What's new

Conley hamstringing again

lol @ people drawing conclusions off of the obvious tweet.

Even in the game he returns, he'll be listed as questionable the day before.

I agree with Numby that something fishy is going on. Just hypothetically, say the Jazz are thinking that they can beat the Clippers without Mike, but the Suns are another story. They need Mike to play Chris Paul. He knows him well and has faced him many times during his career. Maybe the Jazz are gambling and want to make sure Mike is ready for the Suns. Is this crazy to imagine, or what?
I feel like I’m a pretty practical person and I don’t think that’s crazy at all because A) he’s been labeled as questionable since game one of this series. B) the jazz were extra cautious with Donovan despite his own doctor saying he’s ok to play.

If Conley does not play game 4 I'm just guessing Jazz are very confident they can win both home games remaining
I think they can and will win both home games and I do think it will go 7 IF Conley is out this series.

lol @ people drawing conclusions off of the obvious tweet.

Even in the game he returns, he'll be listed as questionable the day before.
You think so?
Was Donovan listed as questionable the day before game 2 against the grizzlies? I can't remember

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You think so?
Was Donovan listed as questionable the day before game 2 against the grizzlies? I can't remember

lol no they removed him from the injury report entirely 10 hours after the game ended.

Because according to our medical staff, he needed 10 more hours to recover from a 6 week injury.

You think so?

If we've been holding Conley out until we lose, then we're doing this somewhat strategically. Keeping him listed as questionable would be part of that decision. This then changes to "game-time decision." If he sits, then either they weren't holding him out as precaution, or they're getting cute and thinking we have a lot of slack and can afford to be tied 2-2. I do think we're dumb enough for the latter, so I'm not going to freak out if he sits (freak out about him being physically compromised, that is... plenty of freak out for if we're being stupid). If we're tied 2-2 and he sits game 5, then it's serious.

We have shown zero reasons that would lead to thinking we can win this series without Conley. Clippers were within striking both games we won until the last minute. One or two things swing their way and they'd be up. We, on the other hand were blown out. If Mike can go and isn't it's just asinine. If he misses games five and six, we lose this series and the Conley trade officially becomes a bust.

We have shown zero reasons that would lead to thinking we can win this series without Conley. Clippers were within striking both games we won until the last minute. One or two things swing their way and they'd be up. We, on the other hand were blown out. If Mike can go and isn't it's just asinine. If he misses games five and six, we lose this series and the Conley trade officially becomes a bust.

We were hitting our 3s last game, a few things go our way and we're also right in the game. Final score doesn't always dictate how the game went overall.

I think we lose game 4 but win game 5..after that is up to the basketball gods...who are ***holes

I'd lean on predicting a loss if Conley is out the whole series (I'd have to see how game four goes, tho) but yeah, the Jazz has already proven they can win at home and I really think that crowd helps immensely. My only concern would be, without Conley, we've not won emphatically at home and I could see us dropping game five if the Clippers blow us out tomorrow. Then we could be looking at a situation where we lose game six in Los Angeles.

Hopefully we pull out the win tomorrow, tho.

I really think Don's banged up more than we know. If he were 100% I'd feel more confident we could pull it off without Conley. As it a stands, I really think we lose without Mike. With him, short of losing Don ( or heaven forbid Rudy) I think we win. Conley will probably need a game or two to get his legs back as well once he does get back.

I really think Don's banged up more than we know. If he were 100% I'd feel more confident we could pull it off without Conley. As it a stands, I really think we lose without Mike. With him, short of losing Don ( or heaven forbid Rudy) I think we win. Conley will probably need a game or two to get his legs back as well once he does get back.
I think you’re right that Donovan is banged up but wrong about us losing without Conley. If we can go up 2-1 without Conley we can win this series without Conley as well...but it will take 7 games to do it and we lose game 4 and 6.

If Conley does not play game 4 I'm just guessing Jazz are very confident they can win both home games remaining
If the Jazz are planning on winning this in 7 games then they’re dumb and absolutely deserve losing. We need to go for the kill shot not **** around. I get that Kawhi isn’t the most dominant player ever, but he is a two time Finals MVP. **** around in a series with him and you’re probably going to regret it.

I think you’re right that Donovan is banged up but wrong about us losing without Conley. If we can go up 2-1 without Conley we can win this series without Conley as well...but it will take 7 games to do it and we lose game 4 and 6.
I disagree. I think the Clippers are figuring out the Jazz and we desperately need Conley back. Jazz fans are acting too arrogant thinking they can eliminate the Clippers with only 2 out of 3 of their all stars playing.