What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

Exum and Favors for love works.

So does Exum and Favors for Porter. This really interests me. Maybe the Bulls would do it since Porter is expiring. Let’s see who they draft I guess.
It’s a move that can put us over the top for sure (many would disagree — among them, most importantly, the FO). But aside from that, there’s a vast sea of attainable options that significantly improve us but we’re going to stick to this with ****ing blinders on and tunnel vision.

I still think it's worth it to waive Favors and try to re-sign him. I want somebody to make a realistic list of teams who will pick up his $17.7 million expiring contract on waivers.

What teams have the space, and would be interested in claiming Favs?

Kings, possibly Lakers if they cant get another max space, Dallas, Clippers if they dont land a big name, NYK since they need to get to min and fill out the roster he could also be good trade bait for them at the deadline, Brooklyn if they strike out on other FAs, Hawks to bring their hometown player back and fill out the roster in another tanking year.

I am sure I am in the minority, but I think I would have rather taken Chris Paul + 1 or 2 1st Round Picks (as was the rumor of Houston trying to shed Paul's deal) than getting Conley and have to surrender 2 first round picks and 3 players. With Paul, even though his contract is massive and he is older, there would no longer be a revolving door of PGs. Paul is better than Conley, has been a mentor to Mitchell, and is locked in for the next 3 seasons. Conley's deal next season is not much less than Paul's and he can opt out after 1 year. I would rather have a HOFer, more picks (Utah's + Houston's), and Crowder and/or Allen still on the roster than just Conley.

It’s a move that can put us over the top for sure (many would disagree — among them, most importantly, the FO). But aside from that, there’s a vast sea of attainable options that significantly improve us but we’re going to stick to this with ****ing blinders on and tunnel vision.

Maybe for now. But if we start 30-15 and are seemingly a piece away, I think Xanax will pull the trigger on getting a “final piece.”

Maybe for now. But if we start 30-15 and are seemingly a piece away, I think Xanax will pull the trigger on getting a “final piece.”
And if by that point Love is healthy and putting up 20/10?

I still think it's worth it to waive Favors and try to re-sign him. I want somebody to make a realistic list of teams who will pick up his $17.7 million expiring contract on waivers.
Keep in mind that as someone pointed out, if we do that we lose his Bird rights and therefore can't go over the cap to re-sign him. That puts a serious limit to his salary ($12 million? I forget) which someone else might well beat, even if that team were not interested in picking him up at the $18 million level.

Favors is going to get paid more than that by another team. Look at the boat that Dallas is about to offer Horford.

Favors would probably get a bit less than what Capela got last year, about $15m per year. But less than Capela's 5 years. Favors would probably get 3 year under a similar structure/salary- 3 years $42-45m

Clint Capela signed a 5 year / $90,000,000 contract with the Houston Rockets, including $80,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $18,000,000. In 2018-19, Capela will earn a base salary of $13,793,103 and a incentive bonus of $1,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $15,293,103 and a dead cap value of $90,000,000.

So you’re saying we should do it now?
Yes. I think we could nab him for Favors + DedEx. Especially when we’re sure DedEx duds (after another 4 years of patience), we’ll wish we had something else. Kevin Love gives us a good shot at a title. I wouldn’t ball at that because of irrational love for Favors and DedEx, and I’m willing to swallow that contract with our chances of a title in the next 2-3 years.

Toronto didn’t sit pat with Kawhi. They went out and got Gasol’s corpse, too.

I am sure I am in the minority, but I think I would have rather taken Chris Paul + 1 or 2 1st Round Picks (as was the rumor of Houston trying to shed Paul's deal) than getting Conley and have to surrender 2 first round picks and 3 players. With Paul, even though his contract is massive and he is older, there would no longer be a revolving door of PGs. Paul is better than Conley, has been a mentor to Mitchell, and is locked in for the next 3 seasons. Conley's deal next season is not much less than Paul's and he can opt out after 1 year. I would rather have a HOFer, more picks (Utah's + Houston's), and Crowder and/or Allen still on the roster than just Conley.

Dude you're not in the minority there

You're completely on your own, adrift at sea on a flimsy raft, destined to die a slow thirsty painful death and then have your carcass attacked by sea birds

When I read through the quotes around the league (Now posted!), 90% of NBA fans think this was a big, bold, and effective move by the Jazz.

Yes. I think we could nab him for Favors + DedEx. Especially when we’re sure DedEx duds (after another 4 years of patience), we’ll wish we had something else. Kevin Love gives us a good shot at a title. I wouldn’t ball at that because of irrational love for Favors and DedEx, and I’m willing to swallow that contract with our chances of a title in the next 2-3 years.

i'm all for doing that to get Love. I think he'd be super good for us.

I’m down for it.

We’d be thin with just O’Neale as a legit bench option. How could we fill out the roster?

i'm all for doing that to get Love. I think he'd be super good for us.
It’s sitting there waiting for us. Not only a huge missed opportunity, we don’t even view it as an opportunity.

I’m down for it.

We’d be thin with just O’Neale as a legit bench option. How could we fill out the roster?
Use the exception on DMC. Sign Vince Carter (a title in his record setting season?), bring back Booker on a minimum deal, other vets will sign for minimum with that team. Just need to drop the DedEx/Favors worship.