What's new

Conley to start soon.

I get the sense that Conley has an ego bigger than he should or at least looks at himself as a far greater basketball player than he ever was.

This is the right thing to do. Anyone with eyes can tell that Conley has struggled. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying to themselves or not paying attention. Of course we want him to do well. Honestly he seems like a great guy off the court and I`d love the pants off him if only he`d give me a sliver of a reason to based on his play, but he has not. Biggest investment and risk this team has taken for ages so frustration is only natural. Not overly optimistic starting him is the answer, but its the best play on the board to get something out of him at this point. I genuinely hope he succeeds. More than happy to eat crow.

I bet you were hoping the jazz would lose last night.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. I’m not like you guys when Conley is playing hoping he sucks to further your narrative.

You’re usually a good poster but your takes have been absolute trash lately.

This is the right thing to do. Anyone with eyes can tell that Conley has struggled. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying to themselves or not paying attention. Of course we want him to do well. Honestly he seems like a great guy off the court and I`d love the pants off him if only he`d give me a sliver of a reason to based on his play, but he has not. Biggest investment and risk this team has taken for ages so frustration is only natural. Not overly optimistic starting him is the answer, but its the best play on the board to get something out of him at this point. I genuinely hope he succeeds. More than happy to eat crow.
While I agree that starting Mike considering the investment is the right thing to do for now, it's just disappointing that he couldn't do more with the backups against these smaller lineups.

My expectations are low with this one.

There’s a thing more deleterious than the Monstars; CONTEXT. This ain’t Memphis, he ain’t young, and he ain’t been playing well. Those are just facts.

Anyway, yeah, we’re all hoping he does well. All. Everyone. Even jom.

When is the last time he’s sucked? Truly wondering.

Tony Jones is doing a live Q & A on The Athletic right now. So far he's said:

The Jazz won't make Conley available in a trade.

Royce will probably be the one moving to the bench when Conley's inserted back into the starting lineup.

The Jazz are aggressively scanning the market like they do at every trade deadline but nothing has materialized as of now.

They would like to upgrade at backup center and would move Ed if a trade makes sense.

They could possibly have some interest in Mark Gasol in the offseason.

IMG_6860.JPG

When has Conley ever been a bad player in his entire career? He was with the same team for 12 years and got traded in the offseason. The same system and same place for 12 years. Add in a nagging hamstring injury and it’s not hard to understand why he’s been struggling.

He will turn it around and be the player we all hoped he would be when we first traded for him.

Players don’t just magically suck all of a sudden for no reason. It just doesn’t happen. Anyone with eyes can see he’s been struggling but what everyone is failing to realize and understand is there are reasons behind it.

Players don’t just magically suck all of a sudden for no reason. It just doesn’t happen. Anyone with eyes can see he’s been struggling but what everyone is failing to realize and understand is there are reasons behind it.
Because he was never that "great"?

You can keep taking the high road, but really it's just not a good fit.

He'll start soon with DM and Ingles already ball handlers and scorers. What duties will he do? Take over Exum's spot in the corner?

I dunno man. Either he has been Mon-Starred as you suggest just does not happen or he wasnt that good int he first place. He`s had this "underrated" tag for years but I think maybe he was just correctly rated and we were sold a bill of goods. He`s had his excuses and wiped his nose with them, now he needs to rise above those hurdles.

Hell yes. Been mentioning that one for a while. I’d like to see him come for the BAE.
Let's just see how it goes with Conley... the friends of Mike and former Grizzlies have not done well here.

Tony Jones is doing a live Q & A on The Athletic right now. So far he's said:

The Jazz won't make Conley available in a trade.

Royce will probably be the one moving to the bench when Conley's inserted back into the starting lineup.

The Jazz are aggressively scanning the market like they do at every trade deadline but nothing has materialized as of now.

They would like to upgrade at backup center and would move Ed if a trade makes sense.

They could possibly have some interest in Mark Gasol in the offseason.
Tell him the Jazz should trade for Wood... not a question... just a statement of fact.

Let's just see how it goes with Conley... the friends of Mike and former Grizzlies have not done well here.
If I approve of the friends of Mike Conley then it’s ok. Like, wasn’t super thrilled with Green. Was thrilled for Davis. Davis still better than TB.

If I approve of the friends of Mike Conley then it’s ok. Like, wasn’t super thrilled with Green. Was thrilled for Davis. Davis still better than TB.
Ed's been much worse than TB overall... now I can't trust you at all. He's soooooo bad.