What's new

Coronavirus

why is it that the authorities still can't emphasize the role of age and health status in Covid risk profile ???
They have...

Stop cheering for the death of people with health issues and acting like all people need to do is be in good health like superior you to not have anything to worry about.

Everyone knows that being in good health is the best defense. No one is hiding that fact. There is no conspiracy on this subject.

Pick something real to talk about.

They have...

Stop cheering for the death of people with health issues and acting like all people need to do is be in good health like superior you to not have anything to worry about.

Everyone knows that being in good health is the best defense. No one is hiding that fact. There is no conspiracy on this subject.

Pick something real to talk about.

that's not real ?? I've yet to hear one public health official urge people to lose a little weight if they can and eat healthier. Which has a real, measurable effect on Covid outcome. I would much rather hear this than health officials urge young healthy people to get a fourth or fifth Covid vaccine. I don't get how you can have a problem with this.

"cheering for the death of people with health issues" ??? It's hard to take you seriously when you make ridiculous comments like that

that's not real ?? I've yet to hear one public health official urge people to lose a little weight if they can and eat healthier. Which has a real, measurable effect on Covid outcome. I would much rather hear this than health officials urge young healthy people to get a fourth or fifth Covid vaccine. I don't get how you can have a problem with this.

"cheering for the death of people with health issues" ??? It's hard to take you seriously when you make ridiculous comments like that
You have never heard a health official advise people to have a healthy weight? So have you intentionally ignored listening to health officials?

Yeah, you're on ignore. What a ****ing joke.

You are something else.

You have never heard a health official advise people to have a healthy weight? So have you intentionally ignored listening to health officials?

Yeah, you're on ignore. What a ****ing joke.

You are something else.

you know damn well i meant during the Covid pandemic. As usual you don't addess the issues but just turn straight to abuse. Shame

you know damn well i meant during the Covid pandemic. As usual you don't addess the issues but just turn straight to abuse. Shame
This is so well documented it is ridiculous. You are saying nonsense. I'm done being frustrated by your ignorance.

further to the cowardly Gameface's abuse in previous posts that people who don't take repeated Covid vaccine boosters don't care about others and deserve to be locked out of society, i wonder what his thoughts would be of this study .. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41366-022-01215-y
I got a very stern warning for what I said to you before. I took my punishment and have avoided engaging with you. I am now ignoring you and will no longer engage with you. I like you in general, but on this topic I find your disinformation and distortions to be infuriating as you are contributing to the loss of human life. That's enough for me to disengage and not interact with your willfully ignorant content.

Enjoy contributing to the loss of human lives. I wish you no success whatsoever.

why is it that the authorities still can't emphasize the role of age and health status in Covid risk profile ???
huh? i have always known the elderly and fat/unhealthy/sick are more at risk. its been obvious. Why would any officials tell people to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. Everyone already knows that helps against covid lol.

Im getting the latest booster next week btw. im also already very very healthy anyways. Cant hurt to get more protection though.

Im getting the latest booster next week btw. im also already very very healthy anyways. Cant hurt to get more protection though.
Good luck! The initial shots from moderna made me pretty sick. But they’ve all decreased each time in making me sick. This last time I got Pfizer because Costco didn’t have anymore Moderna and it wasn’t anything. I got the flu shot and Covid booster. All I had was a slightly sore arm for a day. Got it Thursday afternoon and Popped 2 Advils Friday morning and was on my way. Didn’t miss any work and I worked out Friday afternoon. By Saturday evening, even my slightly sore arm was barely noticeable.

Haven’t gotten sick (knock on wood) either.

I’m glad we live at a time where vaccines exist and I’m not getting sick with stuff that would’ve been prevented or made far less severe with a 3 min visit to the grocery store.

How can the administration actually say this with out any data to back this up?
The science is clear on the vaccines, how they work, and whether they work. If they take an extra 6 months to perform RCTs on every revision, that's lives lost and the virus has already mutated again.

RCTs are good evidence, but there are many types of evidence, and you shouldn't let people die while obsessing over RCTS.

Last edited:
that's not real ?? I've yet to hear one public health official urge people to lose a little weight if they can and eat healthier.
I'm sorry, but you must live in an alternative universe. I've been hearing that advice for my entire life.

Which has a real, measurable effect on Covid outcome.
Not getting covid19, or getting a much milder case, has an even larger effect on outcomes.

I would much rather hear this than health officials urge young healthy people to get a fourth or fifth Covid vaccine.
I'd much rather they encourage interventions that actually work. When as the last time advocating for lower weight and a healthier diet worked?

