What's new

Coronavirus

I think you will see a push to save the economy over people. You already see how this is lining up and there’s no doubt it was Trump’s intuition all along.

The good doc is fighting a losing battle on more ways than one.

I think you will see a push to save the economy over people. You already see how this is lining up and there’s no doubt it was Trump’s intuition all along.

The good doc is fighting a losing battle on more ways than one.

Isn't it ironic how Trump (or more likely Trump's people) appointed people who seem to be very good at what they do (FEMA, Surgeon General, the head of the CDC) and yet he they're all drowned out by him and his stupidity.

Whereas GWB hired all his Dad's friends and his college buddies and then let them run their commissions into the ground.

To an extent yes, seriously. I do know one thing for certain though. You can't have an economy without anyone working or buying anything. I truly am having a hard time grasping how the "cure" isn't worse than the sickness here. Not for the old fat sick people obviously, but for the greater good.
If we cut social distancing short there are hundreds of thousands (or more) of lives on the line. In this scenario the Healthcare system goes well beyond its breaking point, millions of workers are out of work anyway from being sick, and those healthy are probably not going to want to go to work and risk getting ill themselves.

We'd likely end up with the worst of both worlds, a depression as well an unimaginable amount of death and misery.

Until we're confident that we have testing and contact tracing at the level necessary to stop another outbreak we have to stay the course.

Also starting to hear more and more about the use of Hydroxychloroquine combined with a powerful antibiotic such as zithromyacin to effectively treat Covid. The Hydroxychloroquine prevents the virus from entering cells and replicating. The antibiotic prevents secondary infections from settling in.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

My friend's aunt is being treated with this - I'm not sure how old. Assuming at least late 70's.

Apparently she's responding well.

Well and then there’s this:

apparently they decided to take Dr. Donald’s words a little too literally.

at this point, maybe it’s for the best? Maybe it’s for the best for boomers and other trump/Fox News addicts to kill themselves off? They either aren’t taking this seriously enough or they’re taking Dr. Donald’s words over medical professionals.

I mean gosh... so upset right now...

Last edited:
If we cut social distancing short there are hundreds of thousands (or more) of lives on the line. In this scenario the Healthcare system goes well beyond its breaking point, millions of workers are out of work anyway from being sick, and those healthy are probably not going to want to go to work and risk getting ill themselves.

We'd likely end up with the worst of both worlds, a depression as well an unimaginable amount of death and misery.

Until we're confident that we have testing and contact tracing at the level necessary to stop another outbreak we have to stay the course.

good post. Agree to all of this.

But

dont we all know what’s going to happen? The worst of both worlds because trump is our president:

And I’m sure he’ll find a way to blame democrats and blue states for everything too.

Last edited:
To an extent yes, seriously. I do know one thing for certain though. You can't have an economy without anyone working or buying anything. I truly am having a hard time grasping how the "cure" isn't worse than the sickness here. Not for the old fat sick people obviously, but for the greater good.

@Zombie had a great post.

But you also need to consider the global marketplace. Even if we had zero Coronavirus here, who the hell are we going to sell our stuff to when thousands are dying across Europe and Asia?

We need to address the pandemic first, so it doesn't collapse our health care system, and then stimulate the economy.

I can't believe I have to say this but apparently with Fox News Disinformation running rampant and "pro life" GOPers showing their true colors... But dead and dying workers make for poor workers and a poor economy while dead or dying consumers make for poor consumers.

Letting this pandemic run free because Donald values money and his re-election chances more than human life has a devastating cost...

The testing of US citizens upon re-entry was another Government lie. one friend and three relatives of friends have returned and none were tested.

Yeah and it wasn't even a good lie. It's taking a week for people sick in the hospital to be tested. And we're expected to believe that people are being tested in the airports? LOL

If you believe that, then you probably think that Donald hasn't released his tax returns because they're still being evaluated by the IRS or something.

Kill off the rural people to #ownthelibs

Trump’s base doesn’t care that Dear Leader is screwing them as long as they feel that they’re screwing someone on the left.

As one of the sick people of the world, I'm not fond of how dismissive people are becoming about my life.

I just look at it like its your issue to keep yourself safe. Not my issue to keep you safe. If you are one of the unlucky that are prone to have issues with this then its up to you to isolate, wash your hands non stop, wear face masks etc ..... I don't want you to get sick, but I want you to make sure you don't get sick.

I'm not going to see my parents because they are 60, I'm not seeing our neighbors because they have immune disorder issues, but the it should be squarely on their shoulders to keep themselves safe. I'll do my part but shutting everyone else down so some don't get put at risk seems crazy.

I know thats over simplifying things but I've got a lot of spare time to waste on pointless arguments right now.