What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

They didn't avoid including Favors like the plague to release him. Favors is here to stay. Locke has been celebrating Favors not being included in the deal almost as much as he's celebrating acquiring Conley. We didn't keep Favors to let him go.
Keeping Favors out of the trade means that worst case scenario you have Favors on the team, but best case you can upgrade. So I would think that whether he is on the team next year or not depends on what else is available with his $17 million.

So essentially the Jazz gave up 3 picks if you count Allen as a pick. I really liked how he improved at the end of the year. I am seriously going to scream if Conley walks after a year. It would have been nice to get a 2nd back in the deal. Welcome to Conley. Why do the Jazz always have to include picks when they trade? I don't see other teams giving away first round picks.

You just miss the lakers give up like 40 first round picks to the pelicans for ad?

Can't let Favors go because your all defense center is almost unplayable in certain matchups.

Rudy is not a difference maker in today's NBA unless he learns how to shoot and develops any kind of post game.

Gobert is a bigtime difference maker …….without him Jazz are a 30 win team as Snyder as proven time after time he can't coach a win without Gobert playing.With Gobert playing Jazz are 50 win team adding Conley ,hopefully DM keeps getting better, and you have a contender. Betting here Favors and Exum are main rotation players for the Jazz this year.

Keeping Favors out of the trade means that worst case scenario you have Favors on the team, but best case you can upgrade. So I would think that whether he is on the team next year or not depends on what else is available with his $17 million.
True... I don't see a player who would take 17M from us and the FO would think is upgrade over Favors. And no... for the Mirotic fans here, Mirotic is not a player that will make the FO release Favors. Not even close.

Kevin Love, Jabari Parker, Nikola Mirotic, Jamychal Green, Aminu, Harrison Barnes, Rudy Gay, Bjelica, etc. are all available and attainable if we're willing to move on from Favors. There are only two guys on that list that I'm not sure if they're a better option than him.. and even then it's more of a wash.

Gonna have to fix it. Given his injury history and never really proven himself jazz would be crazy to go into season with Exum as first gaurd off the bench.
Tons of guys we can put there. Payton and Caruso, to name a couple.

Kevin Love, Jabari Parker, Nikola Mirotic, Jamychal Green, Aminu, Harrison Barnes, Rudy Gay, Bjelica, etc. are all available and attainable if we're willing to move on from Favors. There are only two guys on that list that I'm not sure if they're a better option than him.. and even then it's more of a wash.

None of those will make the FO release/trade Favors. At least I don't think so...

Basically, if all were healthy, this would be our playoff rotation:

Conley
Mitchell
Ingles
Favors
Gobert

Exum
O'Neale
Niang
Bradley
Neto

No doubt that second unit is not up to par and needs some chlorine. Hoping we can try and add a couple solid vets to get ten deep and in a good position for a run.

Basically, if all were healthy, this would be our playoff rotation:

Conley
Mitchell
Ingles
Favors
Gobert

Exum
O'Neale
Niang
Bradley
Neto

No doubt that second unit is not up to par and needs some chlorine. Hoping we can try and add a couple solid vets to get ten deep and in a good position for a run.
In my opinion this team will do nothing without some added outside shooting from the bench and the forward/center position.

They didn't avoid including Favors like the plague to release him. Favors is here to stay. Locke has been celebrating Favors not being included in the deal almost as much as he's celebrating acquiring Conley. We didn't keep Favors to let him go.
Favors isn’t going anywhere. Jazz still need to add more to this team though.

Conley, Mitchell, O’Neale/Jingles, Favors and Gobert is a great starting lineup - but there’s no bench help. They need to fill out the bench now.

The Jazz need to continue to be aggressive this offseason. They have a two year window to contend before it’s time to try something different.

Use some future 2nd round picks and cash to move up in the draft for a player who can help add depth to the bench.

Use the Room Exception and minimum contracts effectively to fill some of the holes that losing Crowder, Korver, Sefalosha and Udoh will create.

Consider additional trades with Bradley and Exum - especially sign and trade possibilities for a free agent or two.