What's new

Coronavirus

On top of that you know that it was the local leaders that shut him down right? Which handled it very poorly.

Which I don't agree with how they handled a lot early. But again it's illegal what he did in the USA as well.

What was illegal?
Saying to the medical
Community that there is a sars-like virus going around?

Youre hilarious

China is doing a decent job of trying to contain this. I wish they would accurately report the information though especially the local agencies instead of worrying how it makes them look.

You can condemn China for keeping live animals in markets that lead to this like bats. But if you do that you should also condemn places that eat pigs that are much much much bigger problem for viruses around the world and much more deadly and contagious virus have come from them. Including much worse outbreaks from the USA than this one. We in the USA are much better educated on this stuff yet not doing a better job either.

what outbreaks do we have in the u.s. from pigs that are worse than this?

what outbreaks do we have in the u.s. from pigs that are worse than this?
The 2018 flu was h3n2 strand originates from pigs that killed 80,000 people in the USA alone.

The 2009 swine flu from North America affected 11-21% of humans. The first cases were in Mexico but then quickly popped up possibly unrelated in the USA and spread rapidly. Some research suggests it could have killed 579,000 people in the world.

Pigs and waterfowl carry the flu and pass it along often to yearly flu. The worst flu epidemic us recent history from 1918 probably didn't start in the USA but did from pigs and killed 50 million people. Pigs carry some extinct to humans strands of flu that are very deadly.

Pigs are a huge problem because we can swap flu back and forth and the flu changes and adds DNA. They also do the same with birds. Making flu strands more deadly.

We just talked to a doctor in wuhan. He said that he thinks there are 10x. More cases but not many more deaths. They are only counting people admitted to the hospital and they are only admitting people that are in bad condition. Most people are told to go home and isolate themselves and recover. If they get worse come back in. But most are recovering. So the death rates on wuhan look higher and the infected rates look lower.

He showed us the roads there and they are a ghost town. But that's true of most of China right now. People are staying inside for the most part. Nice for me though! Wide open roads to ride around on in beautiful island weather!

Central China government has taken over being in charge on wuhan due to the incompetence of local leadership which I think is good. The local mayor really messed some things up. The local red Cross has been replaced by another one from nearby province.

If it is true, then it seems that the virus is kind of "rascist" i.e the asians have a higher chance to get it.

Copy-paste from that Twitter post:

What I do understand: Coronavirus enters the body through ACE-2 cells, whitch Asian men, have a lot more, compared to other humans.

East Asians have more receptors (over 5 times more) favoring the viral process, specifically ACE2-expressing cells.

If it is true, then it seems that the virus is kind of "rascist" i.e the asians have a higher chance to get it.

Copy-paste from that Twitter post:

What I do understand: Coronavirus enters the body through ACE-2 cells, whitch Asian men, have a lot more, compared to other humans.

East Asians have more receptors (over 5 times more) favoring the viral process, specifically ACE2-expressing cells.

Asian men specifically i believe.

We just talked to a doctor in wuhan. He said that he thinks there are 10x. More cases but not many more deaths. They are only counting people admitted to the hospital and they are only admitting people that are in bad condition. Most people are told to go home and isolate themselves and recover. If they get worse come back in. But most are recovering. So the death rates on wuhan look higher and the infected rates look lower.

He showed us the roads there and they are a ghost town. But that's true of most of China right now. People are staying inside for the most part. Nice for me though! Wide open roads to ride around on in beautiful island weather!

Central China government has taken over being in charge on wuhan due to the incompetence of local leadership which I think is good. The local mayor really messed some things up. The local red Cross has been replaced by another one from nearby province.

Locals told me their careers are over. They asked the whole city to wear mask 1 day before the lock down. It was too late.

I'm stuck here in the Philippines, there's a travel ban to China. They said it would last for a month but work resumes on the 17th. Damn

Locals told me their careers are over. They asked the whole city to wear mask 1 day before the lock down. It was too late.

I'm stuck here in the Philippines, there's a travel ban to China. They said it would last for a month but work resumes on the 17th. Damn
Bummer! I'm sure your work understands.

This is now a pandemic. The global health problem of this is out of control.

All because the CCP china decided to shove **** under the rug until it was too late. Thanks china.