What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

7 deep now, with guys like Neto/Niang playable at the end of a rotation. Really just need 1 more guy. Hope we can get them on the MLE, but every team hopes that.

Could see buying into the early 2nd from either ATL or PHI (please Grant Williams drop).

I am not great with the cap, but it looks to me that if we waive all bird rights, don't pick up Favors, Neto and Niang we will have 19,120,132 to a single FA or 20,017,290 to split across two FA. Can anyone confirm this number?

Conley 32,511,623
Rudy 25,008,427
Ingles 11,954,546
Exum 9,600,000
Mitchell 3,635,760
Bradley 1,962,360
O'Neale 1,618,520
Min contract 897,158
Min contract 897,158
Min contract 897,158
Min contract 897,158
Free Agent 19,120,132
Total 109,000,000

I hope O'Neale gets his dinner tab picked up a lot this year.

Why do people want picks this year so bad? The odds of drafting someone who can help are minuscule to none.

We need bench help. The draft won’t give us that.
Because we have like... 10 players under contract. We need to fill that roster somehow and draft picks are cheap way to do it.

Why do people want picks this year so bad? The odds of drafting someone who can help are minuscule to none.

We need bench help. The draft won’t give us that.
Because there will be players taken in the 2nd round this year that end up really solid NBA players. It's a pretty deep draft with medium level talent. There will be players fall to the 40s that were projected in some mocks as early 20s picks. There's a lot of variance there.

Reading around general NBA boards and it's probably about 85/15 in terms of the Jazz winning this deal. Most fans don't think a lot of Korver/Crowder (having been traded so many times) and Allen (professional tripper) and that the picks won't really be that good.

In Memphis' defense, they had to do something, but maybe this was truly the best deal they could do right now with a team like Boston not wanting to commit that salary ahead of FA.

If they can buy into the late 1st or early 2nd round to get a guy they like the pick that went to Memphis essentially becomes cash considerations.

Then why Jazz did better vs Houston with Favors at 5? I love Rudy, don't get me wrong, but he is playing in wrong era.

Gobert is more athletic than Marc Gasol ……… big difference is Snyder has Gobert dropping back in the paint instead of jumping out like Gasol did against GS. Gasol jumped out yet could slide back to protect the rim .Snyder can take some lessons there

If they can buy into the late 1st or early 2nd round to get a guy they like the pick that went to Memphis essentially becomes cash considerations.

Agreed. And this is why future 1sts don't bother me much. An early second is nearly as good as a late 1st, and picks can be bought if necessary (we've done it before). The only way we're missing the playoffs is if two of Rudy, Conley, and/or DM go down. If so, there are protections in place for a while.

People keep talking about Conley like he's a 20+ ppg guy. He WAS, and now we have to hope he still will be. However, the dude will be 32 years old when the season starts and has had injuries in his career. His production could drop off quick.

He's only one year older than Curry... Is Curry old or not prolific then?