What's new

Conley (according to source) to re-sign 3 years 60 mil

Prove it.
This is a couple of years old, so the dates are off, but:
The Free Agency Moratorium is a negotiation period from Aug. 2-6 in which teams may not sign most free agents or make trades. Starting at 6 p.m. ET on Aug. 2, teams may negotiate deals with free agents. However, those players cannot officially sign until 12:01 p.m. on Aug. 6.

Any deals struck during the moratorium period are characterized as agreements, but do not count toward team salary and are not binding for the player or team. Either side can back out in this situation — a scenario that took place in 2015 when DeAndre Jordan reneged on his verbal agreement with the Dallas Mavericks to instead re-sign with the then-incumbent LA Clippers.
Nowhere does it say these agreements cannot be discussed. It happens literally every year.

This is a much better deal if it is true. It would be amazing if the 3 year was only partially guaranteed. Unlikely but one can dream.

seeing what cp3 did last season at 36-37? conley a spring chicken compared to cp3, not as crafty, but mike is worth that price.

Conley has great genes - his father was doing crazy world class athletic **** well into his 30s. So no doubt he can still perform at a high level throughoutthe length of his contract. .

Unfortunately it ain't worth a damn if he's always having some nagging injury which keep him out for indeterminate lengths of time.

This is a couple of years old, so the dates are off, but:

Nowhere does it say these agreements cannot be discussed. It happens literally every year.
Starting August 2nd, these things can be discussed but not finalized.

And yes, it does happen every year, that’s HH’s point. Only when it gets wildly flagrant does anyone get nicked, like the Bogdan trade last year.

To quote the great philosopher Marcellus Wallace, “**** pride.”

If Conley feels even the slightest fatigue/potential oncoming strain in his hammies, he needs to notify the staff and sit. We have Butler now baby!
One thing I learned within the past month or so is that Marcellus Wallace is the voice of Arby’s.

We should probably amend the title as ‘Rumor’ until we get more clarification.

One thing I learned within the past month or so is that Marcellus Wallace is the voice of Arby’s.

He could only go on so long as a gangster. Supplementing his income in some way was a necessary move on his part.

That would be a nice contract if those are the numbers. It would leave us some money to sign some another player.

And beyond this I still can't believe we signed Clarkson for 12M a season even after he balled out for us. Now that's a ****ing steal.

According to some of the Jazz beat writers the sources are rock solid.

We'll see I guess.
It may sound like nothing more than a semantical issue, but I think the distinction is important.

Jazz writers haven't said anything about the source(s) (to my knowledge), they've only chimed in to say that the journalist is a legit journalist. The Jazz writers may not know the source(s) that the journalist used.

Legit journalists sometimes turn out to be wrong (though obviously I'm putting a lot more weight in something coming from this journalist than if it was from some relatively unknown writer).

That would be a nice contract if those are the numbers. It would leave us some money to sign some another player.

And beyond this I still can't believe we signed Clarkson for 12M a season even after he balled out for us. Now that's a ****ing steal.
I don't think it leaves us any more money to sign more players (in free agency). All it does, I believe, is reduce the luxury tax cost overall and/or make it easier financially to consider using a trade exception.

20M a year for Conley is about as good as we could hope for. The 3 years 75 million dollar rumor is what I was preparing for, so saving 5 mill a year, although doesn't seem to help us with our salary cap situation, is much better, especially if it ever comes to a situation where the Jazz need to trade him.

I just hope Mike takes care of his body. Healthy Mike last season was a huge asset and totally worth 20 million. Gimpy Mike....not so much