Conley hamstringing again

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
He's questionable - not doubtful. Although my guess is - he won't play. Especially since we won Game 1.
His hamstring will get better once we lose a game. With injuries like this I don’t think they have a great read on risk of reinjury until they give it a full go. At some point he will want to dive in and try it.

NUMBERICA

So apparently Bojan and Royce do a great job on Kawhi and George Paul, so maybe there are some benefits to not starting Mike (I did not say the benefits outweigh detriments).

All things considered, I think it makes a ton of sense to have Conley strictly spell Mitchell whenever they decide they want to test Mike on the floor.

I don’t have much hope that Conley will be able to last through the playoffs without getting sat (if we’re relying on him heavily as a rule). I’d much rather find a middle-road that keeps Mike healthy.

MT Steve

Contributor
So apparently Bojan and Royce do a great job on Kawhi and George Paul, so maybe there are some benefits to not starting Mike (I did not say the benefits outweigh detriments).

All things considered, I think it makes a ton of sense to have Conley strictly spell Mitchell whenever they decide they want to test Mike on the floor.

I don’t have much hope that Conley will be able to last through the playoffs without getting sat (if we’re relying on him heavily as a rule). I’d much rather find a middle-road that keeps Mike healthy.
I'm down with bringing Conley off the bench for a few games when he returns in this series, just to let the Gobert/Conley lineups cook while also keeping his minutes low.

jazzfan1971

I have decided that I'm ok with Conley sitting out this series. We don't need him that badly in this series. We will need him vs. CP3 and Kyrie though. Let him focus on resting for the next round and the other guys can carry his load for this one.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
That's just not how they do it. Not sure why it's so ingrained, but it is.
He's a Starter and Starters have to, you know, start. Regardless of minutes restrictions, team chemistry, matchups, maximizing talent, or any other so-called "valid" reason. Starters gotta start.

I still think last year we would have been better had Conley been coming off the bench. Ingles was stellar in his starts and we were winning. That game when they said Conley would come off the bench then someone over-rode that decision at the last second really threw us off our mojo at that time. But there was no going back.

So it ain't happening now.