What's new

Coronavirus

Because people just got sick of masks i think. We as a society are much more afraid and put out by minor inconveniences these days than death.
We are cool with people dying if it means we dont have to be inconvenienced.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I mean, there are two sides to every coin. Now we'll all have to see each others mugs again when out in public.

Based on the crazy #s of Covid in my kid's school during the Omicron breakout, I am not sure masks made much of a difference like they did with earlier variants. Her school went from maybe one or two cases a week to multiple cases per day. Somewhat anecdotal, but I think it was similar all over.

It just feels like the message is we are getting over the pandemic, and we are not. Hopefully we don't see overwhelming surges in hospitals, and can truly get back to something close to pre-Covid.

I caught the first iteration of the virus at the end of 2020. the vaccination program in my country at that times did not include my age range, neither did they consider my banking job as a priority risk group, although we were constantly exposed directly to a lot of customers.

Wearing masks within the building was mendatory and we only accepted a small number of people at the same time, to avoid crowds, which apperently did not help me to be safe after all.

It did hit me hard unfortunatelly. First 3 days were ok, I only lost my appetite and sense of smelling, but after the 4th day pandora's box opened and all hell broke loose. Fever, cough, chills, tachycardia, short breath, shaking violently, you name it. On the fifth day I was already done and urgently admitted to intensive care.

Boy that were the worst 6 days of my life. Granted I'm not much of a tough guy but I'm not really a crybaby either. Trust me, some of the **** I went through in the hospital made me wince and whine like an abandoned, hungry puppy in the cold.

It took 2 month till I could walk more then 10 steps or talk more then 5 words without gasping for air, and I still don't have my smelling back to normal after more then a year passed.

The doctors later told me that they did not expect me to survive at all, as the pneumonia was spread too much through my entire lungs... well, good thing that the douchebags who bet against me got their asses kicked on this one.

Why did I tell you all this? Short answer, don't take any risks and take all available medical precautions. If I would have known what I was going to get through, I would have paid hard cash to take those vaccine shots as early as possible.

I have received 3 biontech vaccines so far, and I will take further booster shots if asked for. It didn't do anything wrong to me what you would not expect from a vaccine to do, and I certainly will not take any stupid risks to test my chances by getting infected for a second time, so the mask and social distancing are going to stay for now.

I caught the first iteration of the virus at the end of 2020. the vaccination program in my country at that times did not include my age range, neither did they consider my banking job as a priority risk group, although we were constantly exposed directly to a lot of customers.

Wearing masks within the building was mendatory and we only accepted a small number of people at the same time, to avoid crowds, which apperently did not help me to be safe after all.

It did hit me hard unfortunatelly. First 3 days were ok, I only lost my appetite and sense of smelling, but after the 4th day pandora's box opened and all hell broke loose. Fever, cough, chills, tachycardia, short breath, shaking violently, you name it. On the fifth day I was already done and urgently admitted to intensive care.

Boy that were the worst 6 days of my life. Granted I'm not much of a tough guy but I'm not really a crybaby either. Trust me, some of the **** I went through in the hospital made me wince and whine like an abandoned, hungry puppy in the cold.

It took 2 month till I could walk more then 10 steps or talk more then 5 words without gasping for air, and I still don't have my smelling back to normal after more then a year passed.

The doctors later told me that they did not expect me to survive at all, as the pneumonia was spread too much through my entire lungs... well, good thing that the douchebags who bet against me got their asses kicked on this one.

Why did I tell you all this? Short answer, don't take any risks and take all available medical precautions. If I would have known what I was going to get through, I would have paid hard cash to take those vaccine shots as early as possible.

I have received 3 biontech vaccines so far, and I will take further booster shots if asked for. It didn't do anything wrong to me what you would not expect from a vaccine to do, and I certainly will not take any stupid risks to test my chances by getting infected for a second time, so the mask and social distancing are going to stay for now.
What an ordeal. Sorry you've had to go through that. Best wishes for a full recovery.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Well things are getting pretty bad in Shanghai for no reason. I think we have another poster on here living there but I dont know his name, hopefully he is okay.