From the CDC

Obesity Worsens Outcomes from COVID-19​

Adults with excess weight are at even greater risk during the COVID-19 pandemic:

Children diagnosed with obesity may suffer worse outcomes from COVID-19. In a study of COVID-19 cases in patients aged 18 years and younger, having obesity was associated with a 3.07 times higher risk of hospitalization and a 1.42 times higher risk of severe illness (intensive care unit admission, invasive mechanical ventilation, or death) when hospitalized.7

From the AMA

“If we look at the prevalence of obesity based upon 2018 numbers, which is the latest that we see from the CDC, we know that 42.4% of U.S. adults have the disease of obesity. That's almost half,” said Fatima Cody Stanford, MD, MPH, assistant professor of medicine and pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. She added that many people have seen their weight increase during the pandemic, “so that 42.4% may actually be significantly closer to 50%.”

In addition, it’s often thought that kids are much less susceptible to COVID-19, but here again overweight plays a role. Children experiencing bad outcomes often have obesity, requiring ventilation or extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, or ECMO.

“This is an issue across the age spectrum,” she said.

So just searching for weight and covid gets you a dozen such articles right up front. They have never hidden the fact that obesity tends to make COVID worse. It is one of the first things I can remember reading about in 2020 when this all kicked off, that obese people are dying at a much higher rate.

I will say I do not agree with the characterization of obesity as a disease. I know in some individuals it is an issue of hormonal irregularities and other genetic factors outside of the individual's control. And frankly just due to our evolution we are all fat-gaining machines genetically, it is how we survived bouts of foodlessness. But I can see a lot of people sitting in the parking lot at McDonald's saying "see, it isn't my fault, it's a disease". Is it hard to deal with? Absolutely. Does it take real effort to keep yourself at a healthy weight, or at least as healthy as you can be? Absolutely. But I feel that this kind of characterization just exacerbates the situation as it removes the role of personal accountability. I took my obesity to heart, and I have some issues that directly affect it, like chronic pain, extensive surgical history, and history of mental health issues (depression) all of which are shown to increase instances of obesity. But my wife decided to get surgery to get on top of her weight issues, and I chose to follow suit. Yes, we definitely need to fix the issues of cost in our food supply chain, and find a way to get people better access to better food, when it is way cheaper to buy a hamburger every day than to buy vegetables. But it just rubs me the wrong way to hear obesity characterized as first and foremost a disease. It isn't something you catch, and unlike cancer, obesity is completely reversible with simple effort (yes simple, I never said it is easy).

Anyway that is a discussion for another day probably in a different thread.

The science is clear on the vaccines, how they work, and whether they work. If they take an extra 6 months to perform RCTs on every revision, that's lives lost and the virus has already mutated again.

RCTs are good evidence, but there are many types of evidence, and you shouldn't let people die while obsessing over RCTS.
You skipped over the part of "We know we can prevent nearly every death from covid if people get their updated vaccines”

This is not accurate and absolutely misinformation. The vaccines do not prevent “nearly every death”. Yes it helps prevent death, I agree, but not nearly every death. This is coming straight from the administration. This is why you have open debate and voices from all sides of arguments.
If it prevents nearly ever death then more people wouldn’t have vaccine hesitancy. People look at the data and see well it doesn’t stop me from transmitting it, doesn’t stop me from getting it, it doesn’t stop death, then I guess I will take my chances. If it actually did “nearly” stop transmission or “nearly” stop death there would be a higher usage.

Does it help, yes it does. Why can’t people just be honest about things.

You skipped over the part of "We know we can prevent nearly every death from covid if people get their updated vaccines”

This is not accurate and absolutely misinformation. The vaccines do not prevent “nearly every death”. Yes it helps prevent death, I agree, but not nearly every death. This is coming straight from the administration. This is why you have open debate and voices from all sides of arguments.
So, your disagreement is that you don't like the precision level of the phrase "nearly every"? The percentage of fully vaccinated who succumb to covid19 is an order of magnitude lower than those who are unvaccinated. If someone refers to saving 90% as "nearly every", I'm not going to quibble.

If it prevents nearly ever death then more people wouldn’t have vaccine hesitancy.
Vaccine "hesitancy" is over 100 years old. People objected to vaccinating for smallpox, polio, measles, meningitis, etc. When these vaccines prove wildly successful, people attribute it to other factors and still object to vaccines. Vaccine "hesitancy" is not based on rational consideration of the numbers (the CDC does the rational consideration). It's based on emotional appeal.

Does it help, yes it does. Why can’t people just be honest about things.
I don't consider equating 'stopping 90%' and "nearly every" to be dishonest. YMMV.