What's new

Coronavirus

More bigotry.

Because these hosts just assume that the drooling rubes who watch this garbage will just assume “South Africa = Blacks living in huts”

It’s important to remember that the variant was sequenced in South Africa and has been found in Europe and Asia. It didn’t necessarily originate in South Africa. Not that it even matters. Everywhere needs to be vaccinated because anyone can become infected with this ****. Each time it finds a host it can mutate and become a different variant.

I've been sort of wearing a face mask for the last couple months, here and there. I have been fully vaxxed and recently boosted. I am now wearing a mask in public all the time.

I really wanted to be done with this **** already.

I've been sort of wearing a face mask for the last couple months, here and there. I have been fully vaxxed and recently boosted. I am now wearing a mask in public all the time.

With new variants on the horizon it won't be any time soon. We may be looking at the new normal.

I trust my family doctor, who stated, that stores and other somewhat large public areas are not causing the majority of infections. Specially if those people, who are moving near you do not have any symptoms even if they already have an infection process going on inside the body.

IMHO there is a bigger chance that the "being worried" status will slowly cause more damage to your body, than the COVID itself. Either directly at your cell level or mental level so you will do some other dangerous mistakes, for example while driving a car, hiking, doing-fixing something at home etc. Unless you work in a media outlet :). When i was at quarantine then it was quite annoying to constantly touch the forehead and waiting "when i start to have a fever" or when waking up and the first thing to do was to check from the medical portal about the status of my PCR test. On a government level there is already too much panic and hysteria related decisions (border closures, banning tourists, lockdowns etc.). Soon we might start labelling those who have got only 3 shots of vaccine instead of 5 flat earthers and antivaxxers :)
Sometimes you just have to hope for the best and be ready to face the "bad cards".

Murdoch media:

Forget vaccines go out and get covid! Natural immunity is better anyway!

Also Murdoch media:

Covid continues to plague our country and it’s all Joe Biden’s fault!

How is this helping?

How is any of this helping? Like this Fox n Friends segment doesn’t even make sense. If Covid really was a political conspiracy, wouldn’t they have made up a new variant before the Virginia election? Hell, wouldn’t they have declared Covid eradicated in the afternoon of Jan 20?

The people who watch this ****… what the hell? It’s not even coherent enough to make sense.

I trust my family doctor, who stated, that stores and other somewhat large public areas are not causing the majority of infections. Specially if those people, who are moving near you do not have any symptoms even if they already have an infection process going on inside the body.

IMHO there is a bigger chance that the "being worried" status will slowly cause more damage to your body, than the COVID itself. Either directly at your cell level or mental level so you will do some other dangerous mistakes, for example while driving a car, hiking, doing-fixing something at home etc. Unless you work in a media outlet :). When i was at quarantine then it was quite annoying to constantly touch the forehead and waiting "when i start to have a fever" or when waking up and the first thing to do was to check from the medical portal about the status of my PCR test. On a government level there is already too much panic and hysteria related decisions (border closures, banning tourists, lockdowns etc.). Soon we might start labelling those who have got only 3 shots of vaccine instead of 5 flat earthers and antivaxxers :)
Sometimes you just have to hope for the best and be ready to face the "bad cards".
Wearing a mask, if anything, makes me worry less. But it really is such a small thing I hardly notice or think about it.

Wearing a mask, if anything, makes me worry less. But it really is such a small thing I hardly notice or think about it.
Might seem like a minor thing but the fact that every mask I've tried fogs up my glasses means it's a constant irritating reminder of it. If it were a permanent mandate or something I'd get used to it, but aside for minor discomfort the glasses thing is really irritating.

Careful out there. Someone is probably going to get pissed at you for wearing a mask where its not forced.

Might seem like a minor thing but the fact that every mask I've tried fogs up my glasses means it's a constant irritating reminder of it. If it were a permanent mandate or something I'd get used to it, but aside for minor discomfort the glasses thing is really irritating.
Put your mask on first and have your glasses sit on top of the mask, wear a bit lower than normal. Hospital folks figure that one out pretty quick.

Careful out there. Someone is probably going to get pissed at you for wearing a mask where its not forced.
Well then they'll enjoy my T-Shirt that says "VACCINATED AF"

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C613lDM1XTDL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX679_.png

I did. So, I didn't have any significant side effects from the first two doses and I also didn't have any significant side effects from the booster and flu shot at the same time.
Ditto. And, yes, they did them in different arms, and tried to avoid my tattoos in both cases. I think the right arm hurt more, but I don't remember which shot went in there, and the soreness is more just because you got a piece of metal stuck into your muscle and then a liquid was pumped in there than what that liquid was - it was physical damage, not chemical, in other words.

Win98 is absolutely NOT better than Win10.

I'm not saying Windows is great but some of us want to actually do stuff with our computers that we want to do instead of having a curated experience so Mac doesn't work for us.
Win98 was better at the time than Win10 is now - I can't speak to Win11 because I haven't used it, or, really even seen it.

I use Linux at home and whatever version of Windows I'm stuck with at work.

Nowhere else has ninjas, either, or, at least, you don't see them around.
That's a very good point. I could see ninjas sneaking up on the virus and killing it before it even knew it was under attack.

Put your mask on first and have your glasses sit on top of the mask, wear a bit lower than normal. Hospital folks figure that one out pretty quick.
I do that and hate the way it feels, and with progressives it messes with my vision. No good solutions. Granted it's minor but over time gets more and more aggravating.

Omicron is the real deal.
Less than 2 weeks after it was first detected in South Africa, and it is now the dominant strain accounting for 76% of cases sequenced there. (Less than 1% of cases get sequenced.)
So… it looks like it will overtake Delta fairly quickly as the dominant strain.
Here’s hoping the vaccine efficacy against Omicron is high.

Less than 2 weeks after it was first detected in South Africa, and it is now the dominant strain accounting for 76% of cases sequenced there. (Less than 1% of cases get sequenced.)
It does seem like it's maybe less serious - less deadly and less damaging overall. Or at least those were the initial reports a few days ago, new information may have changed that.

It's early, but I would like to understand if it's more transmissible or deadly than other strains. That's the true question.