere, but Sexton was quoted as saying one main positive of missing most of the season, was his intense hours and hours of film study. The opportunity to see the game from the bench watching others, and watching his own film, helped him immensely to improve his IQ for when he got back on the court. We are all a witness to this especially of late when he starts.

don't see the clip anywhere, but Sexton was quoted as saying one main positive of missing most of the season, was his intense hours and hours of film study. The opportunity to see the game from the bench watching others, and watching his own film, helped him immensely to improve his IQ for when he got back on the court. We are all a witness to this especially of late when he starts.
That's a great point. Sexton watched almost the entire season how Garland and Rubio (before he got injured) distributed the ball. Rubio especially is a great playmaker, and Garland is pretty good, too, although he started to do too much iso after the all-star break.

His assist percentage is lower and his turnover percentage is higher than it was in his last full season...