Its a full on lockdown even though they claim 90% vaccination and the almost all the cases are asymptomatic or very mild. My wifes family has been in home lockdown for 6 weeks and are pretty much out of food and cant get it in. I have multiple friends positive with no symptoms but are dealing with extreme stuff. Food shortages and protests are growing. It started with people sharing food, water and other stuff with each other to panic. My friend cant get food because its getting stolen even though they are paying a lot of money for it.

Most foreigners are planning to leave as soon as they can from there and not come back. I have been planning to leave China for awhile for work but this is leading to wanting to accelerate it.

I am sick of dealing with this virus within a month of it. Its beyond stupid to worry about staying at 0 when people arent sick and there is medicine and vaccines. Move on world. Dont be a dumbass and not get vaccinated. Dont be a dumbass and go around if you are sick, stay home. Get tested if you are sick and self quarantine. Get treatment right away if you are feeling bad. If you have serious medical issues, take extra care and do what you need to be safe, no one else can do that for you.

Well things are getting pretty bad in Shanghai for no reason. I think we have another poster on here living there but I dont know his name, hopefully he is okay.

Its a full on lockdown even though they claim 90% vaccination and the almost all the cases are asymptomatic or very mild. My wifes family has been in home lockdown for 6 weeks and are pretty much out of food and cant get it in. I have multiple friends positive with no symptoms but are dealing with extreme stuff. Food shortages and protests are growing. It started with people sharing food, water and other stuff with each other to panic. My friend cant get food because its getting stolen even though they are paying a lot of money for it.

Most foreigners are planning to leave as soon as they can from there and not come back. I have been planning to leave China for awhile for work but this is leading to wanting to accelerate it.

I am sick of dealing with this virus within a month of it. Its beyond stupid to worry about staying at 0 when people arent sick and there is medicine and vaccines. Move on world. Dont be a dumbass and not get vaccinated. Dont be a dumbass and go around if you are sick, stay home. Get tested if you are sick and self quarantine. Get treatment right away if you are feeling bad. If you have serious medical issues, take extra care and do what you need to be safe, no one else can do that for you.

Begs the question what is the real motivation behind the lock down then? We're at "COVID normal" bout 10,000 cases a day in Melbourne, 330 in hospital, life goes on. I've had a feeling China has been lying about COVID for a while but you know that's just my own paranoid believe nothing nature.

Im sick as a dog at the moment, all the symptoms, still keep testing negative to the COVID, all my friends have had it. Just like sex, plenty of it about I seem to have none....

Begs the question what is the real motivation behind the lock down then? We're at "COVID normal" bout 10,000 cases a day in Melbourne, 330 in hospital, life goes on. I've had a feeling China has been lying about COVID for a while but you know that's just my own paranoid believe nothing nature.

Im sick as a dog at the moment, all the symptoms, still keep testing negative to the COVID, all my friends have had it. Just like sex, plenty of it about I seem to have none....
I dont think they have been lying about case numbers at least since Wuhan. I could be wrong but I have been traveling everywhere throughout the whole situation and there just isnt people dealing with it or have it. Until this Shanghai thing I had never met a person with covid in China. Also, only one person from Wuhan is the only one I know who even knows a person who knows a person who has had it inside the country. I am sure they havent told the full truth about it and lots of things. Although no government does even if they are a bit more controlled than others.

I do think they are lying about vaccination numbers. Anecdotally most people here dont seem vaccinated because no one who stayed in the country had any fear of catching it. But who knows I barely trust any thing.

But to your first point they have been very clear that they are all about beating the virus and being better than every country. They have spread how bad everywhere else is and how scary it is on those places. They have touted how much better they are and that they are keeping everyone safe with 0 cases. People have largely bought in, but that is changing. People realize they care more about low case numbers and appearance than they do about people and their well being. Cats and dogs being killed because the owner is positive is terrible. Kids being separated from their parents and quarantined in crap locations when they are asymptomatic and their parents are negative despite the parent wanting to be with their kid is terrible. There are lots of good and bad in China, this stuff is terrible.

