What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Conley hamstringing again

Saint Cy of JFC

Conley or no Conley, the Jazz still have to show up defensively to win the game.

Show up on defense
Limit turnovers
Get 50+ 3 point attempts
Control glass on both ends

Obviously a lot of these things are harder without Conley, but they can still be done.

Dont play Miye Oni any minutes (what a giant disappointment he has been). Play Gobert at least 40 minutes. Try Trent Forrest (Jazz desperately need another ball-handler, just for the purpose of bringing the ball up the court against pressure so our main players dont get worn out by the likes of Patrick Beverly hounding them).

Inject everyone with Jordan Clarkson vibes. Just shoot the damn ball when you're open, live with the results, and have the memory of a goldfish.

Saint Cy of JFC

You also probably have to trust that Niang has more to give than what he showed Game 3. The Jazz need his shooting and his decision making. Tell him to take less risk and make the rights reads, shoot when open, don't force in traffic passes to Gobert.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Conley or no Conley, the Jazz still have to show up defensively to win the game.

Show up on defense
Limit turnovers
Get 50+ 3 point attempts
Control glass on both ends

Obviously a lot of these things are harder without Conley, but they can still be done.

Dont play Miye Oni any minutes (what a giant disappointment he has been). Play Gobert at least 40 minutes. Try Trent Forrest (Jazz desperately need another ball-handler, just for the purpose of bringing the ball up the court against pressure so our main players dont get worn out by the likes of Patrick Beverly hounding them).

Inject everyone with Jordan Clarkson vibes. Just shoot the damn ball when you're open, live with the results, and have the memory of a goldfish.
You know it's been proven that goldfish can remember things for at least 30 days. Especially their last miss on a three-pointer.

Saint Cy of JFC

If we lose this series AND Conley doesn’t play a single game in it, we should not resign Conley period. I love his game but this our best chance at winning a chip. We can’t have our star point guard out with this much on the line
lmfao. And sign who?

The Jazz clearly need a player who can handle a heavy playmaking load next to Mitchell.

It's hilarious how vindicated I've been about needing a PG next to Mitchell. Seeing the Jazz with Conley down is great at times, but it can be easily schemed for and if Mitchell isnt in super human mode, the offense gets ugly.

Saint Cy of JFC

I fully expect Kawhi to absolutely roast the Jazz tonight. I think the first two games where him just learning how our defense was going to play him and now he's in full terminator mode.

Got to make PG and Reggie Jackson feel pressure on shots and hope they miss, especially Jackson. Jazz cant have another game of Jackson burying them from deep.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Holy ****, the responses in this thread are laughable.

We are sitting at 130M in guaranteed salary without Conley and the luxury tax is 136M.

We need to bring him back or we just lose an asset we can’t make up. There is no one else to sign.

Also, again with the trade bs. We traded Grayson Allen, Jae Crowder and picks for Conley. Considering our recent history with draft picks drafting guys like Azubuike ahead of wings who can defend and shoot you guys are sure confident. Crowder left Miami for Phoenix after making the Finals. What makes you think he’d be here right now?

We wouldn’t be in this position without Mike and it is blatantly obvious we are a better team with him.

We can win tonight and go back to Utah with a 3-1 lead. Hell, imagine winning the series without him and having him fresh for Phoenix. That would be awesome.

jumpin bean

They think think they can win without Conley, we shall see, They must want him fresh to chase around Paul and Payne,but if we dont get through this series Conley will just be chasin his tail this Summer

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Holy ****, the responses in this thread are laughable.

We are sitting at 130M in guaranteed salary without Conley and the luxury tax is 136M.

We need to bring him back or we just lose an asset we can’t make up. There is no one else to sign.

Also, again with the trade bs. We traded Grayson Allen, Jae Crowder and picks for Conley. Considering our recent history with draft picks drafting guys like Azubuike ahead of wings who can defend and shoot you guys are sure confident. Crowder left Miami for Phoenix after making the Finals. What makes you think he’d be here right now?

We wouldn’t be in this position without Mike and it is blatantly obvious we are a better team with him.

We can win tonight and go back to Utah with a 3-1 lead. Hell, imagine winning the series without him and having him fresh for Phoenix. That would be awesome.
I don't think people get it at all. If we make changes they need to come with the players under contract... not with Mike. Bring Mike back at any reasonable price that gets it done. Then you move Bogey, JC, Favs to make the budget work... or maybe Ryan will bite the bullet since we've been so good this year. We can't even do a sign and trade because we will be over the apron.

We will have exceptions but we might be able to lure a ring chasing 7/8th man for the minimum... we've had some success and should get some of those perks.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I don't think people get it at all. If we make changes they need to come with the players under contract... not with Mike. Bring Mike back at any reasonable price that gets it done. Then you move Bogey, JC, Favs to make the budget work... or maybe Ryan will bite the bullet since we've been so good this year. We can't even do a sign and trade because we will be over the apron.

We will have exceptions but we might be able to lure a ring chasing 7/8th man for the minimum... we've had some success and should get some of those perks.

It’s a very common misconception with fans. They think you can spend whatever money that player was making on someone else.

This series is far from over. The absolute worst case scenario after tonight is we are tied 2-2 going back to Utah.

The one thing that I can’t wrap my head around is, is two days going to make that big of a difference for Conley? Is there some magic number? I don’t get it.

NUMBERICA

I fully expect Kawhi to absolutely roast the Jazz tonight. I think the first two games where him just learning how our defense was going to play him and now he's in full terminator mode.

Got to make PG and Reggie Jackson feel pressure on shots and hope they miss, especially Jackson. Jazz cant have another game of Jackson burying them from deep.
Well here's the other thing to remember; Marcus Morris has been *** all series and I don't see why that will necessarily continue.