What's new

Conley hamstringing again

If the Jazz are planning on winning this in 7 games then they’re dumb and absolutely deserve losing. We need to go for the kill shot not **** around. I get that Kawhi isn’t the most dominant player ever, but he is a two time Finals MVP. **** around in a series with him and you’re probably going to regret it.
Well no one plans on winning in 7 and everyone plans on sweeping. What I’m saying is what I think will happen if Conley can’t play. If Conley can’t play I think it goes 7 and I think the jazz still win by a hair.

We should've just sat him the whole first round so that he'd be good to go for this series.
We would have lost the first round series without Donovan. We lost Game 1, and it seems that Conley's hamstring was barely holding on as is. Without Conley and Don, we would have faded vs Memphis and probably lost the series Game 6.

I hope we get Conley back soon. Would be nice to not have to run Don into the ground to win this series.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I hope we dont resign him.

His missed too much time in both seasons with us. Seems like we can better allocate the money he will demand.

I hope we dont resign him.

His missed too much time in both seasons with us. Seems like we can better allocate the money he will demand.

Unfortunately that’s not how this works. Even without his salary on the books we have around 130M in guaranteed salary for next year. The salary cap is expected to be around 106M and the luxury tax 136M. We won’t be able to sign anyone besides using the MLE if Conley walks. It is in our best interest to re-sign him and go into the tax so we retain as asset.

Unfortunately that’s not how this works. Even without his salary on the books we have around 130M in guaranteed salary for next year. The salary cap is expected to be around 106M and the luxury tax 136M. We won’t be able to sign anyone besides using the MLE if Conley walks. It is in our best interest to re-sign him and go into the tax so we retain as asset.
We are stuck... can't do a sign and trade either. Not that he's a bad guy to be stuck with.

I expect them to try very hard to retain Mike. If they make moves it will be with other guys that are already under contract.

Why wouldn't we want him back? He proved this season he works. Health is sometimes a matter of luck but vets are what win at the highest levels in this league... they can also sometimes decline or get hurt. Just have to manage it better if possible. It sucks but every team is dealing with injuries... some more that others.

What’s the point of having Conley if he’s going to miss the playoffs? We’re going to lose this series because our backcourt isn’t healthy.

****ing hell, dudes.
Wtf are the Conley fanboys? They’ve always been pretty ****ing mute on the subject of his durability and how that figures into the success or failure of this trade.

So if we retain Conley next year, but only if we bleed other assets, then we get to put those assets on the list of assets we burned to get Conley in the first place, right? Yes we do.

So, either the list gets longer. Or, the Conley era is just about to be over.

It seems clear to me that Conley’s performance in THESE PLAYOFFS likely determines the success of the trade. Let’s see it.

I think he plays game 5 but I am definitely in the camp of questioning if it makes sense to resign him.

We’ll now have been down an all star for 5 of 9 games. And this isn’t just limited to us, most of the playoff teams are banged up from the head of the snake down. No matter who wins our series, Phoenix has had a remarkably fortunate path to the conf finals, and they look incredibly poised to take advantage.