Conley hamstringing again

Max Porter

I really think Don's banged up more than we know. If he were 100% I'd feel more confident we could pull it off without Conley. As it a stands, I really think we lose without Mike. With him, short of losing Don ( or heaven forbid Rudy) I think we win. Conley will probably need a game or two to get his legs back as well once he does get back.
I think you’re right that Donovan is banged up but wrong about us losing without Conley. If we can go up 2-1 without Conley we can win this series without Conley as well...but it will take 7 games to do it and we lose game 4 and 6.

The Thriller

If Conley does not play game 4 I'm just guessing Jazz are very confident they can win both home games remaining
If the Jazz are planning on winning this in 7 games then they’re dumb and absolutely deserve losing. We need to go for the kill shot not **** around. I get that Kawhi isn’t the most dominant player ever, but he is a two time Finals MVP. **** around in a series with him and you’re probably going to regret it.

The Thriller

I think you’re right that Donovan is banged up but wrong about us losing without Conley. If we can go up 2-1 without Conley we can win this series without Conley as well...but it will take 7 games to do it and we lose game 4 and 6.
I disagree. I think the Clippers are figuring out the Jazz and we desperately need Conley back. Jazz fans are acting too arrogant thinking they can eliminate the Clippers with only 2 out of 3 of their all stars playing.

Max Porter

If the Jazz are planning on winning this in 7 games then they’re dumb and absolutely deserve losing. We need to go for the kill shot not **** around. I get that Kawhi isn’t the most dominant player ever, but he is a two time Finals MVP. **** around in a series with him and you’re probably going to regret it.
Well no one plans on winning in 7 and everyone plans on sweeping. What I’m saying is what I think will happen if Conley can’t play. If Conley can’t play I think it goes 7 and I think the jazz still win by a hair.

LoPo

We should've just sat him the whole first round so that he'd be good to go for this series.
We would have lost the first round series without Donovan. We lost Game 1, and it seems that Conley's hamstring was barely holding on as is. Without Conley and Don, we would have faded vs Memphis and probably lost the series Game 6.

I hope we get Conley back soon. Would be nice to not have to run Don into the ground to win this series.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Revolution 9

Staff member
I hope we dont resign him.

His missed too much time in both seasons with us. Seems like we can better allocate the money he will demand.

White Chocolate

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I hope we dont resign him.

His missed too much time in both seasons with us. Seems like we can better allocate the money he will demand.

Unfortunately that’s not how this works. Even without his salary on the books we have around 130M in guaranteed salary for next year. The salary cap is expected to be around 106M and the luxury tax 136M. We won’t be able to sign anyone besides using the MLE if Conley walks. It is in our best interest to re-sign him and go into the tax so we retain as asset.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Unfortunately that’s not how this works. Even without his salary on the books we have around 130M in guaranteed salary for next year. The salary cap is expected to be around 106M and the luxury tax 136M. We won’t be able to sign anyone besides using the MLE if Conley walks. It is in our best interest to re-sign him and go into the tax so we retain as asset.
We are stuck... can't do a sign and trade either. Not that he's a bad guy to be stuck with.

I expect them to try very hard to retain Mike. If they make moves it will be with other guys that are already under contract.

Why wouldn't we want him back? He proved this season he works. Health is sometimes a matter of luck but vets are what win at the highest levels in this league... they can also sometimes decline or get hurt. Just have to manage it better if possible. It sucks but every team is dealing with injuries... some more that others.