What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

Holy ****, Conley has never been assessed a technical foul.

Tbh, I don’t really like that. Sometimes you need that fire and anger. Maybe he doesn’t have it? Trading Crowder...sounds like the Jazz might need a hype man/enforcer guy for a vet minimum.

Any names anyone?

Tbh, I don’t really like that. Sometimes you need that fire and anger. Maybe he doesn’t have it? Trading Crowder...sounds like the Jazz might need a hype man/enforcer guy for a vet minimum.

Any names anyone?
br_araujo_350.jpg

No Hoffa, no pain.
Know Hoffa, know pain.

Any names anyone?
DeMarre Carroll

In Conley’s case, I like it. Dude has respect and confidence.

Fair enough. In a leader it doesn’t bother me as much. Jazz still need the kind of guy I mentioned though. Liked your mention of Carroll. Obvious Jazz ties as well.

Gotta admit I was a bit anti-Conley after the rumor at the deadline of him not wanting to be traded to Utah. Seems like that was either false or he's changed his mind and accepted it as a great opportunity. We've got a core of pretty amazing players and personalities in Donovan, Rudy, Joe and Mike and Royce off the bench. You could add Derrick to that group, but I think he'll be waived or traded so Lindsey can improve our depth. Going to miss him if that's the case.

But very excited to see Conley already working out with Donovan. Going to be fun to watch them together. October can't come fast enough!

Any names anyone?

Jared Dudley

Gotta admit I was a bit anti-Conley after the rumor at the deadline of him not wanting to be traded to Utah. Seems like that was either false or he's changed his mind and accepted it as a great opportunity. We've got a core of pretty amazing players and personalities in Donovan, Rudy, Joe and Mike and Royce off the bench. You could add Derrick to that group, but I think he'll be waived or traded so Lindsey can improve our depth. Going to miss him if that's the case.

But very excited to see Conley already working out with Donovan. Going to be fun to watch them together. October can't come fast enough!

In the original context he was never against playing in Utah specifically, it was that he would have preferred to not be in the Western Conference. Probably because he actually wants to be an all star. Once all of the changes happen, I'm not sure it will matter anymore.

In the original context he was never against playing in Utah specifically, it was that he would have preferred to not be in the Western Conference. Probably because he actually wants to be an all star. Once all of the changes happen, I'm not sure it will matter anymore.
None of that was confirmed to have come out of Conley's mouth.

But I'm not at all surprised that @Jack Strop took it and ran to the most butthurt conclusions possible.

I am in disbelief with all of the negative things I'm seeing from Jazzfanz about Conley and the trade that we made for him. It makes me seriously wonder how many Jazzfanz on this site pay attention to players and teams outside of the Utah Jazz. What we gave up for Conley was in our favor and executed correctly (for once). I see so many discontent comments from fanz regarding the trade for Conley that were the same fanz that praised the AWFUL trade for Kyle Korver. I don't get how a true Jazz fan looks down and talks smack about the trade for Conley, after watching their team get to playoffs, only to get tossed in the first or second round year after year after year because of lacking a true court general in our PG position.
Conley has a steep contract, but every proven elite player in the league does. I have also seen posts talking about his contract when he has never been selected as an all-star. He has led a talent depleted Grizzlies team into the playoffs more than once and if he had a better cast around him he would've had more success. The award races are a joke half the time, and I would rather have a guy who got snubbed from all star selection, than a guy that had it handed to him any day of the week.
Donovan deserved Rookie of the Year and lost it to a guy who can't even shoot a 3 pointer in a 3 point style offense.
Rudy Gobert was snubbed from the All Star team too, don't forget that.
Conley's a lock-down defender, who can distribute and shoot the 3. He has one of the lowest turnover to usage rates in the NBA. For those of you that can't remember the past decade of playoff basketball and how this guy was putting his Grizzlies team in the playoffs year after year (even when they were projected to not be in the playoffs), ya'll need to do some research and watch his game-play and not just look at his stats. His stats are good, but he's the guy that does the valuable things that don't make it to a stat sheet. He's a floor general, and for once we have one!
And if your argument is that he once said he didn't want to get traded to Utah your an idiot. Of course he said that. He was trying to not move his family out of the only city he has ever known as an NBA player. What do you expect? He was thinking about his family when he said that. He's here and if your not excited about it, you need an exorcism and a baby powder back hand pimpslap.

None of that was confirmed to have come out of Conley's mouth.

But I'm not at all surprised that @Jack Strop took it and ran to the most butthurt conclusions possible.
That's why I said rumor. And a lot of people on here were "butthurt" and anti-Conley when that was reported to be what he said.

So, I've admitted it must have been false, or who knows, maybe he did say he didn't want to be traded to Utah, but the context was he just didn't want to be traded ANYWHERE last year. He wanted to stay in Memphis.

Clearly, his statements and actions prove he has nothing against Utah. Proves he is nothing but a class act by complimenting Memphis on the way out - unlike a weasel who couldn't thank anyone when he left. Yep, still hate Hayward. Not butt hurt, sorry, I don't live and die with sports that way. Just genuinely dislike him. Kind of like my feelings for you. You're just a dislikeable person.

And in a separate post, I actually complimented Lindsey for pulling the trigger. And right or wrong, he stuck to his guns by not giving up Exum which was allegedly the sticking point at the deadline. Drafting Exum is Lindsey's legacy for "tanking." He's the one player Utah couldn't have gotten had Dennis "retooled" with FA's instead of going rebuild by stripping the team down to it's studs.

Last edited:
I am in disbelief with all of the negative things I'm seeing from Jazzfanz about Conley and the trade that we made for him. It makes me seriously wonder how many Jazzfanz on this site pay attention to players and teams outside of the Utah Jazz. What we gave up for Conley was in our favor and executed correctly (for once). I see so many discontent comments from fanz regarding the trade for Conley that were the same fanz that praised the AWFUL trade for Kyle Korver. I don't get how a true Jazz fan looks down and talks smack about the trade for Conley, after watching their team get to playoffs, only to get tossed in the first or second round year after year after year because of lacking a true court general in our PG position.
Conley has a steep contract, but every proven elite player in the league does. I have also seen posts talking about his contract when he has never been selected as an all-star. He has led a talent depleted Grizzlies team into the playoffs more than once and if he had a better cast around him he would've had more success. The award races are a joke half the time, and I would rather have a guy who got snubbed from all star selection, than a guy that had it handed to him any day of the week.
Donovan deserved Rookie of the Year and lost it to a guy who can't even shoot a 3 pointer in a 3 point style offense.
Rudy Gobert was snubbed from the All Star team too, don't forget that.
Conley's a lock-down defender, who can distribute and shoot the 3. He has one of the lowest turnover to usage rates in the NBA. For those of you that can't remember the past decade of playoff basketball and how this guy was putting his Grizzlies team in the playoffs year after year (even when they were projected to not be in the playoffs), ya'll need to do some research and watch his game-play and not just look at his stats. His stats are good, but he's the guy that does the valuable things that don't make it to a stat sheet. He's a floor general, and for once we have one!
And if your argument is that he once said he didn't want to get traded to Utah your an idiot. Of course he said that. He was trying to not move his family out of the only city he has ever known as an NBA player. What do you expect? He was thinking about his family when he said that. He's here and if your not excited about it, you need an exorcism and a baby powder back hand pimpslap.

Can you summarise this post plz ??i started reading it but it was so full on non stop waffle I got bored and lost interest. TIA