Conley Officially a Jazzman

Jack Strop

Another explication is the the Jazz offered Exum and Memphis declined so Utah ponied up another first.

But who knows.
Is Exum potentially better than a pick in the mid-to-late 20's?
Is Favors more valuable to the Jazz than Crowder?

I think those are the two questions to be answered because the trade as I heard it didn't happen at the deadline becAUSE Memphis wanted Exum.
In this iteration, the Jazz kept Exum and because Rubio could no longer be included, were able to fit the trade using cap space by including Jay and Grayson instead. Korver is really a non-factor as he may have retired anyway.

I appear to be in the minority, but I'm all in on keeping Favors...unless Harris wants to come our way.
I also believe Exum can be better than any draft pick we're giving up, either this year at 23 or in a couple of seasons in the 20's. Of course the danger would be to convey the pick after a season of multiple injuries have put it in the lottery, just when it loses restrictions.

Now the true work begins in convincing a couple of quality players to sign with the Jazz for the room exception and for vet minimum amounts. I could see Udoh and Thabo perhaps coming back on vet minimum deals. Need a shooter with the $4.7M. Not sure who we could pick up with the TPE.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
It is unlikely we risk it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

I'm just not sold on a $17+ million market for Favors. You got Horford, Cousins, Portis, Looney, Ariza, Mirotic, Lopez, Lopez, Gasol, Gasol, Noah, Morris, Morris, Kanter, Davis, Vonleh, Vucevic, Dedmon, Chandler, Chandler, Gay, Millsap, Green, and other guys out there. And you want to give Favors $17+? C'mon man.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Bruh those aren’t all centers and many aren’t nearly the same quality... you named a lot of names... congrats...

Also I don’t want to pay Favs that... I’m in the camp that says we should waive him and move on... you are arguing a weird third scenario that ain’t happening.

Honestly I think a trade of Favs into someone’s space is more reasonable. Like say Atlanta or Boston would trade a second for him once we guarantee his salary. That way they bypass the waiver process.

Also Favs is worth 17M... just not here. As a starter in Boston... that’s a super solid deal.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner

Come on... don’t tell me we can’t use that. His contract is the only thing that makes him attainable.

Zombie

Bruh those aren’t all centers and many aren’t nearly the same quality... you named a lot of names... congrats...

Also I don’t want to pay Favs that... I’m in the camp that says we should waive him and move on... you are arguing a weird third scenario that ain’t happening.

Honestly I think a trade of Favs into someone’s space is more reasonable. Like say Atlanta or Boston would trade a second for him once we guarantee his salary. That way they bypass the waiver process.

Also Favs is worth 17M... just not here. As a starter in Boston... that’s a super solid deal.
Thank you. Favors contract only exceeds his value here because we have Gobert. It's continually mind blowing to me how undervalued he still is among a fandom that by now should really know better.

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
I'm quite sad that a Delly+Love for Exum+Favors trade wouldn't work salary wise. But yes we are a better team with Love.

No we are not. Because Love will be watching a suit and tie. Like Exum he’s made of cracked glass.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

Come on... don’t tell me we can’t use that. His contract is the only thing that makes him attainable.

He was playing center in all those clips... so now we know... all along you wanted us to get Love... tell the troof you want Love bad.

mdalby

Wow, I just that the second 1st round pick going to Memphis is most likely to be the 2022 draft.

That is a big deal.