What's new

Conley (according to source) to re-sign 3 years 60 mil

Mitchell must have something against playing the point because 3 more years of Conley is too many… If DM doesn’t have a problem with playing the point then 20 million for a backup point-guard is too much and we have a favors situation again next year. Trying to offload an oft injured overpaid player that nobody has much use for. I’m good with giving Conley two years, but 3 years guaranteed scares me.
I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for a sign and trade or for a 2 year contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell must have something against playing the point because 3 more years of Conley is too many… If DM doesn’t have a problem with playing the point then 20 million for a backup point-guard is too much and we have a favors situation again next year. Trying to offload an oft injured overpaid player that nobody has much use for. I’m good with giving Conley two years, but 3 years guaranteed scares me.
I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for a sign and trade or for a 2 year contract.

Or maybe Conley is just a really good ****ing player? This isn’t that complicated dude.

Or maybe Conley is just a really good ****ing player? This isn’t that complicated dude.

I don’t think it’s that complicated either, but the Jazz continue to **** it up. Conley is unreliable and his best years are behind him dude.

This is a couple of years old, so the dates are off, but:

Nowhere does it say these agreements cannot be discussed. It happens literally every year.
Yes… but the moratorium hasn’t started yet… the teams are supposed to start discussions tomorrow starting at like 6PM. That’s why deals are officially announced until then. Just because it happens doesn’t mean it’s supposed to happen. I just mentioned that we don’t even pretend it’s an issue anymore. The Bogdon sign and trade deal was announced last year before FA opened up and it caused issues. They can’t really control it or enforce it but they’ve basically stopped pretending it’s something they are supposed to hide.

Pretty wild. I'd imagine if Utah wanted to trade him they could get a similar package for him that they used to get him.

I don’t think it’s that complicated either, but the Jazz continue to **** it up. Conley is unreliable and his best years are behind him dude.

He literally just had his best season (aside from the bad health ending)

He literally just had his best season (aside from the bad health ending)

He didn’t have a high in one single statistical category… so by what measure? The fact he was an all star? We all know that was pretty controversial and I’m not sure very many people know why that happened. He was fine last year when he managed to play, but he’s not getting any younger.

If the 3 at 60 mil is true that's should be a good sign
Conley believes he can win a ring with Jazz in next three years and
he's willing to take a lot less to do it

He didn’t have a high in one single statistical category… so by what measure? The fact he was an all star? We all know that was pretty controversial and I’m not sure very many people know why that happened. He was fine last year when he managed to play, but he’s not getting any younger.

IT was his best 3pt shooting sesaon by far. I was probably wrong when I said overall best, but it was definitely a top 3 or 4 season for him and he shows no signs of falling off.

IT was his best 3pt shooting sesaon by far. I was probably wrong when I said overall best, but it was definitely a top 3 or 4 season for him and he shows no signs of falling off.
No you were right in the first place. Its just his minutes were less. If you look at his per 36 numbers he averaged more assists last year than any other of his 14 seasons.
He averaged the second most points of any of his 14 seasons. It was a career high in rebounds. 4th highest shooting percentage. 3rd highest free throw percentage. #1 highest 3 point percentage (on the most attempts by far). 4th highest steals.
Last season was the best season of his career if you take into account that he played less minutes per game.
Oh and it was his best playoffs of his career as well.

When conley was healthy last year he was at his absolute best. Regular season and playoffs.
Health is his concern. Not his ability to play when he is on the court.

Besides missing a significant amount of games… Obviously I disagree but whatever.

Besides his legs falling off his body.
He had a hamstring strain. They are worrisome, but it's not the same as tearing your ACL. It shouldnt affect his overall quality of play going forward, but of course the Jazz should monitor him for reoccurring injury concerns.

If I’m not being clear, the Jazz should keep Conley, especially at this number, and do everything they can to have him in tip-top shape for the playoffs. That will require some serious diligence on having him sit games but this ish ain’t about the regular season anymore.

If I’m not being clear, the Jazz should keep Conley, especially at this number, and do everything they can to have him in tip-top shape for the playoffs. That will require some serious diligence on having him sit games but this ish ain’t about the regular season anymore.
Yep, load manage and ride Jared Butler. Hoping to see Butler during summer league and see big things.