What's new

Corbin not all to blame

l Abach l

Talent level on this team just isn't.... good. I agree that Corbin isn't a competent head coach of any team in the NBA, but you can't teach a player to miss a mid range jump shot by 4 feet (see Kanter's hilarious shot). Jazz have had plenty of open looks and have had some of the worst shooting performances I've ever seen. I'm not sold on the "core 4". I get it that they're young and that there are growing pains, but I just don't see a decent playoff team consisting of that unit leading the charge, even with a Jabari Parker or Wiggins.

Talent level on this team just isn't.... good. I agree that Corbin isn't a competent head coach of any team in the NBA, but you can't teach a player to miss a mid range jump shot by 4 feet (see Kanter's hilarious shot). Jazz have had plenty of open looks and have had some of the worst shooting performances I've ever seen. I'm not sold on the "core 4". I get it that they're young and that there are growing pains, but I just don't see a decent playoff team consisting of that unit leading the charge, even with a Jabari Parker or Wiggins.

We've seen the flashes, so the talent is there. We just need a coach who can give them the confidence to do it consistently. The problem is lack of leadership, which comes with self-confidence in which they are lacking.

These are pros. They're going to have good games occasionally. Showing flashes is not sufficient evidence that these players are talented.

I agree. Go to every bottom tier team in the NBA and there will always be players showing "flashes". There have been plenty of Jazz players that are below average NBA players but showed flashes - see Ostertag, Deshawn, Fesenko, CJ Miles, etc

This is a stupid thread!!

Thanks for stating the obvious! Of course it's not all Ty's fault. Anyone who thinks this is beyond dumb. With that said we should be better then we've shown. It's plain to see he isn't getting more out of his guys... Think Sloan.

This is a stupid thread!!

Thanks for stating the obvious! Of course it's not all Ty's fault. Anyone who thinks this is beyond dumb. With that said we should be better then we've shown. It's plain to see he isn't getting more out of his guys... Think Sloan.

20-30 wins means the talent level is low. 10-15 wins means not only is the talent level low, but your coach is beyond bad.

20-30 wins means the talent level is low. 10-15 wins means not only is the talent level low, but your coach is beyond bad.

Did you just respond to a comment you made? And I don't think this thread is stupid. I think that it's important to realize that our players just aren't good, even if we had a great coach. It's important to realize that our future plans may not involve the "core 4" and that we are better off trading them in pursuit of alternatives.

Ok now look at last years team. We had pretty competent starters, and a bench full of lottery picks, I just don't know how you would miss the playoffs with that team. I would put my money down on saying a different coach would have made last years team way better.

If this was Corbin's 1st year, i would agree with you but it's not and we have seen his decisions before too. He's just not either a good leader to fix all the problems or tactical genius. We need an experienced guy who can motivate the guys but also prepare some original game plans due to our strenghts.

We had pretty competent starters, and a bench full of lottery picks, I just don't know how you would miss the playoffs with that team.
Which of the 8 Western Conference playoff teams had less talent on their roster than the Jazz?

That's the irony of this season. He's not all to blame and I'd say this is the season you can blame him the least, yet this season his past seasons/deficiencies are coming home to roost.

If this was Ty's first year I'd tell the people who were calling for his head to chill out. But honestly, is there anyone who believes he is a good head coach and just has a bad hand now?

That's the irony of this season. He's not all to blame and I'd say this is the season you can blame him the least, yet this season his past seasons/deficiencies are coming home to roost.

If this was Ty's first year I'd tell the people who were calling for his head to chill out. But honestly, is there anyone who believes he is a good head coach and just has a bad hand now?

This 100x

I'm not one to judge, but another coach could have done a lot better.
You just said you didn't know how that team could miss the playoffs. To make the playoffs, you have to be one of the top 8 teams in your conference. Do you think the Jazz had a better team than any of the 8 that made the playoffs in the West?

Of course it's not all Corbin's fault but The Jazz do absolutely nothing well as a team. And as for the talent of the core players, if you took Kanter/Favors off this team right now and replaced them with Jefferson/Millsap would their record be any better - maybe one more win? LOL - maybe one less win?

What I do know The Jazz did nothing well as a team last year. Whatever marginal success that The Jazz achieved last year was due to the fact that they had 4 starting caliber 4/5's. A third of the league doesn't even have 2.

Whitewashing your own history much? You've criticized Corbin since five games into his career and have never let up. You never gave him a chance. You always thought you knew more than Coach and have bitched about substitution patterns since day one, never conceding when playing time for the youngsters vindicated his choice of vets. Truth is, you wanted to see the youth and that's all that mattered. It's not about Corbin, at least be honest about it.

Of course it's not all Corbin's fault but The Jazz do absolutely nothing well as a team. And as for the talent of the core players, if you took Kanter/Favors off this team right now and replaced them with Jefferson/Millsap would their record be any better - maybe one more win? LOL - maybe one less win?

What I do know The Jazz did nothing well as a team last year. Whatever marginal success that The Jazz achieved last year was due to the fact that they had 4 starting caliber 4/5's. A third of the league doesn't even have 2.

I realize you're fighting ZMAN and Joe Bagguh for most irrational hater.. I think you've won the crown with this one. If you really want to look like your avatar hit you in the head with that club..