What's new

Conley staying

then again. Curry, Harden, Luka, CP3, Westbrook, Murray, Trade Young, Kemba, Morant, Brogdon, Fox, Ben Simmons, Lowry, Irving, Lillard, Vanvleet, Jrue, Bledsoe, Ricky, Dragic. Just tell me who how you rate Conley over any of these guys. he's around 17-18th on this list of starting PGs, that makes him a below average starter in a 30 team league. not hard
I don't keep tack too carefully of the NBA, but I know Harden is not a PG and was on the same team as Westbrook last season.

I don't keep tack too carefully of the NBA, but I know Harden is not a PG and was on the same team as Westbrook last season.

Nitpicking aside the general point jom is making is that there are a lot of pg in the league better than Conley and we have a great young player in Mitchell that can play the point well. That’s why many want Conley traded. He is a serviceable role player but I think the jazz would be better off with a serviceable role player in a different position.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Harden is a PG where he's the most effective. That's why they got rid of CP3. No point of putting 2 PGs on the same team where there is only one ball. Its also why Russ wants out of Houston to be in a place where he can be the primary ball handler. And if we keep Conley in the starting lineup, so will Donovan.

Even if you take out harden from this list, there are still a good 15-18 PGs in this league that are just better and would start over Conley

Nitpicking aside the general point jom is making is that there are a lot of pg in the league better than Conley and we have a great young player in Mitchell that can play the point well. That’s why many want Conley traded. He is a serviceable role player but I think the jazz would be better off with a serviceable role player in a different position.

For Conly to be below average, there needs to be at least 18 better point guards. If you create a list of 20 people, and a handful aren't even point guards, you have not proven that point.

The Jazz might be better off with a really good player in a different position, but few of the suggested trades are for really good players.

Harden is a PG where he's the most effective. That's why they got rid of CP3. No point of putting 2 PGs on the same team where there is only one ball. Its also why Russ wants out of Houston to be in a place where he can be the primary ball handler. And if we keep Conley in the starting lineup, so will Donovan.

Even if you take out harden from this list, there are still a good 15-18 PGs in this league that are just better and would start over Conley
For at least a couple on the list (Simmons comes to mind), it would depend on the team. Further, since you slipped one SG on that list, how do I know there aren't 3 more?

There are 30 teams meaning 30 starting spots for PG. So if there are 15 PGs in this league that are better and would start over you that makes you a below average starter by definition.
Unless there is a tier of about 10 or so, in the 10-20 range, where being in the correct situation means more than the talent level. For our team, Conley is a better starter than Simmons.

Conley is washed up but always so squeaky clean cashing our cheques at the bank, thanks DL you idiot

For Conly to be below average, there needs to be at least 18 better point guards. If you create a list of 20 people, and a handful aren't even point guards, you have not proven that point.

The Jazz might be better off with a really good player in a different position, but few of the suggested trades are for really good players.

Hold the brakes buddy....I am not trying to prove a point just explaining what I thought jom meant and I think you are looking way too deep into a fraction of what the actual point is. Acid trip... lol. Conley is not a bad player and while in Memphis was really good. IDGAF who was on Joms list TBH. I just want Conley traded. Admit we got catfished and move on to better.

True there is little out there as far as adequate compensation for what we gave up for Conley I still think there is compensation out there for what we currently have in him considering he is worth nowhere near what we gave up for him. Any return is gonna be a loss more than likely in comparison with what we gave up in the Conley deal but still worth more than the man himself.

If he isn't planning on staying I don't know why we delay the move of DM to pg. His contract coming off the books is nice but we lose him and a year for nothing is silly. We are almost surely not trading him though.... I get the sense it isn't even a consideration unless some other GM pursues it hard.

The only news here is that he won't be doing the re-structure and extend deal that some thought was a consideration.

Maybe because DM is far from ready to be a PG on a playoff team. Just look how he did down stretch of first round series. Yes he scored but he made mistakes PGs don't make. Donovan a pure scorer so when you have him running pg and setting others up he is not very good. Mitchell needs to keep running the 2 for a few more years while gaining experience. He had costly turnovers time after time this past year when he was running PG. Jamal Murray isn't a PG either and makes mistakes that Monte Morris does not but Murray works at PG for them because their offense flows through Joker. So if we ran offense through say Ingles at the 3, then yes Spida can run pG but having him run offer se and expecting him to get others involved is a recipe for Lottery but hey I been on record saying Good chance Jazz miss playoffs this year so for me having him run PG and taking the lumps with it could pay off down the road. The west is going be so tough and I just don't seeDM and RG being able to carry a team to playoffs. Jazz supporting cast is weak and their two stars have serious flaws in their games.

Conley was coming off a missed season due to injury, learning a new system and learning new teammate's and so many of you ha e been beyond rude with this guy. This guy who
Other future FA will ask him about Utah and y'all ready to run the guy out of town. Smg. Bad fans, horrible fans actually

Let's face it Jazz are doomed. They suffering from what I called Celtic Pride Curse.

Only championship they won is ina fictional comedy movie. Can Mitchell be Scott and carry a bunch of lame duck teammates to promise land?

And I don’t believe there are 15 better starters. Than him.
Jrue
Steph
Doncic
Harden
Kyrie
Russell
Paul
Brogdon
Murray
Simmons
Lillard
VanVleet
Lowry
Kemba
Donovan Mitchell

And I'm not counting guys like Bledsoe, Westbrook, Dragic, and others who are good shouts.

Conley was coming off a missed season due to injury, learning a new system and learning new teammate's and so many of you ha e been beyond rude with this guy. This guy who
Other future FA will ask him about Utah and y'all ready to run the guy out of town. Smg. Bad fans, horrible fans actually
Okay number one he was not coming off an injury, so not sure what you are watching. He sat down the stretch a little bit that was to preserve his trade value.

Rude fans wanting to trade a player who is underperforming... if he’s that sensitive then he should not be a pro basketball player... if another free agent was like “they tried to trade Mike Conley on message boards... don’t sign with the Jazz!” I will happily pass on that candy *** free agent cuz they ain’t a winner.