What's new

Collin Sexton SZN

His assist percentage is lower and his turnover percentage is higher than it was in his last full season...
We know you don’t like Sexton, but you shouldn’t mislead the folks here. In 2020-2021, when he played 60 games, he played 11 minutes more per game than this season. Also, since Conley’s injury (in 10 games), he has more assists per game than in 2020-2021, although still playing 6.5 minutes less per game. As far as the turnovers, he had 2.8 turnovers per game in 2020-2021, whereas this season he is averaging 1.8 turnovers per game. So you gave wrong info here.

We know you don’t like Sexton, but you shouldn’t mislead the folks here. In 2020-2021, when he played 60 games, he played 11 minutes more per game than this season. Also, since Conley’s injury (in 10 games), he has more assists per game than in 2020-2021, although still playing 6.5 minutes less per game. As far as the turnovers, he had 2.8 turnovers per game in 2020-2021, whereas this season he is averaging 1.8 turnovers per game. So you gave wrong info here.
I did not, I gave accurate info. Sorry you dont know what assist percentage or turnover percentage are.

I did not, I gave accurate info. Sorry you dont know what assist percentage or turnover percentage are.
Yes that poster understands context and situation. For you to assume they are not intelligent enough to understand a simple stat, makes yourself even less credible. It's no wonder you have such a hard time seeing facts vs. fiction and so sensitive about it. I am sure your creamed your jeans when you found out young Bull was hurt again.

You right, I overlooked the percentage values. But looking at his assist and TO numbers after Conley's injury (10 games), he's improving. He is not Conley type of player, and his playmaking numbers in the past have been bad, but I'm pretty sure he'll get better. How much, who knows.

Yes that poster understands context and situation. For you to assume they are not intelligent enough to understand a simple stat, makes yourself even less credible. It's no wonder you have such a hard time seeing facts vs. fiction and so sensitive about it. I am sure your creamed your jeans when you found out young Bull was hurt again.
I'm sure you fantasize about my creamed pants.

It's not a take, it's a fact.
But Eddie Zero is right though. You are mostly comparing apples and oranges when you compare Sexton’s 2020-2021 season and his current season with your stats. After Conley’s injury, Hardy put him in the starting lineup, and for the first time, gave him the same role he played with the Cavs that season. And right away his assists numbers improved. Now the real question of course is, to what degree he can continue with it. Your post looked to me just another unsuccessful attempt to criticize Sexton. And based on your takes here, it seems you want to trade him away already. I think it's too early to see what his place will be with the Jazz. So far he’s looked to me like he’d be most efficient coming off the bench. And what I like about this kid is that he is clearly willing to learn.

I'm sure you fantasize about my creamed pants

But Eddie Zero is right though. You are mostly comparing apples and oranges when you compare Sexton’s 2020-2021 season and his current season with your stats. After Conley’s injury, Hardy put him in the starting lineup, and for the first time, gave him the same role he played with the Cavs that season. And right away his assists numbers improved. Now the real question of course is, to what degree he can continue with it. Your post looked to me just another unsuccessful attempt to criticize Sexton. And based on your takes here, it seems you want to trade him away already. I think it's too early to see what his place will be with the Jazz. So far he’s looked to me like he’d be most efficient coming off the bench. And what I like about this kid is that he is clearly willing to learn.
I mean all stats are good for ,are contract negotiations anyway. Sexton already is on a fair contract for a 6 even if he never throws a single dime and he is and a steal for a starter thats buying in.
He will be a starter on this roster as time goes on, unless the injuries start stacking up, and they have to release him or they draft someone a lot better.
He really is not the ideal 6 either though imo unless both your starting guards are bigger and better defenders. He almost has to be the starting point guard on this roster as is. Otherwise the idea to move him in a trade, to a team that has a 2 way switch easy point, that Sexton can feast playing off of ,either in the starting 5 or as a 6 will be the sell that maybe gets the Jazz a decent return for him this summer. Or I guess they can try to draft one of those bigger point guards, unlikely though.

I mean all stats are good for ,are contract negotiations anyway. Sexton already is on a fair contract for a 6 even if he never throws a single dime and he is and a steal for a starter thats buying in.
He will be a starter on this roster as time goes on, unless the injuries start stacking up, and they have to release him or they draft someone a lot better.
He really is not the ideal 6 either though imo unless both your starting guards are bigger and better defenders. He almost has to be the starting point guard on this roster as is. Otherwise the idea to move him in a trade, to a team that has a 2 way switch easy point, that Sexton can feast playing off of ,either in the starting 5 or as a 6 will be the sell that maybe gets the Jazz a decent return for him this summer. Or I guess they can try to draft one of those bigger point guards, unlikely though.
When the Jazz are actually competing for a ring Sexton probably won't even be on the team.

Now that is take, and a hot one.

Based on age, contract and development history, its fair to argue he is the 3rd most likely player to be on the team after Lauri and Kessler.
If it turns out he's not a starter here and another team offers him that role, he'll absolutely be gone. Not likely, though.

as if the negotiation to get him to Utah on far less than he is worth didn't include starter guarantees once healthy lol
Far less than he is worth??? LOL.

The Cavs had absolutely no takers for him. None. The NBA as a whole didn't want to pay Sexton $20 million per year. Teams saw him as a $12 mil bench guy.

The Cavs had absolutely no takers for him. None. The NBA as a whole didn't want to pay Sexton $20 million per year. Teams saw him as a $12 mil bench guy.
Dude was damaged goods coming off knee surgery which is why Ainge got him on that contract. After the Lonzo situation no team is going to touch a player coming off that type injury until he proves he's healthy.

According to the rumors last summer there were teams such as Dallas and the Lakers that wanted him but they were tax paying teams. Lux tax teams can't do sign and trade deals per the CBA. Cuban had to finally send out a tweet to the Mavs fans explaining that fact to them.

How is it that you cannot understand value now being better than what it was this summer? Your takes are gradeschool

I’m really hoping Sexton comes back for his revenge game against Cleveland. I miss watching him play. We could have used him tonight.
is he available ? I am guessing he won't be and it will all be PR smiles and fist bumps , but I would much rather have seen him fully healthy and making them eat it. Instead I am hoping its Marky that drops 40 on them