What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

The two waiver days don’t start until after the moratorium but whatevs man...
No, the waive happens within the moratorium but can't be complete until moratorium is over. So we could waive him on July 4 with the hope that he clears on July 6 right when moratorium lifts. http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q105

Sure it's a risk, but one worth taking. I still don't see a team begging to give Favors $17.7 million for one season. That's a ridiculous amount for a 4th or 5th best starter on a short term deal.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Your arguments against Favs in those places are ***... you can’t just say they won’t go for him... why? Cuz it fits your idea. I could absolutely see the Celtics who just had two marquee free agents bolt pick up Favs for their center spot... they were rumored to want Capela... get favs for free on a one year deal is better. If the clips miss on the big boys they won’t go for long term salary on guys like Tobias... they will wait a year... so Favs makes a ton of sense.

The idea is delusional but sure I bet we are the only team that will offer the 12M and the front office is totally gonna risk losing him and being stuck with nothing but leftovers in the bargain bin and 17M in cap space.

They will waive him or keep him... I’d bet super large sums of money on it.
It is unlikely we risk it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

I'm just not sold on a $17+ million market for Favors. You got Horford, Cousins, Portis, Looney, Ariza, Mirotic, Lopez, Lopez, Gasol, Gasol, Noah, Morris, Morris, Kanter, Davis, Vonleh, Vucevic, Dedmon, Chandler, Chandler, Gay, Millsap, Green, and other guys out there. And you want to give Favors $17+? C'mon man.

Sure. For the 2019 and 2020 championships. Don't say it couldn't happen.

That could happen. I dont see Love helping to do that more than someone for a fraction of the price. I also dont think having experience of winning 1 championship helps with another team win one. Especially since averaged 8 points per game in the finals series. He was a non factor in them winning.

That could happen. I dont see Love helping to do that more than someone for a fraction of the price. I also dont think having experience of winning 1 championship helps with another team win one. Especially since averaged 8 points per game in the finals series. He was a non factor in them winning.

In last years Finals he averaged close to 20-10 in four games against the Warriors.

In last years Finals he averaged close to 20-10 in four games against the Warriors.
Hmm interesting, so he puts up decent stats and they lost. He was a non factor and they won. How many games has he missed in the playoffs and finals the past few years?

Wait how accurate is this?

Jazz could have not given up the second first rounder and kept the mid level if they added Exum to the trade but preferred to keep Exum? My god, is it delusion at this point, or is he absolutely amazing in the gym or something and they just can’t help giving him more chances?

I would’ve thought just giving up that contract for free would be good. I sure hope Exum has an awesome year, even though there’s no evidence it will happen.

Of course this dude could just be full of ****/making up the story to fit a bunch of different rumors.

No, the waive happens within the moratorium but can't be complete until moratorium is over. So we could waive him on July 4 with the hope that he clears on July 6 right when moratorium lifts. http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q105

Sure it's a risk, but one worth taking. I still don't see a team begging to give Favors $17.7 million for one season. That's a ridiculous amount for a 4th or 5th best starter on a short term deal.

Fine... u got me there... but it still won’t happen. We structured the deal almost perfectly to fit Favs in at his current number.

It ain’t happening and it’s for good reason.

Wait how accurate is this?

Jazz could have not given up the second first rounder and kept the mid level if they added Exum to the trade but preferred to keep Exum? My god, is it delusion at this point, or is he absolutely amazing in the gym or something and they just can’t help giving him more chances?

I would’ve thought just giving up that contract for free would be good. I sure hope Exum has an awesome year, even though there’s no evidence it will happen.

Of course this dude could just be full of ****/making up the story to fit a bunch of different rumors.

Another explication is the the Jazz offered Exum and Memphis declined so Utah ponied up another first.

But who knows.

Another explication is the the Jazz offered Exum and Memphis declined so Utah ponied up another first.

But who knows.
Is Exum potentially better than a pick in the mid-to-late 20's?
Is Favors more valuable to the Jazz than Crowder?

I think those are the two questions to be answered because the trade as I heard it didn't happen at the deadline becAUSE Memphis wanted Exum.
In this iteration, the Jazz kept Exum and because Rubio could no longer be included, were able to fit the trade using cap space by including Jay and Grayson instead. Korver is really a non-factor as he may have retired anyway.

I appear to be in the minority, but I'm all in on keeping Favors...unless Harris wants to come our way.
I also believe Exum can be better than any draft pick we're giving up, either this year at 23 or in a couple of seasons in the 20's. Of course the danger would be to convey the pick after a season of multiple injuries have put it in the lottery, just when it loses restrictions.

Now the true work begins in convincing a couple of quality players to sign with the Jazz for the room exception and for vet minimum amounts. I could see Udoh and Thabo perhaps coming back on vet minimum deals. Need a shooter with the $4.7M. Not sure who we could pick up with the TPE.

It is unlikely we risk it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

I'm just not sold on a $17+ million market for Favors. You got Horford, Cousins, Portis, Looney, Ariza, Mirotic, Lopez, Lopez, Gasol, Gasol, Noah, Morris, Morris, Kanter, Davis, Vonleh, Vucevic, Dedmon, Chandler, Chandler, Gay, Millsap, Green, and other guys out there. And you want to give Favors $17+? C'mon man.

Bruh those aren’t all centers and many aren’t nearly the same quality... you named a lot of names... congrats...

Also I don’t want to pay Favs that... I’m in the camp that says we should waive him and move on... you are arguing a weird third scenario that ain’t happening.

Honestly I think a trade of Favs into someone’s space is more reasonable. Like say Atlanta or Boston would trade a second for him once we guarantee his salary. That way they bypass the waiver process.

Also Favs is worth 17M... just not here. As a starter in Boston... that’s a super solid deal.