I dont know, my wife is getting a job offer in Fiji or Vanuatu, that sounds much better to me right now.

Sorry you are sick, regardless of the virus being sick sucks.

I dont think they have been lying about case numbers at least since Wuhan. I could be wrong but I have been traveling everywhere throughout the whole situation and there just isnt people dealing with it or have it. Until this Shanghai thing I had never met a person with covid in China. Also, only one person from Wuhan is the only one I know who even knows a person who knows a person who has had it inside the country. I am sure they havent told the full truth about it and lots of things. Although no government does even if they are a bit more controlled than others.

I do think they are lying about vaccination numbers. Anecdotally most people here dont seem vaccinated because no one who stayed in the country had any fear of catching it. But who knows I barely trust any thing.

But to your first point they have been very clear that they are all about beating the virus and being better than every country. They have spread how bad everywhere else is and how scary it is on those places. They have touted how much better they are and that they are keeping everyone safe with 0 cases. People have largely bought in, but that is changing. People realize they care more about low case numbers and appearance than they do about people and their well being. Cats and dogs being killed because the owner is positive is terrible. Kids being separated from their parents and quarantined in crap locations when they are asymptomatic and their parents are negative despite the parent wanting to be with their kid is terrible. There are lots of good and bad in China, this stuff is terrible.

I dont know, my wife is getting a job offer in Fiji or Vanuatu, that sounds much better to me right now.

Sorry you are sick, regardless of the virus being sick sucks.

Fiji is better than Vanuatu, aim for Fiji.

A lot of my friends would pay good money to be separated from their kids for a week or two.... In fact it happened to a couple of them last year, was actually pretty tough.

Ah i'll get over it, have to by Saturday going to a gig for the first time in months

Im at the end of my first day of covid isolation. Actually been sick for over a week but isolation starts now cause I tested positive to a PCR overnight. **** thing is, I did 6 rats over the last week and they were all negative been going out doing whatever.

Im at the end of my first day of covid isolation. Actually been sick for over a week but isolation starts now cause I tested positive to a PCR overnight. **** thing is, I did 6 rats over the last week and they were all negative been going out doing whatever.

Bugger man .. get well quick. Heard that story about the RATS with quite a few ppl. And a couple who were positive to multiple RATS and negative to PCR

Bugger man .. get well quick. Heard that story about the RATS with quite a few ppl. And a couple who were positive to multiple RATS and negative to PCR

Ended up giving it to my folks, they seem alright gonna head over there tomorrow, at least we can isolate together over Easter.

Im actually feeling pretty good, think im at the end of it. Bah! ****ing covid

The FDA has put new restrictions on the J&J vaccine and released a strong recommendation that it only be taken if Moderna and Pfizer aren't an option. Apparently the J&J vaccine kills people. Per the FDA it can cause thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS),with the highest rate being in women 30 to 49 years of age. The FDA says that 15% of TTS cases have been fatal.

The FDA has put new restrictions on the J&J vaccine and released a strong recommendation that it only be taken if Moderna and Pfizer aren't an option. Apparently the J&J vaccine kills people. Per the FDA it can cause thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS),with the highest rate being in women 30 to 49 years of age. The FDA says that 15% of TTS cases have been fatal.

On the other hand, i have been told by right wingers that you cant trust the FDA cause they are in on the big covid hoax. So just disregard anything that they say. They are part of the swamp and big government

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

What was in it? Do you have any links to the information?

what was in it was pretty alarming and explains why Pfizer wanted the records sealed for 75 years. Let's just say it was in character for them. It beggars belief that it's not been widely reported but if you really wanted to you could find it with a few keystrokes. I look forward to hearing your assessment and take on this information.