What's new

Conley hamstringing again

I know it doesn't have to mean anything, but I just keep thinking about how upbeat Conley was after the last game in the Memphis series. He didn't seem like a guy who expected to miss major time in a legit championship run.

Hopefully it means everything and he will play.

He won’t play game one. No way. I bet he plays game 3. Can we beat the clips without him??

I think we can but it would go 7.

He won’t play game one. No way. I bet he plays game 3. Can we beat the clips without him??

I think we can but it would go 7.
If we don't, this series is over, because Utah isn't going to come back from an 0-2 hole. Yeah, yeah, LAC did it last series. But the Jazz isn't the Mavs. So, hopefully he's back by game two - and if not, hopefully the Jazz win both games at home.

The jazz can whoop anyone if they are hitting their threes. So, yeah, I think that if we get hot and stretch them out we can win 4 out of 5 games regardless of the start. Having said that, I hope we start out 2 - 0 and THEN Conley comes back to finish them off in game 3 or 4 in LA.

Questionable is better than I thought it would be.

If he plays, one has to wonder how effective he’ll be and how many mins he can play without re-injuring it? This is bad because it seems like this is becoming a consistent issue. Wasn’t it his hammy last year? And earlier this year? At some point…

If he plays, one has to wonder how effective he’ll be and how many mins he can play without re-injuring it? This is bad because it seems like this is becoming a consistent issue. Wasn’t it his hammy last year? And earlier this year? At some point…
It’s true. He hasn’t played more than 5 games in a row since feb 5.

Feels like it's a chronic thing with him at this point, unfortunately.

Feels like it's a chronic thing with him at this point, unfortunately.
I’m puzzled by what might be the underlying cause(s) of chronic hamstring issues. I’d wager it has something to do with his hips.... But it’s strange that he and all the professionals charged with managing this issue can’t get it all to a better place. And that makes me wonder if “degenerative” isn’t a better word than “chronic.”

Conley should hire an external staff to assist his rehab - it worked wonders for Mitchell.

Jazz sat Donovan on a mostly healthy ankle so I 100% think they are going to do the same with Conley.

Hopefully Ingles steps up and fills the huge hole Conley leaves.

If we don't, this series is over, because Utah isn't going to come back from an 0-2 hole. Yeah, yeah, LAC did it last series. But the Jazz isn't the Mavs. So, hopefully he's back by game two - and if not, hopefully the Jazz win both games at home.
They don’t absolutely need Conley to win one of the first two games in Utah. The jazz won’t go down 0-2 with or without Conley. Book it.

They don’t absolutely need Conley to win one of the first two games in Utah. The jazz won’t go down 0-2 with or without Conley. Book it.
I don't think they do, either. But I also don't think splitting these home games is going to be much better.

My gut is telling me if Utah splits these two home games we're going to have a similar series to 2017, where it's a wacky mix of inconsistent wins and a failure to close them out a game or two early, meaning this series goes seven.

Conley’s hamstring being okay is the stuff dreams are made of.

Gonna need peak Donovan and Joe and we shouldn’t expect Conley coming back for some time.

Conley’s hamstring being okay is the stuff dreams are made of.

Gonna need peak Donovan and Joe and we shouldn’t expect Conley coming back for some time.
At some point the risk/reward will shift and he will play. Down 0-1 would be that point imo. If we can win tonight you can justify holding Mike out until Game 4 imo. Up 2-1 or down 1-2 with about 2 weeks of rest sounds doable.

I think we either win in 7 or lose in 6 and a lot has to do with tonight's game and then Mike's long term availability. Hopefully all those bullets Joe has been saving can all come out tonight.

Based on Quin's comments, anyone hoping to see Conley any time soon is probably going to be disappointed. It pretty much sounded like they're hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Based on Quin's comments, anyone hoping to see Conley any time soon is probably going to be disappointed. It pretty much sounded like they're hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
Nah Conley will be back in no time. He's got a great medical staff in the world working 'round the clock with him on his recovery.

These are the same guys that misdiagnosed Mitchell's ankle injury so badly that he went and hired an external team after his week-to-week status turned into next to no progress after a month. And the same guys that waited 3 months before recommending Bojan get wrist surgery after last season got suspended. And the same guys that cleared and then uncleared Mitchell and then cleared him again 10 hours later.

You gotta trust them.